Skip to content

Kagain quest

Hey,

Anyone started (and finished :wink:) Kagain quest which should be available from current beta? Is it a time limited quest?

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Yes, time limited.

The initial part of the quest works as it did before, giving you eight days before he complains, then an additional seven days before he leaves. The new part begins once you arrive in the boy's area; you'll have one day to find him.
    JuliusBorisov
  • former_customerformer_customer Member Posts: 111
    So, an additional question:

Is there anything beyond the dialogue and Kagain's asking to join up? I guess there are mods that supply an item to return to the Silvershield estate. Does 2.5 do that, or does it just allow Kagain to acknowledge finding the Silvershield boy?

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @former_customer There's more to this quest in the BG city, yes.
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    there is actually a quest? I only remember Kagain just saying, "Ah, there are too many robbed caravans to check out, let's do what you want."
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Dordledum This is added by the 2.5 patch. :)
    DordledumAerakar[Deleted User]Dragonspear
    That explains! Haven't played Evil yet since!
    JuliusBorisov

@former_customer There's more to this quest in the BG city, yes.

Hmm. I've scoured the map with the caravans repeatedly, and I haven't found anything to advance the quest.
    jonson0408
  • jonson0408jonson0408 Member Posts: 4
    There no info in the quest list or Journal,I can't continue the quest.
    Is there any one can show me the hint?
    former_customer

There no info in the quest list or Journal,I can't continue the quest.
    Is there any one can show me the hint?

I've started a few characters and run them back out there. I'm not getting anything but the dialogue with Kagain. I'm not sure what the issue is.
    I google the quest, and there is the same issue in 2.5beta test.....
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Unless I'm misunderstanding, Kagain's "quest" just involes taking him to the map north of Beregost and he simply comments that there is no point in looking further.
    ThacoBell said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding, Kagain's "quest" just involes taking him to the map north of Beregost and he simply comments that there is no point in looking further.

It's a little more than that now. And I part of it is apparently supposed to carry over a little later in the game. Jonson and I seem to be a spawn short of that development, unless we're missing something.
    ThacoBell
    It's impossible to tell what's going on without looking at your saves. Please zip and attach them at support.baldursgate.com, and our QA will get back to you.
    edited September 2018
    OK, I uploaded my save submit Bug #38617
    what boy? What area?

OK, I uploaded my save submit Bug #38617

The quest just finished after an dialogue, I just move too fast and break it....
  • SimulacreSimulacre Member Posts: 102
    edited October 2018

@Dordledum This is added by the 2.5 patch. :)

That's awesome !

This quest had been incomplete for soooooo long, something had to be done about it.

So does it ACTUALLY work now ? Has someone finished the quest ?
    JuliusBorisov
    It should! It's been tested internally.
    still not found the boy,
    dumped Kagain

Too much trouble, I gave up.
  • longtimeplayerlongtimeplayer Member Posts: 5
    Is there more of this quest in BG city (without mods)? If there is, I can’t figure it out. I’ve been in Silvershield Estate with Kagain but nothing seems to happen, except that Entar calls the guards when spoken to.
  • WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 183
    Since people seem to be confused, you need to go to the area north of Beregost and to the caravan near the middle of the map. I think it actually has its own marker. That will prompt Kagain to comment, give you the "30 gold per head" and end the quest.

Whether or not this continues in Baldur's Gate, I have no idea, but my guess would be no since Beamdog was rather conservative with restoring content.
    AerakarThacoBellAurorus
    Dordledum said:

still not found the boy,
    dumped Kagain

Too much trouble, I gave up.
    See tips from https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/38617
  • AurorusAurorus Member Posts: 201

Since people seem to be confused, you need to go to the area north of Beregost and to the caravan near the middle of the map. I think it actually has its own marker. That will prompt Kagain to comment, give you the "30 gold per head" and end the quest.

Whether or not this continues in Baldur's Gate, I have no idea, but my guess would be no since Beamdog was rather conservative with restoring content.

The questline appears to be working as intended if you search the caravan as per Kagain's initial request.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AurorusAurorus Member Posts: 201
    I have discovered a potential bug in the Kagain quest that may explain the behavior observed by the OP. If you click on Kagain and give him an order as he is activating to speak to the PC about locating Silvershield's son's body, your order will override his attempt to speak to Charname about the boy, and he will not speak to Charname. As a result, his quest will not complete.
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
    Aurorus said:

I have discovered a potential bug in the Kagain quest that may explain the behavior observed by the OP. If you click on Kagain and give him an order as he is activating to speak to the PC about locating Silvershield's son's body, your order will override his attempt to speak to Charname about the boy, and he will not speak to Charname. As a result, his quest will not complete.

Thanks! This is now logged in our internal tracker.
    Ugh, just recruited Kagain and went North, no dialogue at all.
  • thiefthief Member Posts: 45
    Is this new Kagain's storyline the same as BG1 Unfinished Business and/or BG1 NPC mod content?
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    You have to approach the most northern caravan from the east for Kagain's dialog to reliably trigger in my experience.
    DordledumJuliusBorisov
    edited January 2019
    Aerakar said:

You have to approach the most northern caravan from the east for Kagain's dialog to reliably trigger in my experience.

I'll try that tonight. Otherwise no Kagain for me.

Edit: That did it, thank you! Had to load an earlier save, but no biggie, :)
    Post edited by Dordledum on
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
    Lol, permadeath for Kagain on the next battle, hahaha. It's not meant to be.
    Aerakar