Skip to content

Baldur.ini on android

Hiya, Ida if this is working. Aham, does anyone know how to get into baldur.ini on android, its now 2018 and all I see is pc, no one has said any of this on Google Nore YouTube. How to access baldur.ini on android

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Phycoanto, welcome to the forum.

Finding baldur.ini will depend on what version of the game you are running on Android. If you are runnning 1.3.x, then you can find it on your internal SDCard in the folder:

Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/

If you haven't already, you need to start the game first to create the folder.

If you are running 2.5.17.0, then the function that was baldur.ini is now called baldur.lua and found the the same folder.

Happy hunting
    Gus
  • PhycoantoPhycoanto Member Posts: 72
    Hiya, thanks for the welcome. I'm looking for the baldur.ini so I can do the cheats, practicly, only the money cheat. It didn't have any of baldur.ini or Iua, but I did manage to download the lua from someone who posted here but the cheats this didn't work at all. I'm using vertion 2.5 from play store, if you or anyone could help to why the cheats not working I'll be much great full. Glad to be here btw. :)
    @Phycoanto, it can be a bit tricky to get the cheats working on Android! We can only but try. I have had it working on a Samsung Note 4 and Samsung Tab S.

First make sure you have the following line in your baldur.lua:

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')

Once this is done, you need to be able to bring up the console. I couldn't get it going with the default installed keyboard due to not being able to select a prompt dialog box. Mind you, had no problems with either an external USB or Bluetooth keyboard.

For the software keyboard: on Google Play, you will find Hacker's Keyboard. Install that and set (in Keyboard Settings) it up so that "Use Permenant Notification" is checked. This allows you to open the keyboard by swipping down to your notifications area. I also set the keyboard to have the transparent theme.

With the keyboard showing (or connected if you are using an external keyboard), you should be able to hit CTRL-Enter to get the console working. CTRL-8 should work fine.

Unfortunately, this method hasn't worked for all devices; hopefully no problems with yours.

Gus
    Ok I'll try that now. I do have an Android keyboard i plug into my tablet and my tablet is too a Samsung I'll let you know the results
    Ok hackers keyboard isn't working. I got the put notification thing but when I push it, nothing happens
    Na, its not working. Hackers keyboard, my ketboard, the baldur.lua thing, nothing works, they probly took it all away with an update but its all faulse now
    One other thing, i thought it was cheats=1 not debug mode, thats for bg2 isnt it?
    edited August 2018
    @Phycoanto, I will try mine today on the new version and let you know what happens.

The command is 'debug', I seem to recall 'cheats' from many years ago with the orginal. BG2EE uses the same debug line (as well as IWDEE if you have them).

Gus

Edit: tried on my Note 4 (don't have the Tab S anymore) and it worked fine with both Hacker's Keyboard and an external keyboard. CTRL-Enter (instead of CTRL-Space on the PC) are the keys used to bring up the console if you weren't aware. If you can't see the console area due to the Hacker's Keyboard, a 'cheat box' should show in the top left hand corner.

Could you upload your baldur.lua and I will give that a test as well just to make sure.
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    Do you keen send a screen shot of my baldur.Lua?
    Yeah none of them are happening on the keyboard, i push ctrl and enter but nothing happens, not eleven the cheat box.I'm using a Android keyboard i plug into my tablet as keyboardhacker don't work at all
    @Phycoanto, if you make a copy of you baldur.lua and rename it to baldur.lua.txt, then it can be uploaded through the forum (using the icon that looks like a page of paper with the corner bent).

I have uploaded a copy of the baldur.lua that I have used. Just rename it back to baldur.lua and give it a test.

Gus
    Omg, i finally got it working, thank you so much. Please can you give the same advice but for bg2ee, thank you so much.
    Now I'm facing another problem, i was spawning boots of speed for each of my characters now when I put the cheat in, it now ses the words string. C:Createitem ("BOOT01") what this STRING thing is Idk but its stopping me to create any more.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    The "i" in item needs to be capitalized. So C:CreateItem ("BOOT01")
    Ok. I have done that. But my other question was how does the cheats work on bg2ee?
    @Phycoanto, for BG2EE, you can use the same baldur.lua that works for BGEE. Just copy it across amd replace the current one.

Gus
    Yeah I figured it out thanks
    Hey all, i hope your doing well, ive done alot of IT studdying since the 1st time i joined here. Im now more aware of alot more so ill now be able to help those in need of anything. The cheats on here, both the baldur.lua when you put in theSetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1') does still work if you have an androie keyboard. The file for the cheat menu button isnt as benafit as the 1st with a keyboard. But the keyboad things like teleport to area in your current area dont work with the cheat menu.
  • Eddard_StarkEddard_Stark Member Posts: 52
    I am having a similar issue, but with my iPhone. Could one of you explain to me how I can gain access to specifically the CTRL 8 cheat in Baldur’s Gate? I have a Bluetooth keyboard.
    Hiya, i dont know what yous done to the console comand file but the name of it is messee up letters now and they no longer work