Skip to content

Rotate Group positions in Android

In the PC version you can click your whole party then right click where you want them to go and move mouse around to position them in the exact location and direction.

But in Android you can't. Perhaps a long press can bring up a dialog where you can rotate the group where you want them?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Hello! This is a popular request, submitted to the internal tracker - https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/33064
  • LazarusNineLazarusNine Member Posts: 44

Hello! This is a popular request, submitted to the internal tracker - https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/33064

Has there been any movement on this one in the last year+? It would really be nice to get party rotation working on tablets (in my case, iPad).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    subtledoctor said:
    To me this is a fundamental part of the game's interface, and I cannot comprehend how the devs think it's acceptable to simply omit it.
    To me, console access is far more important (I know there's a workaround, but it's not that optimal.......)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • feclarfeclar Member Posts: 2
    maybe necroing this thread, but on my android tablet i can click and drag the portrait.... or do you mean something else?
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    @feclar no, this is formation orientation so that the front of your formation is oriented toward the enemy, or so that it could fit a narrow corridor. often, it has to be done manually (the game automatically orients it along the path of your last movement, but it's not enough), but the android version does not include controls for it, so it can't be done.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited April 2020
    So, iPadOS 13.4 adds full mouse and trackpad support.

Has anyone tried to perform a Rotate Group Position on an iPad using a mouse? I don't expect it to work as of now, but maybe a future update will allow for that...
    Post edited by _Luke_ on