Skip to content

beamdog client won't log me in

galahad1313galahad1313 Member Posts: 34
This is something new for me. I always log in even when not playing a game just to update(like the recent 2,5 patches), but yesterday and today It won't let me log in at all and I get an odd error.

Unable to connect to Beamdog servers. No previous sign in was detected. To use the Beamdog Client offline, you must first sign-in online. ????? huh? I checked the forums and found no recent posts so i seem to be the only one with this problem it seems. Any help would be appreciated thanks :-).

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It should be working. Make sure you're using the supported client. https://www.beamdog.com/about/client_faq

If you're experiencing difficulties, send a message to our support, and they'll help you.

support@beamdog.com
  • IcingbladeIcingblade Member Posts: 3
    I am having the same issue. At first I was getting an error message from Beamdog client "Could not connect to beamdog server." I re-installed client and now receive "Unable to connect to Beamdog servers. No Previous sign in detected." Which is not shocking since I reinstalled but have no clue where to go from here. Emailed support as mention above. Bought client 5 weeks ago and have had no issues until today.
  • drfunkensteindrfunkenstein Member Posts: 8
    I am also having a problem signing in to the client (have used it for a couple years now, no previous problems). Tells me to check my internet connection, which is fine. I went to the link JuliusBorisov recommended, and the server "failed to respond". I can't seem to get to anything that is directly beamdog.com, although these forums are ok.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We're looking into this issue and so far haven't been able to repro it.

Please follow these questions from our QA (you have to register on that site first to reply).
    @JuliusBorisov , I'm signed into that site, but can't reply (don't know if I can reply on someone else's bug report), but I'm pretty much having the same problem. Unable to connect with server (my internet connection is fine), i've been using client for a couple years on this computer with no issues. i am still unable to connect, so not just a temporary thing. i tried accessing beamdog.com from another browser and i still cannot. i run a mac if that makes any difference. and the only thing i've done differently is that i uninstalled and reinstalled bg 1 yesterday, left the install running last night and the problem seemed to start when i came back to it this morning. tried restarting my computer a couple times but no dice.

@JuliusBorisov , I'm signed into that site, but can't reply (don't know if I can reply on someone else's bug report), but I'm pretty much having the same problem.

If you can't add to that existing bug report, please, create a new one (while you're logged in).
    JuliusBorisov
    I ended up bypassing the Beamdog client and ran the executable file to run NWN:EE. Have access to game/online servers once again.
    JuliusBorisov
    As per this, can you let us know if this is still happening?

As per this, can you let us know if this is still happening?

My client is working again.
    JuliusBorisov
    Great, thanks! If anyone starts getting issues again, let us know!
  • galahad1313galahad1313 Member Posts: 34
    Same here Icingblade, was away for a bit having some minor surgery done and tried logging in today in order to get the message to copy/paste for support and Voila! logged in right away. I'll chalk that one up to a head scratcher and continue on my merry since it works again. thnks juliusborisov
    JuliusBorisov
  • mufularomufularo Member Posts: 1
    i can't even download the game...
    it's written "has been logged in elsewhere"..
    @mufularo Please send a message to support@beamdog.com