Skip to content

[MOD] -Will to Power- a 2E-inspired psionics system for the Infinity Engine

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    It is not a criticism, just an honest question: why didn't you use the PnP Psionic and decided to develop this three-branches Psion?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks for explaining :)

Looking forward to play this one! Unfortunately I can't beta test it until September, 17.
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    In the first release of your mod, are you going to strip the content from "Might and Guile" so there wouldn't be any conflictions?
  • NoobaccaNoobacca Member Posts: 139

no, it's not nearly ready

Okay, that's not totally accurate. I guess it's nearly ready... it's like 90-95%. I just can't finish it up because I'm not able to properly test it all.

So: anyone want to playtest this? I might be able to put together a playable package within a week. With some people to check it out in-game, freeing me up to fix things based on their reports, maybe we can get the mod out of this holding pattern...
    Still needing testers? I'm keen to help you out (I've been following this thread and itching for its release) but I'm not sure where to download from. I've noticed you've posted links and also a zip file to an earlier comment but thought I'd just check with you in case you've got a newer version ready.
    I was wondering...

With @Bubb 's new coding it is possible to customize lot of things (like the action bar).

Combining this with a sphere-like system looks like it is absolutely possible to reproduce the PnP Psionic entirely, maybe even with the PP system instead of HP drain.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Err, how about something which helps to buff surrounding party members? Something like +1 to hit and +1 to AC (or better...) to those in a limited radius like a Bard song, call it Shared Sight. More esterotically the clairvoyant could do a 'reading' of a party member's future so they get a bonus for a period - an hour or until the next rest point. That shouldn't be doable in combat- takes a round or so or must be done in an inn or other safe location like scroll-making. Actually, just the thought of it has me imagining the possibilities for how different NPCs might banter about it ;). Shouldn't be resusable till psionicist rests again most likely.
  • v4d3rv4d3r Member Posts: 3
    Just another interested person. Made an account to say yay thank god I haven't known about this and been waiting.

Can't wait to see it now though. :/
  • v4d3rv4d3r Member Posts: 3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHeP9Sve48

We love you man. Thanks for your work!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hey @subtledoctor , thanks for releasing the beta for us! I'm going to be that annoying user though and ask for further help on how to install this. I've unzipped the mod to my game folder and I double click on the Will_to_Power.exe (I don't see any files that say 'setup') which then allows me to view a tone of options (general input/output options etc.) and when I finally enter through all of them when I am asked to 'Enter arguments', any argument entered closes the window. Does this mean I don't have it in the right folder? Thanks in advance for your tips!
    I'm curious... how the CW know who is the one using Psionic powers? I'm asking this because p.p. has no somatic or verbal components (one of the few things with a 0 speed factor in AD&D).
    CW = Cowled Wizards?
    edited October 2018
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Noobacca said:

Hey @subtledoctor , thanks for releasing the beta for us! I'm going to be that annoying user though and ask for further help on how to install this. I've unzipped the mod to my game folder and I double click on the Will_to_Power.exe (I don't see any files that say 'setup') which then allows me to view a tone of options (general input/output options etc.) and when I finally enter through all of them when I am asked to 'Enter arguments', any argument entered closes the window. Does this mean I don't have it in the right folder? Thanks in advance for your tips!

So I've tried moving the unzipped files to different locations (I'm running windows so I have game files in my C: drive and in 'My Documents') and it still doesn't install. Is there meant to be a 'setup-will_to_power.exe' as your readme states? Or just a 'will_to_power.exe' file?

Again, any advice is greatly appreciated!
    edited October 2018
    Hah, that actually worked... Thanks!
    edited October 2018
    edited October 2018
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • wyakpawyakpa Member Posts: 62
    edited October 2018
    Wow, great to see that you are still working on this! Come a long way since I was last around.

I'm trying out your new stuff, both here and with the other SoB related mods. I'm getting an error with this one though:

ERROR: No translation provided for @1043
    ERROR: [will_to_power/data/d5ps_x_.spl] -> [override/d5ps5x8.spl] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

I've installed FnP, TnB, and I've tried this one both before and after MnG. Any insight?

EDIT:
    Also installing on Windows 10, tried both using the EXE file and through an actual terminal.