Skip to content

Which mods will be compatablke withg BG EE

2»

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    edited September 2012
    CamDawg said:

the lack of full BG2 resources (i.e. Tweaks expects ToB bags of holding present for Exotic Items)

We may still ask the devs if they could include those resources into BG:EE :)

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited September 2012

CamDawg said:

the lack of full BG2 resources (i.e. Tweaks expects ToB bags of holding present for Exotic Items)

With the recent issues over lack of quality compression and larger than intended install sizes, do you really think that is an option? A solution may be a checkbox that downloads the additional BG2 resources, or else a mod engine which blends BG:EE and BG2:EE into a unified platform for modding.

Post edited by bigdogchris on
    Personally, I don't mind install sizes. I'd gladly spend some more time downloading a game that is more flexible and complete for modders. I'm open to the possibility that I'm the minority, but I sure hope not.
  • kiroskiros Member Posts: 119
    edited September 2012
    The original mods will not work in conjunction with Enhanced Edition. However I do suspect to see many mod's revived and coded to work with BGEE, but this will take time.
    rede9
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862

CamDawg said:

With the recent issues over lack of quality compression and larger than intended install sizes, do you really think that is an option? A solution may be a checkbox that downloads the additional BG2 resources, or else a mod engine which blends BG:EE and BG2:EE into a unified platform for modding.

The additional missing resources are not voice/tileset stuff. One could just drop a few voice/area art that is unfinished/unused and all the missing items could fit in their place, twice or more.
    AndreaColombo
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    It could indeed be a problem if not all the item, spell and creature recources are included in the game. It should be really simple to leave all that stuf in the game but I'm not sure they will do that?

Maby as a paid DLC called "Stuff from Amn" :)
    @artificial_sunlight - paid DLC? How cheap would that be on their part? (pun intended)
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Modders could use the original BG2 resoures to make it obsolete, than they will make it free for sure ;)
  • AADA7AAADA7A Member Posts: 32
    How come tweakpack is confirmed to work with EE if a new weidu is needed? I mean how could anyone try it?

Also, could I take some mods and try them out with the game or would that fuck things up too much? What I'm asking is if there is an easy way to install some mods for EE and then uninstall them just as easily if it turns out that they don't work.
  • pablo200783pablo200783 Member Posts: 96
    What about BG1 Unfinished Business this is essential for me add what cut from original release.