Skip to content

Gems only selling for 1gp

KnellerKneller Member Posts: 438
Right now, I have some turquoise, lynx eye, sunstone and fire agate and both the smith and merchant in Beregost will only pay 1gp apiece for any of it. I know the lynx should be worth 7gp and the others more. They might be stolen (which, if that's a problem, why steal anything?), but I'm pretty sure I got at least one of them off killing a xvart on the way there, so that should be good, right?

Edit: So exiting and reloading the game fixed the prices, but it dropped all the quantities to 1 (and I had more than that). Known bug?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    what version of bgee are you running? i recall in an earlier version the default gems in the gem bag didn't even have a slot number and would sell for one gem

is this the case with you? are you selling them out of the gem bag and are you doing it with an early version of bgee?
  • KnellerKneller Member Posts: 438
    edited September 2018
    It's 1.0.2014

Edit: I'm googling it now. Wow, this is old. I guess I need to get a patch. Where do people get patches? :D

(In my defense, I've only really ever done Steam gaming and everything updates automatically there)
    that might be the problem there

i recall back in the day when the gem beg was first implemented the 4 gems inside the bag had no stack number, so the shop keep would offer 1 gp for them, and every gem you put into that bag that has no stack number will make that gem disappear forever

to "fix" this, you need to take those gems out of that bag and put them back in

this is of coarse if you are having these problems with the gem bag
    Does this not mean I can't really even use the gem bag? Or, how can I update the game? I'm 90% certain it's the GoG version, if that matters (I'm playing on a friend's computer and he gets almost everything through GoG).
    you can still use the gem bag, you will just have to take the original 4 gems out, and then put them back in, and then the gem bag will work as normal, when it comes to updating the game i have no idea because i just use the steam version which automatically updates it on it's own
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    That is a very old version. Please tell your friend to update - you can use the GOG Galaxy to look for patches (it's similar to Steam).
    Well, I mean, I'm just fiddling around with it for now to see if I like it. I may buy it myself for a full run. So, if I buy it, like, next week, are there any significant bugs currently?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    There shouldn't be significant bugs in the current version of the games.
    Thanks! I'll probably grab it for myself during the next sale.