Skip to content

[BUG] Yeslick Looping Action

KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
edited November 2012 in Fixed
Current Behaviour
During Cloakwood Mines, Yeslick can go through a loop of joining and leaving the party under certain circumstances.

Expected Behaviour
He should not automatically leave and join repeatedly.

Files altered: yeslick.bcs, yeslij.dlg

Fixed in: v0626+

Originally found and fixed in: BG1Fixpack
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/858
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @KeithS
    This isn't fixed.

I had no problems with Yeslick in Build0615, but once I loaded my save files with Build0629 this loop starts.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    That phrase "under certain circumstances" makes me grumble. I've no way to test effectively if I don't know the conditions of the bug.

@Tanthalas
    I know the devs have said they want the former saves to be backward compatible, but I wouldn't put too much stake in it. It's not as if Build0607 is anything but history now, and there are no players out there who will require 0607-compatibility. I'll test this with a new 0629 game in a bit to help verify, but do you know what gets Yeslick loopy?
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited July 2012
    Well, basically in Build 0615 I had no problem.

After I updated to 0629, any of my old save files that I load where Yeslick is in my party immediately starts the loop.

But when I get home I'll try this using a new save file and check if the loop starts.
    Ah... yeah, still loopy. Confirmed not fixed. Though I did CLUA in there.
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    That phrase "under certain circumstances" makes me grumble. I've no way to test effectively if I don't know the conditions of the bug.
    @Bhryaen That's a good point. I'll make sure I'm more descriptive in the future.
    @Tanthalas
    It was immediately upon recruiting him. I had to leave for work so I couldn't meddle or research more helpfully. For sure I'd like to try snatching the key from Ankhegaeorn (jk) first so I could try to flood the mines with Yes and see if it breaks the loop. Would take a lot of coordination navigating Yeslick to the quest locations and through dialog with the plug miner with Yes' interruptions. Never happened to me before though.

@KeithS
    If you could quote the details of the source directly it might both save time and make it easier to confirm. It looks like @Balquo has a lot of the relevant details in his .pdf- not sure if it's the same for Ascension64's ToBEx list though...
    Does anyone still get this one in Build 0803?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I didn't experience it. I invited Yeslick, walked a bit around. Then dropped him off outside (Didn't want to leave him inside). Saved the slaves, then flooded the mine. I guess the quest should save him, if i save the other slaves, but i didn't check that.
    I haven't been experiencing this. Has anyone else?
    Putting this one to rest.