Skip to content

Neverending quest ?

Hi guys,

In Dorn's quest "A Blackguard's Revenge", the last journal note I get is "I would not want to see him angry" (I guess it is this, I translated it from French).

Is it the last note I will get for Dorn's Quest in BGEE ?

And can you confirm, if this is the case, than Dorn's Quest will never been closed in BGEE ?

Thanks.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    edited September 2018
    Hello!

You can use the program, called NearInfinity, to check any quest.

In this case, check the file "DORNJ.DLG".

What you describe here is "AddJournalEntry(28521,QUEST) // I Wouldn't Like Him When He's Angry Dorn indeed is a blackguard, for he has made a pact with some sort of demon. Perhaps he can control his violent urges around me, but no matter how strong our rapport, I can't help feeling he will eventually turn on me."

This is state 64 from 268.

So no, this is not the last journal note for Dorn in BG:EE.
  • YoudanjaYoudanja Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2018
    Hi Julius,

Thank you for your reply.

It might sound a bit stupid, I am a "clean journal" freak and thinking that this quest might always be active kind of annoys me.
    But hey, if it is how the game is supposed to be and it is not a glitch, i ll be fine with it.

So, actually, the core of my question is : even if you trigger and listen to all Dorn's banters in BGEE, will the quest "A Blackguard's Revenge" close eventually ?
    Or will it always be open, no matter what ?

Thanks.
    Post edited by Youdanja on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Youdanja said:

Hi Julius,

Thank you for your reply.

It might sound a bit stupid, I am a "clean journal" freak and thinking that this quest might always be active kind of annoys me.
    But hey, if it is how the game is supposed to be and it is not a glitch, i ll be fine with it.

So, actually, the core of my question is : even if you trigger and listen to all Dorn's banters in BGEE, will the quest "A Blackguard's Revenge" close eventually ?
    Or will it always be open, no matter what ?

Thanks.

It will be closed - see the last paragraph here, and the QA reply here.
  • YoudanjaYoudanja Member Posts: 7
    Yes, just got a reply from Richard. All clear now.

Thanks guys !