Skip to content

Bug Baldur's gate 2 EE - wrong description of spells

Hello!
I have identified this problem during my gameplay:

I don't expect Insect plague to be replaced with Spellstrike, a 9th level magespell. Perhaps someone of you modders out there may explain this predicament for me?

I presume this is a bug.

Expected behaviour: Insect plague level 5 should describe the spell insect spell and not the 9th level spell, "Spellstrike".

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    can you post your game version and any mods you may be using.
  • MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
    Hey, I have only the latest patch and SCS mod. Nothing more.
    edited September 2018
    hmm, ok, i've got a few more mods than that, but i'll log in and make a druid, see if my install has the same issue...

OK, i'm on V2.5 with SCS (and others) installed via EE-ModSetup Tool and Insect plague shows the correct spell blurb for me. If i was to guess i would say SCS have perhaps caused the error, did you install it as a stand-alone or via something like BWS/EE-Mod Setup tool?

*Edited in*
    Can you say whether you installed any of the SCS components that adjusted Insect Plague, my install of SCS is pretty minimal, it's pretty much just the AI improvements and i didn't touch anything that adjusts spells, but i did note there are several tweaks to how IP works or can be countered, perhaps they are causing the issue?
    Post edited by Borek on
  • BrightL1ghtsBrightL1ghts Member Posts: 53
    Seems like something on your side man, i'm on 2.5 with scs v.31 and description is fine.
    I did not adjust anything regarding Insect Plague in the mod. Sorry. Very strange indeed.
    I've read alot on the forums that some spells may be corrupted with the new patch 2.5. I suppose that it might be the same problem here, somehow. Hmm… Worked very well before the new patch actually. I don't like this at all.
    Hmm, strange indeed...If you imported a save from BG1/SoD then sometimes it can cause problems if you do not reset the voice set, BG2 voice sets are different than some of the BG1/SOD sets and i have had them cause some very strange scripting issues until changed via the Custom menu in game.

Other than that all i can guess is that the SCS install borked something, try uninstalling the game (keep your saves) and re-installing with a freshly DL'd SCS. It took me several attempts before i managed to get all my mods working correctly.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @MWO What version of SCS did you use?
    I used SCS v.30

Is there a newer version out there somewhere? Perhaps v.30 isn't compatible with the new patch?
    I just checked mine and yes, there's a V.31 available, it must be a pretty new release
    Where can I find SCS v.31 then? Perhaps that will help. Thanks in advance!
    Good question, could only see V30 when i checked just now on the site, seems my EE-Modsetup tool found a V31. I will attach the one it D/L'd for me, i'm Win7 64 bit, hopefully it'll work for you.
    Thank you! I'll try that one out next week or so when I've the time.

Regards.
    I have now tried @Borek newer version of SCS, which works perfectly! Thank you!

One question though: I reinstalled the whole game and then installed this v.31 SCS, but do I need to install a new game for it to work? I mean with the AI-improvements etc.

Have a good weekend!
    MWO said:

I have now tried @Borek newer version of SCS, which works perfectly! Thank you!

One question though: I reinstalled the whole game and then installed this v.31 SCS, but do I need to install a new game for it to work? I mean with the AI-improvements etc.

Have a good weekend!

In my experience whenever you redo mods, particularly ones like SCS, then you do need to reinstall the base game 1st. It's fine to keep your old saves, at least i have not had any issues using old saves after a reinstall.
    Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry for my bad vocabulary last night - I was so tired.