Skip to content

Greetings

Wonderful to see that there is still a community around these classics. I played and modded a ton of Neverwinter Nights and had a great time doing it, I was "Festivus" on the old Neverwinter Connections site.

I am supporting Beamdog in their effort to keep the games alive, thank you guys for that and keep it up! Perhaps someday we will see some original titles for you to show off, who knows!

Anyhow, this is a hello from a voice in the past that is looking forward to playing these classics again,

Journey onward...

Comments

• ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 427
    enjoy the journey and welcome to the forums! :)
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    Greetings, friend! Isn't it a grand time to be a NwN fan? :smiley:
  • Garvin77Garvin77 Member Posts: 52
    Welcome to the fora (correct Latin neutral-plural ;))! I always buy directly from Beamdog, for two major reasons: 1.) DRM-free! 2.) Better developer support and earlier access to betas and full-releases!

It would be awesome if Beamdog could make, say, Baldur's Gate 3 or Planescape: Torment 2, or even a whole new game entirely!

I, myself, first experienced true-to-form D&D gameplay through Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (I'm only 22); it's still the only of the great D&D PC classics from the late '90s/early 2000s I've played so far, as I'm also a big fan of The Elder Scrolls and several less-well-known games, including Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Two Worlds, amongst many others; I mention this because these games have been taking up the majority of my time with my new gaming PC that I got in December of last year (2017), and I just haven't felt like playing these Enhanced Editions again, but I still love them very dearly, as they are among the absolute best games I have ever played in my entire life. I'm motivated to play by great stories; games with fast-paced action may satisfy for a time, but games with intricately woven, deeply emotional stories will last through the ages, as is clearly evident through great works such as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment.
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay, your welcoming cookie should arrive shortly. @Nimran
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    *spits out :cookie: like a 3D printer*
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    Welcome! I hope to see you on the server sometime soon!
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    Welcome you are! This is the best forums for our old classic games you will ever find! I must say I enjoy the good spirit there is in this forums community. Friendly and polite :)