Skip to content

Best tactics for dealing with spiders?

I'm wondering what ideas people here have for the best way(s) to deal with spiders? I'm clearing the spider cave in the Dead Man's Pass map, and those webs are annoying. I'm sure I can get through it regardless, but I've noticed spider webs tend to give me more difficulty than most other battles, so I'm thinking there might be some tricks I could use to make it easier to deal with them.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    You could use an invisible thief to disarm all the traps. Alternatively throw fireballs around from a distance. Alternatively put free action on a tank and have everyone else use spells/missiles in support from well behind.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited September 2018
    Very high AC on the frontcharacter and potions of antidote in the quickslot. When soloing I do exactly what @Grond0 says above, meta attach from outside their view and then kite/attack. Some summons can be good, IIRC skeletons are immune to the poison effect.

Oddly enough I encountered that they could attack even when I popped the wraith form spell (which should make you immune to <+1 weapons, tried it with a blade and a FMT), otherwise I would have given that as an advice.

EDIT: Btw, Slow is a ridiculously good spell on all enemies with high APR (ie sword spiders, werewolves etc). It's only level 3 as well so you should have a couple of slots for it. The classic slow/haste combo is seldom wrong.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Haste+SLow is the timestop+Improved alacrity of BG1.