Skip to content

Any way to move along NPC quests?

I read the wiki on the new NPCs for EE. I want to finish their quests, but I don't want to keep them in my party more than I have to (this is a solo run aside from NPC quests). Is there any way I can move things along with their quests so I don't have to drag them through the game? Thanks.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Neera needs to be in the party for a couple ingame days. You can travel from Beregost to FAI a few times to get her to trigger her quest. Once she unlocks a new map area for you, you can safely dump her. SHe will actually appear out of thin air to voice her lines if she isn't in the party for her quest.

With Rasaad, you need to keep him long enough to trigger 3 banters. Its also time based and can be triggered the same way as Neera. Once those three talks have happened, you can drop him until you reach Baldur's Gate. The next step of his quest won't trigger until the Docks area at night.

Once you go with Dorn to find Kryll, you can also drop him until Baldur's Gate. His quest will finish on the other side of the bridge leading into the city.
    lost1
  • KnellerKneller Member Posts: 438
    Thanks! This will come in handy.
    ThacoBell
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    actually you need to be level 4 for neera's quest to start.
    Dordledumlost1
  • MalbethMalbeth Member Posts: 27
    If you are otherwise going solo, I suggest doing your NPC quests just before finishing Chapter 5. This puts you at a decent level while also giving you access to most locations. The NPC quests have barriers based on the NPC level, so being higher level they will either have more experience to join you or at least you can carry them for some hunting if you need to level them up for the quests.
    lost1
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243

That explains a lot. Doing a ftr/thf/mage run, and levelling is slow.

Are you sure? Everything I've seen suggests a timer. I always spawn Adoy's refuge, then leave neera before hittinh the nashkel mines. There is no way my multiclasses hit level 4 by then.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the last two times her quest started for me it was when my charname hit level 4.
    Can confirm that Neera's quest will start immediately after reaching lvl 4.

Also have Rasaad with me, but his quest won't start for me, and the Dorn cutscene hasn't happened for me yet either. Do they have lvl prerequisites as well?
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    No, they are on timers only AFAIK. I am a not a patient man, so I usually save, enter Eekeeper, edit the timer in the global variances, save, exit and load the new save. The next step in their banter pops up immediately. Then do it again for ie Rasaad who requires several talks. Didn't know about Neera and level 4, but maybe I've just always been level 4 before I did this.

the last two times her quest started for me it was when my charname hit level 4.

I've got a level 2 charname with her now. Will test.
    Ok, got both Dorn and Rasad's to trigger, but both are quite area dependent and easy to miss. Finished Dorn's quest , which was quite obvious once started.

Rasaad's is a bit vague. I killed the three monks and found the letter, but then what? I just googled it and I read that I have to look for a guy in the Blade and Stars, but odd that the game didn't give me any hint whatsoever.
    @Dordledum Either the note or Rasaad (after picking up the note) gives the hint on where to go.
    edited September 2018
    The note did not say where to go and Rasaad didn't speak after the battle. I guess that was a bug, because Google says that Rasaad points you to the Blade & Stars.
    Dordledum said:

The note did not say where to go and Rasaad didn't speak after the battle. I guess that was a bug, because Google says that Rasaad points you to the Blade & Stars.

Did you read the note in your inventory and then drop it on the ground without unpausing? Rasaad's dialogue will only trigger while the note is in your inventory and the game is unpaused.
    edited September 2018
    I think I gave the note to Rasaad actually. Doesn't really matter, I know where to go next now.

Edit: just checked and nevermind my brainfart. It's clearly in the note.
    Post edited by Dordledum on
    Finished all three,

Rasaad's was by far my favorite quest. Love the new Cloud Peak Area!

Dorn's had probably the best loot, too bad no new area.

Neera's was quite fun as well, tough final battle, but I don't like how she mouths you off after helping her. The B@#$%!
    Skatan
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I spawn these quests for three very simple reasons:
    Dordledum said:

Finished all three,

Rasaad's was by far my favorite quest. Love the new Cloud Peak Area!

Dorn's had probably the best loot, too bad no new area.

Neera's was quite fun as well, tough final battle, but I don't like how she mouths you off after helping her. The B@#$%!

1: Belt with 19 STR (and 6 INT, love to put this on Kagain who's a smart-ass.)
    2: Elven chainmail for my bard
    3: Stoneskin scroll for a mage NPC of choice

"'cause I'm loot-rocker, yes I am"
    Skatan said:

I spawn these quests for three very simple reasons:

1: Belt with 19 STR (and 6 INT, love to put this on Kagain who's a smart-ass.)

"'cause I'm loot-rocker, yes I am"

I put the belt on Yeslick, Int 7 or Int 6 doesn't make much of a difference.