Skip to content

Toolset not previewing music

AnatidaAnatida Member Posts: 6
Since the last update I can not get the area music to play in the toolset (It was working fine before). I'm asking for some insight to make sure it isn't something on my end.

Previously in the toolset I could look at area properties/audio and be able to hear the ambient music selected under the "Music, Night" list, as well as battle music. Now neither of them will play.

I can hear the ambient and placed sounds just fine. I can hear the ambient music ingame.

I have toggled "Play Ambient Music" ad nauseam.

I have checked the options and made sure that Ambient Music Volume in the toolset is turned all the way up.

I have tried copying the .bmu files from the Beamdog Library into the Documents/Neverwinter Nights/Music folder...

I have opened the other modules that came with the game to make sure it wasn't something in my specific module. I had the same results with the Contest of Champions MOD.

I just can't seem to make the music play without being in game.

Thanks for any insight or suggestions!
Grizzled_Dwarflord

Comments

• Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    I'm getting the same thing. This should be reported on Redmine.
    Did this get reported?
  • shmity72shmity72 Member Posts: 46
    Bug #38065
    come on guys you can fix it!
  • Wall3tWall3t Member Posts: 90
    It looks like this is a fairly new thing, as I'm getting this issue too. I loaded it up through the steam app and it does not allw me to preview the music, perhaps it is a steam issue?
    No, it's a toolset issue. I don't use Steam
  • FoghopperFoghopper Member Posts: 4
    still in effect, I only downloaded and started using EE a few days ago and have this issue too.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Looks like it may be fixed in the new dev patch 8180 (only just downloaded it). See Trello.

TR
    Foghopper
  • Pixel_MayhemPixel_Mayhem Member Posts: 61
    Was working in the 8180 dev patch for a while. But now it's stopped previewing the music again. I don't get why but there you have it.
  • Was working in the 8180 dev patch for a while. But now it's stopped previewing the music again. I don't get why but there you have it.

Make sure to report that on Redmine while it's still in Development patch.
    TarotRedhand
    Started working again as intended today, but then stopped again. Haven't figured out what's causing it yet but seems to be eratic at this point. I'll play with it more see if I can track down what actually causes it to stop previewing the music.

Not sure I know what Redmine is although is that bug report site? If so will get on it otherwise... :/
    I might be speaking too soon, but.... 8181 update seems to have fixed the audio issue. Least for me anyway :smiley:
    Update: beamdog has not fixed the issue. It plays initially, but if you change the track, it stops playing the preview altogether. To mitigate it, you have to close area properties, turn off Preview Music, and then turn it back on again.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    I do not have this problem. Music continues to play the new track I select without having to close area properties, turn off preview music, or have to turn it back on again.
    I 've gone ahead and reported it here.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    I followed the exact instructions you provided and cannot duplicate this in my version of 8181.
    Yeah, I can't seem to reproduce it now, either. Very strange.
  • CrusismCrusism Member Posts: 6
    This still hasn't been fixed yet. (-_-)'
  • xypherxypher Member Posts: 10
    This bug is still here. Can't preview music. (plays for like a second than quits)
  • gpeddinogpeddino Member Posts: 50
    I'm on Mac and using the Toolset via Wine. I know it's not supported but since the last update, the toolset crashes completely when I press "Play ambient sound in area". That had never happened before.