Skip to content

[TOOL][BETA] Infinity Roller (v0.05)

OlderThan13YearsOlderThan13Years Member Posts: 79
edited April 2023 in General Modding

Description:

Infinity Roller is another program for automatic initial attribute rolling similar to Freche's "EE Autoroller". It's at an
early development stage so it may contain a lot of bugs.

Features:

• Automatic rolling and saving of initial attributes.
  • Exceptional strength settable.
  • Detailed statistics of all rolls.
  • Game window can run in the background / no mouse capturing (experimental, buggy feature)

Planned Features:

• Multi-instance rolling (several game instances).
  • Automatic character creation.
  • Automatic address and offset calculation.

Support:

• Baldur's Gate - The Original Saga
  • Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
  • Baldur's Gate II
  • Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition
  • Icewind Dale
  • Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition

Short Instruction:

1. Start Infinity_Roller.exe (Infinite roller requires administrator rights if the game was started with admin rights!!!)
  2. Enter the correct address and offset (see the list bellow) or use "Try automatic selection of address and offset".
  3. Press "Start" and follow the instructions.
  4. Press and hold the key "x" to stop rolling.

Address and Offset List (Last update 23.06.2016, 6:50 a.m.)

Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition - v2.0.62.2 (Tested with Gog version)
Address: 0x925DAC
Offset: 0x644

Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition - v2.3.67.2 (Tested with Steam version)
Address: 0x929E6C

Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition - v2.3.67.2 (Tested with Steam version)
Address: 0x929DFC

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition - v1.4.0 (Tested with Steam version)
Address: 0xA96E44
Offset: 0x614

Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition - v2.3.67.3 (Tested with Steam version)
Address: 0x929E6C

Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition - v2.3.67.3 (Tested with Steam version)
Address: 0x929DFC

Downloads:

GUI:

Disclaimer:

I take no responsibility for the use of this software.

Sorry for my awful english...
Post edited by OlderThan13Years on
StummvonBordwehr

Comments

• OlderThan13YearsOlderThan13Years Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2016

Update 0.04 (06.07.2016)

• fixed minimal exceptional strength bug
    • added 'Use stored button positions' checkbox. Click on recall, store and reroll should not be necessary if this option is active (windowed mode only).
    • added file that contains button positions ('interface_data.txt') (contains data for 'Use stored button positions')
    • added file that contains addresses and offsets ('address_list.txt') (contains data for 'try automatic selection of address an offset')
    • added ram scanner (which is slow and poorly implemented but it should make the tool compatible to all version of baldur's gate 1 + 2 and icewind dale)
    • various small bug fixes

Second Update: (Update 0.03)

• Removed console window
    • Stop key "x" is more responsive now
    • Added support for "Baldur's Gate - The Orignal Saga - v1.3.5521"
    • Added automatic address and offset selection
    • Added update when pressing "x"
    • Added various checks (is game window open etc.)

First Update (Update 0.02):

• Background rolling fixed and improved
    • GUI label fixed
    • Plot update intervall changed
    Post edited by OlderThan13Years on
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    Interesting. I'll have to try this out since the other Autoroller doesn't work for me.
    edited June 2016
    Strange. Freche's Tool is still working for me. Did you try to start the script "as adminstrator"?
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    To be honest, I'm not sure. I don't think I have the files any more so I'd have to redownload it and check.
    But I wasn't the only person having a problem with it finding the values according the thread.
  • Darigaaz87Darigaaz87 Member Posts: 135
    Is this project still updated somewhere else? Or is there something similar updated more frequently?
    edited September 2018
    No, there are better methods available now.

My recommendations:
    I don't know if there's a Baldur's Gate II Autoroller.
    edited July 2021
    I am going to release an update soon... However, I wonder if people still need/use external autorollers.
    Timbo0o0o0
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited July 2021
    Is it EET compatible? If not, may we get that?

Thankee!
    edited July 2021
    Endarire wrote: »
    Is it EET compatible? If not, may we get that?

Thankee!

I don't know yet. The automatic address selection needs an update. Once this works, the tool should be compatible with all infinity engine based games that have the same categories of attributes (str, dex, con, int, wis, cha).
  • SkarySkary Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2021
    Great work, I prefer the Original Saga, and I didn't think there would be any chance of an autoroller for it.

It seems like it has a couple of problems when I use it with GoG's BG1 though:

1 - For a non-exceptional strength character (elven mage), it doesn't seem to use the correct strength value (the totals are wrong and recall brings back all the stats except strength)

2 - After a few tries the recall doesn't bring back anything like the displayed best roll

3 - It stops at 20 million rolls even without a maximum set, but I assume that is intentional

Is there a change to the address/offset values I can manually make that will help with any of these?

Thanks so much for your tool!

OlderThan13Years
    edited July 2021
    Skary wrote: »
    Great work, I prefer the Original Saga, and I didn't think there would be any chance of an autoroller for it.

It seems like it has a couple of problems when I use it with GoG's BG1 though:

1 - For a non-exceptional strength character (elven mage), it doesn't seem to use the correct strength value (the totals are wrong and recall brings back all the stats except strength)

2 - After a few tries the recall doesn't bring back anything like the displayed best roll

This does not seem to be the case for me, so having some additional information would be helpful.
    1. Did you use the "try automatic selection of address and offset" setting?
    2. Did you use the "Use background rolling" setting?
    3. What did you set for the delay and what's the frame rate of the game?
    4. What does the "Valid Rolls" text box say when the issues occur?

Maybe your delay setting is too low. You should try to get about 99.5% valid rolls or higher. The Maximum Frame Rate defined in the baldur.ini determines the smallest possible delay. If you have "Maximum Frame Rate=60" you could use a delay of about 16500 microseconds. The 'rolls per second' displayed below the delay text box should be slightly lower than the frame rate.

BTW. I recommend to have Baldur's Gate in window mode when using the autoroller (because that's my setup which doesn't seem to produce these bugs...).

3 - It stops at 20 million rolls even without a maximum set, but I assume that is intentional

That's one of the reasons why I am working on an update.

This does not seem to be the case for me, so having some additional information would be helpful.
    1. Did you use the "try automatic selection of address and offset" setting?
    2. Did you use the "Use background rolling" setting?
    3. What did you set for the delay and what's the frame rate of the game?
    4. What does the "Valid Rolls" text box say when the issues occur?

Maybe your delay setting is too low. You should try to get about 99.5% valid rolls or higher. The Maximum Frame Rate defined in the baldur.ini determines the smallest possible delay. If you have "Maximum Frame Rate=60" you could use a delay of about 16500 microseconds. The 'rolls per second' displayed below the delay text box should be slightly lower than the frame rate.

BTW. I recommend to have Baldur's Gate in window mode when using the autoroller (because that's my setup which doesn't seem to produce these bugs...).

That's one of the reasons why I am working on an update.

Thanks, increasing the delay definitely helped.

I had been using 1 µs mostly, and tried 100, 200 and 400 but I hadn't tried higher yet.

At 1 µs, I was getting 99.2% valid.

1) The Try automatic selection of address and offset button is checked but I think it has failed every time so far, so the memory scan has method has always been what created the initial Address and Offset.

2) I tried background rolling once but it didn't seem to be doing anything at all.

3) 1, 100, 200, 400 µs were what I was trying, with 60 fps for the game. Since then I have tried 8000 and 4000 µs and 60fps without any problems.

4) Valid rolls were around 99.2% before and with 4000 µs I am at to 99.89%

I have been using windowed mode for all of these (also, I am in Windows 7, which I probably should have mentioned first)

Thanks for the troubleshooting!
    I am surprised that 4000 µs still produce 99.8% valid rolls. ^^ Anyway thank you for the feedback! That will help me.
  • roastpotatoesroastpotatoes Member Posts: 2
    Hello! What is the offset for original saga? Doesnt seem to be automatically detecting the address or offset correctly.
  • kbkkbk Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I would also like to know how to make this work for the original saga? Trying to use it with the GOG version and it keeps saying "game window not found"...
    kbk wrote: »
    Hi! I would also like to know how to make this work for the original saga? Trying to use it with the GOG version and it keeps saying "game window not found"...

I had that problem in Windows 10 until I ran it as Administrator
  • VerticorVerticor Member Posts: 119
    Baldur's Gate - The Original Saga - v1.3.5521 is supposedly supported. I run that unmodded and it consistently refuses to recognise my version. I have to do the Intelligence scan every time.
    edited April 2023
    The autoroller has been update. Hope that fixes a few issues.

Update 0.05
    - Added text box for address range. This allow to set the range for the scanned memory. For some reason IWD EE needs a wider address range (0x1fffffff) than other games (0x0fffffff). Increasing this value may help to prevent failed intelligence scans but will also slow down scanning.
    - Added some hint text to the GUI
    - Improve layout of the GUI
    - Fixed bug where program stops rolling after a few million rolls
    - Removed console window