Skip to content

Dorn is stuck in Dialogue Mode

henzhenz Member Posts: 3
Version: BG1 EE via Steam

What is the problem: Gorn is permanently stuck in Dialogue Mode (specifically, initiate)

How to Reproduce: Remove Gorn from party. Travel to Friendly Arm Inn, he will repeatedly continue to ask to rejoin party.

Does adding him back to the party help? No. Then the "cannot perform while in Dialogue Mode" message is displayed.

Does problem persist without Gorn: No. It appears to be unique to Gorn

When did this first occur: Earlier today BG EE crashed. Then it updated via the patcher. After the patch application, Gorn has been stuck in this state.

Do other saved games have the same issue? Yes - the situation is unique to Gorn, some flag in his state is toggled (or wrongfully null?) and any saved game appears to refer to this state (from an engineering perspective - this makes sense but hey? why not store NPC states on the main character? Why not not wipe dialogue state when npc is disbanded from character, character rejoining party could re-init? Why not add a validation check to state? just thinking out loud )

thanks in advance - i guess i need to find a new party member for now

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Does the following consome command help:
    C:SetGlobal("kryll_conv","GLOBAL",2)
    ?
  • henzhenz Member Posts: 3
    Yuuusssss. Super thanks!
  • henzhenz Member Posts: 3
    hmmm so this had unintended consequences - the Gorn quest line is now complete in my journal but i have not yet faced Simmeon. What a disappointment.
  • Death_mtlDeath_mtl Member Posts: 18
    This happened to me as well after the 2.5 patch. he kept trying to initiate dialogue with my main char. To the point it was nearly impossible to move across the map. kicked him out and went to FAI to see if he would rejoin. his rejoin/remove dialogue gets stuck in a loop there. stole his gear and had to CLUA out of there. I guess ill go get Shar Teel now for my evil party 2nd tank....
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Death_mtl said:

This happened to me as well after the 2.5 patch. he kept trying to initiate dialogue with my main char. To the point it was nearly impossible to move across the map. kicked him out and went to FAI to see if he would rejoin. his rejoin/remove dialogue gets stuck in a loop there. stole his gear and had to CLUA out of there. I guess ill go get Shar Teel now for my evil party 2nd tank....

the following consome command:
    C:SetGlobal("kryll_conv","GLOBAL",2)

If you use this command, the issue will be fixed.