Skip to content

Where in the world is Saemon San Diego?

Well, me and the gang slugged our way through Spellhold and emerged out back in Brynnlaw. We got the horn from Lady Whazzername, but Saemon never showed up at Desharik's ship. Nothing I do seems to draw him out.

Now, I did kill the Pirate Lord before going off to Spellhold, so I am wondering is whether I may have broken the script. The Pirate Lord can't show up and object to our taking his ship, because, well ... dead, you know.

If this is in fact the case, is there any way to rectify the situation?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    What version are you on? At one point there was a bug that prevented him from appearing.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited September 2018
    There was a bug where if you rushed through Brynnlaw and didn't do the Ginia(?) mini quest then Saemon doesn't appear at the docks and you are left with no choice but to go back to Spellhold and straight to the Underdark - I'll see if I can dig up the thread about it.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/37918/11155-saemon-havarian-should-appear-next-to-the-pirate-ship-after-leaving-the-vulgar-monkey-inn
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    edited September 2018
    Well, the thing is I DID do the mini quest before heading out to Spellhold. I talked to her again after returning to Brynnlaw, but all she says is thanks for the help. So, that's not the problem.

Also, this is my second time going through SoA, and I had no problem the first run through. I strongly suspect that killing the Pirate Lord way too early in the scenario has bollixed up the script. Any console commands that can force him to re-spawn?
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

I've killed the pirate lord before going to Spellhold beforenow and all that happens is another pirate lord turns up.

But the bug @dunbar refers to is,
    you must talk to Ginia before killing the man she needs killing.

Been caught out with that, it's a bad bit of design because it's more than possible to meet him first before you even see Ginia.

So doesn't matter if you have done the quest, you must have talked to Ginia first.
    gorgonzola
    Well, heck. I may well have whacked the guy first. Was he the one that the idiot courtesan told me had a symbol that would get me into the Festhall? (It didn't work!).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Zip and attach your save at support.baldursgate.com, and our QA will fix it for you.
    I resolved the problem by just reloading and this time NOT killing the pirate lord. That semed to do the trick. Moral: Never kill important NPCs just because you can.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @FrdNwsm heh, that show was so tight back in the day when i was a kid :)