Playable Clara and All Things Mazzy:
Friendship, romance, NPC conversations and more.
Written, edited, & coded by BCaesar and Ratatoskr.
First version posted on these forums: 1.027, posted on March 27, 2017.
Latest update: Version 2.00. July 26, 2020.
Download location: This thread! (The mod is attached to this post).
Available Languages: English, Russian
Welcome to AllThingsMazzy. This mod is primarily an expansion for Mazzy Fentan, which includes new interjections, NPC banters, expanded quest options, a friendship, and a romance among other things. It also includes a playable Clara option that splits off from the Hexxat quest.
We are releasing the mod in parts rather than trying to write and edit everything before coding so that there will be something playable if we ever disappear (instead of a grand idea ending up in the mod graveyard with so many others). And if we ever go AWOL for more than a year, this is up for grabs. Take it and run with it. Additionally, if you want to use part of this mod just ask us, the answer is probably yes.
The Mazzy romance & friendship portion of AllThingsMazzy is now complete, though we have some extra content we will be adding over time.
**Version 1.090 has a Russian translation courtesy of p_zombie325.
See the spoiler section below for details of everything that's in our mod so far. AllThingsMazzy is getting large enough that the cut seemed necessary.
Part 1: Main Mod
A: Mazzy Friendship/Romance:
- Mazzy Initiated Friendship Talks at set times/locations during the game (SOA & TOB)
- Mazzy Romance: Quest to start the romance in SOA (starts after the Underdark) & TOB
- Some romance talks at set times during the game
- Additional talks with Mazzy's family.
- TOB wraith scene and friendship/romance epilogues.
- Recurring Mazzy friendship/romance talks where you can choose the topic. (SOA & TOB)
- 3 TOB talks that do not require the friendship or romance.
B: Playable Clara: (Also in TOB)
- Exactly what it sounds like. We have reworked the end of the Hexxat intro quest so that you can kill Hexxat to keep Clara.
- You do not need Mazzy in your party to trigger this option. Just murder Hexxat in Dragomir's tomb and make sure you pick up her sack afterward.
- She can be summoned in TOB as well and has a variety of epilogues.
- Clara banters/talks with Anomen, Aerie, Cernd, Minsc, Imoen, Jan, Mazzy, Dorn, Korgan, Nalia, Keldorn, Valygar, HaerDalis, Edwin, Yoshimo, Viconia, Hexxat (TOB), and Sarevok (many of these change her stats/abilities so Clara will be slightly different depending on your party)
- An additional intricate scene if you kick her out of your party while at war with the shadow thieves, particularly if you have active romances.
- If you don't romance Anomen, Clara will do it for you. However, she has her own agenda and the romance goes down a very different path once he takes his test. Both SOA and TOB content.
C. Darkside Anomen:
- An alternate ending the CN romance if he fails his test. Now you can help him with Cor without losing him forever. This includes new TOB epilogues and a minor SOA quest.
- Fix to assign Anomen appropriate sound files if he fails his test
- Anomen no longer objects to Dorn's first quest after he fails his test. This helps you actually keep him in an evil party. Includes some extra lines/CN options as well.
- A talk at the beginning of TOB that lets you choose his past.
D. Interjections, comments and reactions:
-Interjections and reactions by Mazzy, Clara, and other party members throughout the game. Most are from Clara and Mazzy.
E. Imoen and Mazzy
- A series of friendship/romance talks that will play if you take Mazzy to Spellhold. Several alternate talks depending on who CHARNAME decides to romance.
- Includes 1 talk between Imoen and Viconia
- Talk sequence will continue/start in TOB if not already done
F. Korgan and Mazzy conversations: 5 total (1 is an existing BG2 ToB conversation that was modified and moved. Parts of this series also play in TOB)
- The first conversation takes place 10 days after both are in your party.
- the 2nd when you rest in an inn after both the 1st conversation and their normal in-game banter have occurred.
- The 3rd when they're both in your party and able to talk again.
- The 4th conversation takes place several days after that. After this, he won't leave at high rep.
- There is also a stand-alone conversation in the docks if you talk to any of the commoner women there.
G. Jan and Mazzy conversations: 1 total. (Also in TOB)
- Takes place 3 days after both are in your party, upon rest in a dungeon or outside.
H. Viconia and Mazzy:
- Mazzy comments and reacts when Viconia is at the stake.
- An entire series of friendship talks. About 18 additional conversations in all.
- A few additional talks if you are romancing either one of them.
- 3 additional TOB only talks where Mazzy attempts to redeem Viconia
I. Expanded Maevar Quest
- Both the Talos and Lathander Temples figure out that you stole from them for Mae'Var and you have the option of returning the necklace and statuette later.
- This triggers whether you have Mazzy or not, and will hopefully stop breaking the game now.
J. Edwin & Mazzy conversations: 6 total (Also in TOB)
- They all trigger after the first Mazzy/Edwin banter as game time passes. Two will only play if you have an active Edwin romance.
- Additions to the Maevar quest sequence with Edwin as well. Should be compatible with alternatives.
K. Jaheira & Mazzy: 2 conversations (Also in TOB)
- Another two conversations may play if you romance one or the other.
L. Keldorn & Mazzy: 3 conversations (SOA & TOB)
-He will also sponsor her to join the Order of the Radiant Heart. This spans most of the game.
M. Mazzy & Valygar: 4 talks building off their in-game banters
- 2 are TOB only
N. Viconia & Aerie: 5 conversations (SOA & TOB)
O. Edwin & Aerie: 1 conversations (SOA & TOB)
P. Other Content:
- Two short quests with the harlots at the Docks. Talk to a harlot w/ Mazzy in your party.
- A fix in the Underdark so drow bands won't attack while you're disguised
- A bugfix in the Copper Coronet so that you can actually get into the back with Lehtinan's permission. This allows you to side with the slavers or lie to infiltrate their operations.
- Bugfix for Minsc actually rejoining your party after being charmed by Irenicus' dryads.
- Additional drow massage options in Ust Natha
- Fix for Anomen romance if you break it by accident.
Part 2: For the Evil
- Additional mod options that may be offputting to some good players. We write our evil characters as fairly awful people in the main mod and this explores them more in depth. However, this is actually less disruptive than Hostile Mazzy to a normal game and we quite like how most of it turned out.
- These additions have nothing to do with Mazzy so you do not need to install them if you are only here for her or Clara.
A. Korgan/Hexxat Friendship (SOA only)
- A series of 7 banters that trigger if you keep both NPCs in your party, leading to an odd and somewhat creepy friendship. Several talks will only trigger on rests outside, so try mixing things up if they haven't talked in a while.
B. Sarevok/Viconia (TOB only)
- A series of about 5 romance talks following from their canon banters. The first will only trigger on rests in the pocket plane so keep that in mind.
- Another romance talk if CN was romancing Viconia.
C. Viconia/Hexxat - 4 conversations (SOA & TOB)
D. Bodhi NPC (TOB only)
- Banters with Korgan, Clara, and Edwin
- 2 Bodhi-Hexxat Talks
E. Miscellaneous Evil Options
- An evil player option w/ the dryads in Irenicus' dungeon.
- Minor evil options w/ Tiiro & Auvala, and Am Si.
- Additional courtesan options in the Bridge District & Brynnlaw
- A more evil option with the dryad in the Windspear Hills
- More immediate evil option with Adalon in Underdark
3: For the Good
- Additional mod options that might be annoying for a truly evil party. With these, Mazzy and other party members will no longer sit idly by while you do horrible things. This makes things more consistent with other good characters' reactions and we recommend installing it for the full Mazzy experience. However, if you plan to be evil and want Mazzy anyway, you should probably skip this part.
A. Hostile Mazzy: (Also in TOB)
- Mazzy now correctly attacks you if your reputation gets too low (it was coded but seemed to be bugged).
- Other characters now choose sides (or stay out of it) if Mazzy and Player 1 fight. Every character should talk so if a canon one doesn't, it's a bug.
- None of the options in CDTweaks to keep your NPCs from leaving will stop this from triggering. This is coded differently than the canon ones.
- Mazzy will also attack if you do anything too evil during certain quests
B. Hexxat/Mazzy conflict (both SOA & TOB).
- This includes a conflict both when you first get Hexxat involving most of your good characters and a Mazzy specific conflict if they are both in your party later. (If the conversation ends with Mazzy taking a couple people vampire hunting, try letting things play out).
C. Additional Mazzy Interjections
This mod should be generally compatible with all other mods and EET. We have tried (and will continue to try) to make it as compatible as possible with a heavily modded game, but we cannot promise that everything will mesh thematically. However, we've tried to account for the following mods (meaning that our rest scenes don't trigger on the same rest, and we use their triggers for additional options. e.g. Imoen might have different reactions depending on whether she and player 1 are in an active romance):
Friendships/Banters: Mazzy Friendship, Viconia Friendship, the IEP Banter Project (as of March 25th, 2017)
NPC Romances: De'Arnise Romance, Edwin Romance, Haer'Dalis Romance, Imoen Romance, Keldorn Romance, Sarevok Romance, and the Yoshimo Romance.
Miscellaneous Mods: Alternatives, Quest Pack
A couple notes about the friendship/romance:
While some talks will trigger at specific points, this friendship/romance is primarily nonlinear. You can choose what you talk about and as long as you're not a total asshole or super evil, Mazzy will be your friend. You cannot break the friendship otherwise, though you can ask her to stop talking to you, and her tolerance for jokes will increase over time. There is a sense of humor beneath that stern exterior. If you break the friendship by accident, you will have one chance to get it back. For the romance, there are no restrictions on race, gender, or class. As long as your charisma doesn't suck and you aren't illiterate, you will have a chance (male halflings will have the easiest time and non-halfling thieves the hardest, but 12 CHA is the highest stat requirement). However, the romance will not start until Chapter 6 in SOA.
Romancing others will not stop you from romancing Mazzy, though for most romances, you will have to make a choice if you are already committed. It will be very clear when that moment comes and she generally won't care if you commit to another romance afterwards. Once the romance is active, you will have additional choices for your talks and depending on your choices, it can get semi-explicit. We don't have sex scenes per se but Mazzy is happy to discuss such things as frankly as you wish. The romance can be activated in TOB and an active romance can be continued without issue.Installation:
When you install this mod, you shouldn't need to restart your game. The triggers are structured to work whenever the mod is installed and check for existing situations (rather than adding unique triggers to in-game events). You should be able to do some conversations, kick Mazzy out of your party, delete the mod, play half the game, get Mazzy back in your party, reinstall the mod, and have it pick up right where it left off. (This is becoming less true as our mod increases in size, but you should still be mostly okay as long as you don't have Clara in your party).
However, when reinstalling a newer version you should still uninstall the older version, delete the folder, and then put in the folder containing the later version of All Things Mazzy.
This thread is primarily for questions, bug-reporting, and for telling us that we're horrible people who have ruined Baldur's Gate II and thus your life. We also welcome dialogue suggestions (either changes, additions or typos).