Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Mod: All Things Mazzy Version 2.00 - Complete Mazzy Romance, Friendship and Keepable Clara

RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 468
edited July 31 in BGII:EE Mods
Playable Clara and All Things Mazzy: Friendship, romance, NPC conversations and more.

Written, edited, & coded by BCaesar and Ratatoskr.
First version posted on these forums: 1.027, posted on March 27, 2017.
Latest update: Version 2.00. July 26, 2020.
Download location: This thread! (The mod is attached to this post).
Available Languages: English, Russian

Welcome to AllThingsMazzy. This mod is primarily an expansion for Mazzy Fentan, which includes new interjections, NPC banters, expanded quest options, a friendship, and a romance among other things. It also includes a playable Clara option that splits off from the Hexxat quest.

We are releasing the mod in parts rather than trying to write and edit everything before coding so that there will be something playable if we ever disappear (instead of a grand idea ending up in the mod graveyard with so many others). And if we ever go AWOL for more than a year, this is up for grabs. Take it and run with it. Additionally, if you want to use part of this mod just ask us, the answer is probably yes.

The Mazzy romance & friendship portion of AllThingsMazzy is now complete, though we have some extra content we will be adding over time.

**Version 1.090 has a Russian translation courtesy of p_zombie325.

See the spoiler section below for details of everything that's in our mod so far. AllThingsMazzy is getting large enough that the cut seemed necessary.

Mod Sections:

Part 1: Main Mod

A: Mazzy Friendship/Romance:
- Mazzy Initiated Friendship Talks at set times/locations during the game (SOA & TOB)
- Mazzy Romance: Quest to start the romance in SOA (starts after the Underdark) & TOB
- Some romance talks at set times during the game
- Additional talks with Mazzy's family.
- TOB wraith scene and friendship/romance epilogues.
- Recurring Mazzy friendship/romance talks where you can choose the topic. (SOA & TOB)
- 3 TOB talks that do not require the friendship or romance.

B: Playable Clara: (Also in TOB)
- Exactly what it sounds like. We have reworked the end of the Hexxat intro quest so that you can kill Hexxat to keep Clara.
- You do not need Mazzy in your party to trigger this option. Just murder Hexxat in Dragomir's tomb and make sure you pick up her sack afterward.
- She can be summoned in TOB as well and has a variety of epilogues.
- Clara banters/talks with Anomen, Aerie, Cernd, Minsc, Imoen, Jan, Mazzy, Dorn, Korgan, Nalia, Keldorn, Valygar, HaerDalis, Edwin, Yoshimo, Viconia, Hexxat (TOB), and Sarevok (many of these change her stats/abilities so Clara will be slightly different depending on your party)
- An additional intricate scene if you kick her out of your party while at war with the shadow thieves, particularly if you have active romances.
- If you don't romance Anomen, Clara will do it for you. However, she has her own agenda and the romance goes down a very different path once he takes his test. Both SOA and TOB content.

C. Darkside Anomen:
- An alternate ending the CN romance if he fails his test. Now you can help him with Cor without losing him forever. This includes new TOB epilogues and a minor SOA quest.
- Fix to assign Anomen appropriate sound files if he fails his test
- Anomen no longer objects to Dorn's first quest after he fails his test. This helps you actually keep him in an evil party. Includes some extra lines/CN options as well.
- A talk at the beginning of TOB that lets you choose his past.

D. Interjections, comments and reactions:
-Interjections and reactions by Mazzy, Clara, and other party members throughout the game. Most are from Clara and Mazzy.

E. Imoen and Mazzy
- A series of friendship/romance talks that will play if you take Mazzy to Spellhold. Several alternate talks depending on who CHARNAME decides to romance.
- Includes 1 talk between Imoen and Viconia
- Talk sequence will continue/start in TOB if not already done

F. Korgan and Mazzy conversations: 5 total (1 is an existing BG2 ToB conversation that was modified and moved. Parts of this series also play in TOB)
- The first conversation takes place 10 days after both are in your party.
- the 2nd when you rest in an inn after both the 1st conversation and their normal in-game banter have occurred.
- The 3rd when they're both in your party and able to talk again.
- The 4th conversation takes place several days after that. After this, he won't leave at high rep.
- There is also a stand-alone conversation in the docks if you talk to any of the commoner women there.

G. Jan and Mazzy conversations: 1 total. (Also in TOB)
- Takes place 3 days after both are in your party, upon rest in a dungeon or outside.

H. Viconia and Mazzy:
- Mazzy comments and reacts when Viconia is at the stake.
- An entire series of friendship talks. About 18 additional conversations in all.
- A few additional talks if you are romancing either one of them.
- 3 additional TOB only talks where Mazzy attempts to redeem Viconia

I. Expanded Maevar Quest
- Both the Talos and Lathander Temples figure out that you stole from them for Mae'Var and you have the option of returning the necklace and statuette later.
- This triggers whether you have Mazzy or not, and will hopefully stop breaking the game now.

J. Edwin & Mazzy conversations: 6 total (Also in TOB)
- They all trigger after the first Mazzy/Edwin banter as game time passes. Two will only play if you have an active Edwin romance.
- Additions to the Maevar quest sequence with Edwin as well. Should be compatible with alternatives.

K. Jaheira & Mazzy: 2 conversations (Also in TOB)
- Another two conversations may play if you romance one or the other.

L. Keldorn & Mazzy: 3 conversations (SOA & TOB)
-He will also sponsor her to join the Order of the Radiant Heart. This spans most of the game.

M. Mazzy & Valygar: 4 talks building off their in-game banters
- 2 are TOB only

N. Viconia & Aerie: 5 conversations (SOA & TOB)

O. Edwin & Aerie: 1 conversations (SOA & TOB)

P. Other Content:
- Two short quests with the harlots at the Docks. Talk to a harlot w/ Mazzy in your party.
- A fix in the Underdark so drow bands won't attack while you're disguised
- A bugfix in the Copper Coronet so that you can actually get into the back with Lehtinan's permission. This allows you to side with the slavers or lie to infiltrate their operations.
- Bugfix for Minsc actually rejoining your party after being charmed by Irenicus' dryads.
- Additional drow massage options in Ust Natha
- Fix for Anomen romance if you break it by accident.

Part 2: For the Evil

- Additional mod options that may be offputting to some good players. We write our evil characters as fairly awful people in the main mod and this explores them more in depth. However, this is actually less disruptive than Hostile Mazzy to a normal game and we quite like how most of it turned out.
- These additions have nothing to do with Mazzy so you do not need to install them if you are only here for her or Clara.

A. Korgan/Hexxat Friendship (SOA only)
- A series of 7 banters that trigger if you keep both NPCs in your party, leading to an odd and somewhat creepy friendship. Several talks will only trigger on rests outside, so try mixing things up if they haven't talked in a while.

B. Sarevok/Viconia (TOB only)
- A series of about 5 romance talks following from their canon banters. The first will only trigger on rests in the pocket plane so keep that in mind.
- Another romance talk if CN was romancing Viconia.

C. Viconia/Hexxat - 4 conversations (SOA & TOB)

D. Bodhi NPC (TOB only)
- Banters with Korgan, Clara, and Edwin
- 2 Bodhi-Hexxat Talks
- Interjections

E. Miscellaneous Evil Options
- An evil player option w/ the dryads in Irenicus' dungeon.
- Minor evil options w/ Tiiro & Auvala, and Am Si.
- Additional courtesan options in the Bridge District & Brynnlaw
- A more evil option with the dryad in the Windspear Hills
- More immediate evil option with Adalon in Underdark

3: For the Good

- Additional mod options that might be annoying for a truly evil party. With these, Mazzy and other party members will no longer sit idly by while you do horrible things. This makes things more consistent with other good characters' reactions and we recommend installing it for the full Mazzy experience. However, if you plan to be evil and want Mazzy anyway, you should probably skip this part.

A. Hostile Mazzy: (Also in TOB)
- Mazzy now correctly attacks you if your reputation gets too low (it was coded but seemed to be bugged).
- Other characters now choose sides (or stay out of it) if Mazzy and Player 1 fight. Every character should talk so if a canon one doesn't, it's a bug.
- None of the options in CDTweaks to keep your NPCs from leaving will stop this from triggering. This is coded differently than the canon ones.
- Mazzy will also attack if you do anything too evil during certain quests

B. Hexxat/Mazzy conflict (both SOA & TOB).
- This includes a conflict both when you first get Hexxat involving most of your good characters and a Mazzy specific conflict if they are both in your party later. (If the conversation ends with Mazzy taking a couple people vampire hunting, try letting things play out).

C. Additional Mazzy Interjections

Compatibility:

This mod should be generally compatible with all other mods and EET. We have tried (and will continue to try) to make it as compatible as possible with a heavily modded game, but we cannot promise that everything will mesh thematically. However, we've tried to account for the following mods (meaning that our rest scenes don't trigger on the same rest, and we use their triggers for additional options. e.g. Imoen might have different reactions depending on whether she and player 1 are in an active romance):

Friendships/Banters: Mazzy Friendship, Viconia Friendship, the IEP Banter Project (as of March 25th, 2017)
NPC Romances: De'Arnise Romance, Edwin Romance, Haer'Dalis Romance, Imoen Romance, Keldorn Romance, Sarevok Romance, and the Yoshimo Romance.
Miscellaneous Mods: Alternatives, Quest Pack

A couple notes about the friendship/romance:

While some talks will trigger at specific points, this friendship/romance is primarily nonlinear. You can choose what you talk about and as long as you're not a total asshole or super evil, Mazzy will be your friend. You cannot break the friendship otherwise, though you can ask her to stop talking to you, and her tolerance for jokes will increase over time. There is a sense of humor beneath that stern exterior. If you break the friendship by accident, you will have one chance to get it back. For the romance, there are no restrictions on race, gender, or class. As long as your charisma doesn't suck and you aren't illiterate, you will have a chance (male halflings will have the easiest time and non-halfling thieves the hardest, but 12 CHA is the highest stat requirement). However, the romance will not start until Chapter 6 in SOA.

Romancing others will not stop you from romancing Mazzy, though for most romances, you will have to make a choice if you are already committed. It will be very clear when that moment comes and she generally won't care if you commit to another romance afterwards. Once the romance is active, you will have additional choices for your talks and depending on your choices, it can get semi-explicit. We don't have sex scenes per se but Mazzy is happy to discuss such things as frankly as you wish. The romance can be activated in TOB and an active romance can be continued without issue.

Installation:

When you install this mod, you shouldn't need to restart your game. The triggers are structured to work whenever the mod is installed and check for existing situations (rather than adding unique triggers to in-game events). You should be able to do some conversations, kick Mazzy out of your party, delete the mod, play half the game, get Mazzy back in your party, reinstall the mod, and have it pick up right where it left off. (This is becoming less true as our mod increases in size, but you should still be mostly okay as long as you don't have Clara in your party).

However, when reinstalling a newer version you should still uninstall the older version, delete the folder, and then put in the folder containing the later version of All Things Mazzy.

This thread is primarily for questions, bug-reporting, and for telling us that we're horrible people who have ruined Baldur's Gate II and thus your life. We also welcome dialogue suggestions (either changes, additions or typos).

Thank you.

Post edited by Ratatoskr on
RaduzielThacoBelllefreutCaszidyGusindaMirandelIakusGrammarsaladTimbo0o0o0BlackravenlolienTorgrimmerZaghoulFina92PsicoVicAndreaColomboIseweintimothyfarleyAaemforeverilduderino

Comments

• RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 279
    Congratulations on your release! Does Clara have interjections already or is it just additional writing for mazzy only?

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,716
    I love this community.

Great job!

ThacoBelllefreutCaszidyFina92
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 11,061
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 468
    RVNS said:

Congratulations on your release! Does Clara have interjections already or is it just additional writing for mazzy only?

We wrote her interjections in a few other scenes as part of our mod. She also has a fairly complicated set of dialogues when you first get her, though they're not currently compatible with the bard stronghold quest. We plan to fix that and add more interjections/dialogues as we go.

Honestly, the additional writing for Mazzy includes most of the other NPCs as well. They have unique interjections in our added scenes and sometimes Mazzy isn't even required. She's just the main focus/drive of the mod. Even Clara started as the realization that Mazzy's reactions in the Hexxat quest make no freaking sense.

ThacoBellCaszidy
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,716
    Do you guys have any plans to give her a boost on some stat? I've noticed that she's below the average from thieves in BG2EE (not counting Hexxat).

• BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 231
    edited July 2018
    Raduziel said:

Do you guys have any plans to give her a boost on some stat? I've noticed that she's below the average from thieves in BG2EE (not counting Hexxat).

We could. I can't remember what stats I used for her when I first coded her (probably just the same as Beamdog gave her). Though come to think of it one of the strange things about BG2 is the complete lack of normal thieves. Nalia and Imoen are basically mages who have thief abilities, Yoshimo is story-specific, and Jan is multi-class (again as a mage). That was why the EE added Hexxat in the first place. Though Hexxat also gets various vampire specific abilities, so we could give Clara something else to make up for those.

So yes, now that the idea is in my head we'll see if we can think up an excuse for some quest, item, or other nonsense to boost her up. We did want her to start pretty ordinary though since she is, but we also want her to be a viable addition to your party, since every character you get is one other character you can't get (opportunity cost and all that).

Post edited by BCaesar on
    ThacoBellRaduzielMirandel
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 231
    Oh and Ratatoskr swears she fixed that bug I created where you do the priest stronghold quest to kill the Talos priestess and then Talos zaps your whole party. I haven't tested it as I don't have a good cleric character save.

ThacoBell
    It's fixed in my game, but my game is admittedly a total mess due to the number of installed mods so if anyone does have issues, just let me know. My game is great for testing compatibility but I sometimes lose track of the Canon variables.

Oh and you can still get Clara as a bard. Just don't kick her out of your party once you get the stronghold. I need to write some extra code for that.

ThacoBellCaszidy
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member Posts: 233
    Sorry for my dumb question, but I am little bit lost/confused - does this version of the mod contain Mazzy romance, or not yet? o:)

Not yet. That part is still in progress. I'm coding this in the order we finish writing the different sections so the romance may be a while.

Caszidy
  • ckoeckoe Member Posts: 26
    Would this mod work with EET ? It is not mentioned in the compatibility list.

ckoe said:

Would this mod work with EET ? It is not mentioned in the compatibility list.

The next version should be compatible with EET, assuming I didn't screw up any of the coding. I can't test it because I don't have EET myself, but I've tried to put that in.

OK, great to hear that ! I will keep an eye in this mod then. Thank you !

Iakus
    No ETA on the next version yet, but it is still in the works. I have too many projects that I'm trying to get done.

ThacoBellCaszidyIakus
    I'll have a new version up as soon as I figure out why my Tob dream scripts are refusing to trigger.

Which, honestly, could be a while since I have no idea what's gone wrong.

ThacoBellCaszidy
    My heart fluttered there.

edited October 2018
    This next update is mostly cleanup and some streamlining/tob stuff, though there is some new talking as well.

I could probably post it without the tob scripts if I had to but we're going to need them for the romance when we get there so I'd rather figure them out now. I'll also need them for some of the other conversations we have planned.

ThacoBell
    edited October 2018
    New version posted. As I stated before, this is primarily streamlining and cleanup, hopefully the next version will have more content. However, I did add a few more banters/interjections and adapted a number of things for TOB. Including Clara, though she doesn't have an epilogue yet or much of any dialogue.

@ckoe If I did the coding right, the current version will be compatible with EET. However, I don't actually use EET myself so if you're willing to test it, I'd be grateful.

And as always, please let me know if you have any issues. I haven't actually updated my game in a while since that's a pain with all my mods, but I'm hoping they haven't done anything too drastic recently.

Also, finally, great thanks to argent77 over in general modding questions. Without them I'd probably still be trying to figure out why my scripts were wrong. And I owe a great deal of code to the Branwen mod as well.

CaszidyThacoBell
    Hello @Ratatoskr ,

thank you very much for releasing this. I was planning to do a complete new EET installation after 2.5 was released for a too long time now and this is a good reason to actually do it. If I can figure out how to integrate this mod into the install I will try to test it and report back.

Sounds great. I would suggest throwing this on towards the end, after any major quest and area mods but before any tweaks.

This will also be a good chance to test that it works on 2.5 since I forgot to check for game updates last time I did a mod reset ;-)

Hello @Ratatoskr ,

so I just started with actually doing something :-) Up to now I can report that on a clean 2.5 GOG version the first two mod components install without problems and I did not try to install the third ("Only for testers") one. So far so good.

I am still in the component selection process with BWS, so nothing remotely concerning EET compatibility from my side yet.

Best Regards

ThacoBell
    @ckoe Glad to hear it. Especially since my computer died on me and once I get everything reinstalled and set up again, I'll be coding on version 2.5 as well.

So yeah, general announcement, but it may be a while before I can start coding again. Mazzy and all our word files are thankfully backed up but I still have to get all the right programs and my mods on the new computer.

ThacoBell
    Hello,

I am really sorry to hear that and I hope your backup is good (knocks on wood). On the other hand, apparently a 2.6 is expected this year according to the Beamdog livestreams. I hope that will not break too many things.

Best Regards

I'd be surprised if 2.6 broke anything. Its a smaller scale patch than 2.5

edited November 2018
    @ckoe Thanks. I'm actually not too worried about the backup. I'm pretty sure mine works and I know my brother has the word files. If all else fails, I'll just pull Mazzy off this thread :-). It's reinstalling all my mods that will be the most annoying thing.

As for 2.6, that's good to know but I doubt it will cause any issues like Thacobell said. Even if it ends up being a larger update, this mod is 90% dialogue, which makes things a lot more forgiving then the kit or spell mods tend to be.

CaszidyThacoBell
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,527
    Ratatoskr said:

We are releasing the mod in parts rather than trying to write and edit everything before coding so that there will be something playable if we ever disappear (instead of a grand idea ending up in the mod graveyard with so many others). And if we ever go AWOL for more than a year, this is up for grabs. Take it and run with it. Additionally, if you want to use part of this mod just ask us, the answer is probably yes.

I like everything about this

ThacoBellRatatoskr
    *Keeps a watchful eye out for the Mazzy mod curse*

Don't worry, we may be slow, but we're determined :-)

That said, I could easily see us adding things to this mod forever, even once the romance and other major points are done, so I'm not sure it will ever be officially complete.

ThacoBellCaszidy
  • zelazkozelazko Member Posts: 9
    Any one runs this mod fine without issues for BG2:SoA/BG2:ToB?

@zelazko I have pre- 2.5 and pre latest mod patch. Unless something new broke, you shouldbe fine. I haven't been able to reach BG2 yet because of other glitches and some new mod bugs in 2.5.