Skip to content

Environmental Audio Effects: what does it do?

So, according to the Toolset guide, the setting

"Environmental Audio Effects: The effects of this setting are unclear. The sounds of the
environment properties of the area do not seem to be affected in any way by this audio
setting, although the performance of these audio effects may be related to the sound card
and audio settings of the player."

doesn't do anything specific. I wonder, after all these years, do we finally get to know what it does?

Comments

• Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Any help, @Dee , please?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited September 2018
    Environmental Audio Effects are in Area Sound Properties (Mine sounds, cave sounds, town, city etc.), and changed the sound effect a player would hear in those areas if their sound chip supported EAX which no longer exists in the enhanced edition.

Dee is no longer with Beamdog.

Environmental Audio Effects are in Area Sound Properties (Mine sounds, cave sounds, town, city etc.), and changed the sound effect a player would hear in those areas if their sound chip supported EAX which no longer exists in the enhanced edition.

Dee is no longer with Beamdog.

Thank you for both.
    So basically the value should be left blank? or beamdog could delete the entire thing?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited September 2018
    EAX has been removed from the Sound Options panel, so there is nothing left to do at this point. All sounds are just normal now, although the new 2d - 3d slider may mimic what EAX was able to do. Someone from beamdog may know better.

EAX has been removed from the Sound Options panel, so there is nothing left to do at this point. All sounds are just normal now, although the new 2d - 3d slider may mimic what EAX was able to do. Someone from beamdog may know better.

who has remained from beamdog?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    What question exactly do you have? It can be passed for the livestream.

What question exactly do you have? It can be passed for the livestream.

I think it's more like a bug report no? since the option isn't doing anything and won't do anything anytime soon, shouldn't it be deleted or greyed out?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Ok, let's start with a bug report. Please create one at support.baldursgate.com. :)

Ok, let's start with a bug report. Please create one at support.baldursgate.com. :)

Done that - was also trying to avoid inconveniencing you directly, I already do that too much lol
    I noticed I never got an answer to this.
  • ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    There are rumors that they plan to re-implement those audio effects. Or maybe I'm just being hopeful. The sound effects were awesome beyond most modern games in the original game.