Skip to content

Quick question concerning 'happy party' mod

I installed this mod via the modmanager bws but after an admitedly only brief search I didnt find a list that details what exactly this mod does.

Right now im playing a chaotic good character and I want Korgan, Edwin, Viconia, Keldorn and Jaheira in my part.

Does the happy mod prevent e.g. viconia and keldorn from fighting or does it only prevent anybody from leaving because of reputation.

Thx for any insight. I wouldnt even try and install a different mod if this one doesnt address the possible fighting and killing each other part. I just started and could still change party composition. Well, you could change it later too I guess.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The Tweaks Anthology by @CamDawg, among other things, has two different components:

Happy Patch
    &
    NPCs Don't Fight

While the Happy Patch is only addressing the issue of NPCs leaving the party, the second component is exactly what you're looking for, @warwizard - "At certain points, stock BG/BG2 characters will get fed up with another and start fights, only ending when one or more of them are dead. This component will simply prevent the fights from starting."
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    i have it, or something that does the same, in my original game.
    i find amusing having viconia and keldorn in the same party, look at what happens every time she uses turn undead :D
    and this shows also how the vanilla behavior if you keep them both in the party is completely not realistic, or it is so as she levels up enough. an inquisitor is the casters bane, but has no chance against an evil cleric, the evil clerics is the only thing that make an inquisitor tremble with fear and fill the lower part of his complete suit of armor with poop!
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it just means if you get a high reputation evil npcs won't leave. however it does not effect some mods isra for example still leaves if you have a low rep even if your using the happy patch.