Skip to content

No reward for Drow Runaways quest

Blue_ThreeBlue_Three Member Posts: 28
At the Underground River, I located the two Drow runaway lovers (after having Shapur ask me to find them), told them to flee and got their insignia. Showing these to Shapur and telling her that the two are dead, she responds saying I did as much as I could, then leaves with her party.

According to some online walkthroughs, I should be getting a halberd and 6,000 EXP, but I get neither (only the cloak from Therli). In addition, the journal still shows the quest as active.

What did I miss?

Edit: Went to the Ogre bandit camp and the two (Kaelet and Umar) are there. Dialogue was fine, but it didn't result in any EXP and the quest is still open as well (last entry: "I should bring these badges to Shapur").
Post edited by Blue_Three on

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Did you find Shapur first, or the runaways? I don't remember the combination, but depending on who you talk to first, and which dialogue options you take, this scenario will happen. The downside of SoD's more complex quest trees, is that sometimes you can screw yourself over. I've had similar situations with Khalid at Bridgefort.
  • Blue_ThreeBlue_Three Member Posts: 28
    I did find Shapur first. I had her tell me I should look for the two kids; only met them afterwards. Checking a Let's Play, it looks like there's a "How much is it worth to you/what'll I get for this" option, so it's possible you only get a reward if you actually ask for it beforehand. Then again... not getting any EXP at all?

In the end I just killed the Drow (took a few tries), but the quest isn't going "finished" either way. Oh well...
    Possibly, SoD's quest rewards aren't always binary. As for the journal thing, what version are you playing on? It was supposedly fixed for version 2.5.
    Nope, I'm on the newest version. Started the game on it too.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Please report at support.baldursgate.com for investigation. Zip and attach your save there as a new report.
    edited October 2018
    Okay, correction:

Fighting the Drow group turned out to be pretty difficult and I ended up attacking and killing them from further away, without telling them that I found the two lovers/giving the insignia.

Would that be reason for the quest to not resolve?

Okay, correction:

Fighting the Drow group turned out to be pretty difficult and I ended up attacking and killing them from further away, without telling them that I found the two lovers/giving the insignia.

Would that be reason for the quest to not resolve?

Possibly.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yes.