Skip to content

Big Mods and Quest Mods for EET

As the title says I'm wondering what big mods and quest mods that are compatible with EET are really top notch.

I'm particularly interested in mods with really tough battles, and since I'm planning on playing both a 6-man thief party and a 6-man mage party I'm interested in mods that have items that benefit those classes. Vanilla BG2EE really doesn't have enough good items for parties that focus on one particular class group.

I also would like mods that give really good XP as I'm planning to dual class very late with some characters in both playthroughs.

In that regard I'm also looking for mods that make the base game tougher by adding more enemies and better enemies. By better enemies i mean something like switching out some trolls for spirit trolls or giant trolls, or switching some skeletons out with skeleton warriors for example. Need this both because I need xp for the dual class characters, but also because I need to increase the difficulty of the game so as not to become overpowered.

Noticed people on this forum are very helpful so I'm hoping for many good suggestions :)

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/72809/mods-for-thief-party
    here you can find the suggestions you need :)

by the way i believe that opening multiple treads about the same topic is against the forum rules, but the moderators, not me, are in charge about having forum rules respected.
    what i am sure about is that opening more than one tread only create confusion, redundancy and make the people, as they notice it, less willing to help you.
  • CashondeliveriCashondeliveri Member Posts: 10

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/72809/mods-for-thief-party
    here you can find the suggestions you need :)

by the way i believe that opening multiple treads about the same topic is against the forum rules, but the moderators, not me, are in charge about having forum rules respected.
    what i am sure about is that opening more than one tread only create confusion, redundancy and make the people, as they notice it, less willing to help you.

Sorry that you feel that way, but to me it doesn't seem like the same topic. In the first thread there i asked for mods that specifically enhanced the game experience when playing thieves, while in this thread i'm asking for big mods. By that i meant mods that add lots of new areas, quests, items and such if i was unclear (Big World Setup call those big mods, that's where i got it from). And other mods that add quests, encounters and items. In other words mods that i plan on using in several playthroughs, and not only with the thief party.

I'll admit there was some overlap as in both threads i asked for mods that makes the game more difficult tho.

In case the people that frequent this forum and the moderators disagree with me, I'll apologize and try to be more careful in this regard in the future.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited October 2018
    not completely true

Two chars that i would like to play are Cleric25/Thief Dual and Shadowdancer or other thief kit: Thief28/Mage Dual, but that would require a mod that removes the experience cap as well as mods that give more xp through more quests and/or more/tougher enemies to fight, and probably mods that increase difficulty (in a way that stays within 2nd edition rules preferably) so that i wouldn't become overpowered. Wouldn't mind some suggestions on this as well :)

i already gave some suggestions on mods that add quests and rise the difficulty on the other tread cause you asked there about. shall i copy and paste here? got my point now?
    what is true is that the 6 mages run is something you tell us about only here, but maybe it should have been better to open a tread dedicated to it, or at least post on your other tread something like "i just opened a new tread about new quests so please give your suggestions there. at now probably some people will post here and other ones there, it will be more difficult for you to make an informed choice and for people that read it can be even worst as they can not even be aware that 2 different threads by the same OP are there and partially overlapping.

i don't feel that you have done something really wrong, no need to apologize at all, is only that dealing with each topic in a dedicated thread instead of overlapping makes things easier for who read, who is willing to participate and in the end also for the OP himself :).
  • CashondeliveriCashondeliveri Member Posts: 10
    point taken :)