Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    The Tashia portrait is really good. I saw somebody used it as an avatar, earlier, so I'd seen it already. As for the tattooed faces, I think it's a BioWare thing - it showed up with the Dalish in DA, too.
    Awong124
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    @Syntia13 thank you for linking me to those! Yes I have both of those Deviant Art pictures in my favorites, they are both really good options. That Imoen picture could be used for BG1, although she still looks really grim. >_> Anyways if you don't want to waste time on Imoen I totally understand, after all you're doing all of this on your own time for free! :-)
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    Well, finally! Why wouldn't the board show the picture linked from DevArt, I have no idea. I did link from that page before!
    Wow, only now looking at the assorted Imoens I noticed that I forgot to clean her hair ties and they got 'dyed' together with hair. Oh well. I'm not going back to fix that. If it bothers anyone, they can recolor the ties themselves. ;)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

The Tashia portrait is really good. I saw somebody used it as an avatar, earlier, so I'd seen it already. As for the tattooed faces, I think it's a BioWare thing - it showed up with the Dalish in DA, too.

I agree. It's not that the girl is particularly pretty, but there's just something about that portrait that I find incredibly attractive.
    And another one 'pick your favorite color' picture, just for kicks:
    GrandeCAkerhonreedmilfamSeaJey
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    edited October 2012
    @Syntia13 Since you said further requests are OK, found this early portrait for Keldorn:
    Despite the bad quality (this is the best I could find), think you can work on it to re-size it, color it (make him grey-eyed please), give him pointy ears and get rid of the blind eye & goatee (although I wouldn't mind seeing him both with and without)?
    Syntia13 said:

And another one 'pick your favorite color' picture, just for kicks:

Everybody has opinions, of course, but I really like this Jaheira. It only gives me a LIKE button and not a "I really like this and you nailed it" button. Thanks @Syntia13
    Syntia13
    For those of you wanting a different BG2 Imoen look, check out
    chickenhedGrandeC
  • DuronDuron Member Posts: 133
    Heh now that one with a smile and red hair would look good.
    booinyoureyes
    edited October 2012
    @Syntia13 Imoen looks great! I love the expression! Um but... do you think...you could put the hair from the Imoen Koson just put up on her? That hair is seriously awesome.
    @Koson Oh brother, I think you're greatly overestimating mah drawing skills! I'll see what I can do, but... uh... don't expect a miracle, 'kay? :) It will take some time, as this promises to be tricky, and I want to finish few other projects first.

@reedmilfam *beams* *beams so hard the lamp switches off* Thanks, man, I very glad to hear that. :):):)

@EpitomyofShyness
    All right Imoen, I can scrape up some more coin so you can go to a hairdresser... again... but that's the last time this week, young lady! ;D
    MornmagorGrandeCbooinyoureyes
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Syntia13 said:

@Koson Oh brother, I think you're greatly overestimating mah drawing skills! I'll see what I can do, but... uh... don't expect a miracle, 'kay? :) It will take some time, as this promises to be tricky, and I want to finish few other projects first.

@reedmilfam *beams* *beams so hard the lamp switches off* Thanks, man, I very glad to hear that. :):):)

@EpitomyofShyness
    All right Imoen, I can scrape up some more coin so you can go to a hairdresser... again... but that's the last time this week, young lady! ;D

I don't know, Imoen looks kind of manly in that one.
    @Awong124 ....manly? Dear boy, I am the person who thinks that girdle of gender change is the best thing ever, and toys with idea of gender-bending portraits of all NPCs. Do not provoke me if you value your sanity. }:D
    MoomintrollAwong124
    @Syntia13 Sorry, I know my request is a difficult and time-consuming task to put it mildly, but well, if you can pull it off would be great. If you can't, no problem, I did ask you to make a new portrait starting almost from scratch.
    Until then, think it would be easier / doable to have another go at the pointy-eared Balthazar portrait, give him young Keldorn's haircut (and maybe also the scar with and without the bad eye, even though this means actually making three portraits, not just one) and have him in heavy armor?
    I'll make it. It will be a stick figure, 'cause I have no skills... Probably better waiting for Syntia13...
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Syntia13 I would actually like to see your take on Edwina. :)
    I think Xana / Xzarya would be just as interesting ;).
    And Dynaheir / Safana in a male version have a lot of potential too.
    Jalily
    I'd still like to see BG 2 Jaheira with curly hair from her ears down without the little tails. :) But I can uderstand that it ain't easy to do such a change. With Vico my favorite romance, I bloody hated when they kill Vico if you romance her.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Jaheira
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Koson In fact, I want to see them all...but that is way too much work to ask of Syntia. :)
    @Syntia13 I don't know about anyone else but the most recent pic of Imoen you've made is perfect for me! As is the one of Jaheira I requested. Thank you so much!
    edited October 2012
    Hey guys!
    *yawns*
    ...pardon me. It's getting late and I've been chipping away at the below picture for a few hours now.

@Koson and @Jalily - *blinks* You actually want to see gender-bent NPCs? You mean I'm not alone? AWWWW! *hugs* XD
    @Duron - Have patience, it's on my list. :)
    @EpitomyofShyness - Glad to hear it, have fun with it! :)

Ajantis - main thing that bugged me about the original was that he had the sun in his face, and at the same time there was a back-lit forest behind him. How? Why? *stares plaintively in the distance*
    I removed his helmet - not only it had a strange and impractical design, it was also a few numbers too small. I mean, how did he fit his ears under that? (And I wanted to play with his blond hair. Can you blame me?) The gauntlets looked painted on his forearms too, so there were widened a little. Color of cloak changed mainly because the original green was barely visible against the grass.

Post edited by Syntia13 on
    MoomintrollStradlin
    edited October 2012
    Fuck! Now that is pretty much what I wanted to see. Need to get that avatar sized so I can put it in game both BG 1 and BG 2 as her new portrait.

Bloody hell... think I'm in love with her all over again :)

When we are at that one, can you cut those pictures (right duo) into avatar sized so that we can replace in-game avatars with those.
    Heh, seeing this portrait for Jaheira and having the one above for Imoen + the one Syntia was kind enough to modify for my h-e caster and reading the Anomen/Haer'Dalis thread make me want to reinstall BG2 and have another go through it, recreating my original playthrough -> h-e conjurer, Imoen, Viconia (romance), Jaheira, Anomen, Haer-Dalis (replaced with Sarevok in ToB).
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Combination of MINSC and HAER'DALIS:

Kind of strange, but still I like it for an elven fighta'
    Huzzah!
    KirkorGrandeCSeaJey
    Because it is the face of Minsc that the Ladies Love. Right, Boo?
    edited November 2012
    @Duron - scale to 170x110 and 06x38, with color depth decreased to 24 bit - they should work with vanilla game. (I do so hope BG:EE will support higher resolutions and color depths!)
    http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Syntia13/Baldur s Gate stuff/Jaheira1L.jpg
    http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Syntia13/Baldur s Gate stuff/Jaheira1S.jpg
    http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Syntia13/Baldur s Gate stuff/Jaheira2L.jpg
    http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Syntia13/Baldur s Gate stuff/Jaheira2S.jpg
    ... dang it, the Photobucked converted them into JPGs! They are supposed to be BMPs. I'm afraid you'll have to convert them back yourself, and hope that all the transformations didn't kill what quality they had. :(

@Koson - go for it! An impulse to play BG is not one to be ignored! ;D
    @Przemkas - hey, that's pretty! Did you make it?
    @Reedmilfam - Squeek! no, Minsc, it's the way you go all nurturing and protective around children that the Ladies LOVE. Squeek! ;)

Okay guys, so now is time for a mini project of mine: repainting one guy's face over and over to make him look like representative of each of playable race, and trying to match my beloved Baldur's Gate 2 style.

Specimen number one - an elf. From the character creator screen: Elves tend to be somewhat shorter and slimmer than normal humans. Their features are finely chiseled and delicate, and they speak in melodic tones. Not much to go by, so I went with the 'look' of elvish NPCs in BG2. He's blond because... come on. Legolas and Zevran. Do I need to say more? Unlike in all previous pictures, I drew the hair from scratch, and I'm very proud of it. (I know it's not perfect. I'm proud anyway :P ). The armor I stole... from another game... >_>

Specimen number three - a halfelf. From the character creator screen: Half-elves are usually much like their elven parent in appearance. They are handsome folk, with the good features of both races.
    Again, not much to go with. I decided that the best of elvish features are a slim nose and slanted eyes, and from human - a wide jaw. Brown hair in dreadlocks because... why not? the shirt is hand painted, the armor once again stolen from... some other game.

Now you may be thinking, hey Syntia, you forgot about specimen number two! But I haven't forgotten. I just wanted to put the elf and the halfelf in the same post, since they might be related and would feel lonely without each other. (They might! You never know!) The guy number two is a dwarf. I'll post him here tomorrow, 'cuz I want to know what you think of those two first.
    Post edited by Syntia13 on
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Syntia13 said:

@Przemkas - hey, that's pretty! Did you make it?

Naturally... Not! That portrait was found in the depths of the internet some long time ago. I like it, because I have this thing for elves, especially if they are arrogant sly singers of the blade... and that one does the trick. But your work - on the other hand - really looks impressive! Did I mention my thing for the elves? Great job and oby tak dalej ;]

BTW, here's another long forgotten anonymous portrait:

DJKajuru
This discussion has been closed.