Skip to content

GOG Galaxy?

Comments

• ActarusActarus Member Posts: 78
    Is a September release still a possibility?
  • zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 207
    edited October 2019
    Post edited by zordren3742 on
    Radnon
    I ask them after the stream on Twitter, and they have a release candidate. If it pass QA, they just need to coordinate with GOG for the release. If not Monday probably this week, I hope.
  • zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 207
    edited October 2019
    Post edited by zordren3742 on
    Actarus
    Thanks for the update. So we go to a release date to in a release in a couple of weeks... Well let's be patient.
  • bladeshriekbladeshriek Member Posts: 16
    I'm very supportive of NWN:EE and think this is a wise path for Beamdog to go on. There's significant opportunity for them in this genre, both in growth and reputation.

But holding off on GOG for so long seems like a tactical error. Right now Diamond Edition on GOG is 60% off. Every user who buys this game on Diamond haphazardly is a user that will inevitably either leave a bad review on Steam for EE, or tell their friends to avoid the game.

If the intent is for EE to replace Diamond after receiving enough support and user endorsement, then the fact that it's still not on GOG and Diamond is still being marked down (as if it's current) is concerning. If this continues, maybe users who bought Diamond on GOG should have discount access to EE...
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    yeah thats the issue with nwn ee coming to gog. all the gog users are gonna say it's a cash in as you will need to buy the ee now. when nwn ee runs better on modern computers then the version currently on gog and is meant to future proof the future of the game so it will live on in the coming years.
    I'm a GOG user, who participate in their forum, and the more active users are NOT friendly to Beamdog. When the game release I'm sure there will be a lot of bashing, but the majority will buy it and simply be happy with the game.

And judging from past release, people who own the original on GOG always have a small discount.

According to last stream, they have a GOLD candidate to release, but they (GOG & Beamdog) are waitinf after the 10th anniversary.
    megamike15
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    this is why even tho i have a gog account i don't bother going to thier forums. if i even say the ee are overall better tech wise then the originals i will be labeled a beamdog fanboy.
    Faydark
    Yeah I know exactly how you feel. But I, and few others, cheers for Beamdog. And I would pay the game it's full price, it's worth it. Not like crappy mobile game
  • WaitingForLoveWaitingForLove Member Posts: 3
    tbh I just wanted to ensure that I don't have to buy a game again after having it bought already several times. Bought the Diamond Edition and it worked like a charm on my Win10x64. Was able to play the whole story and relive my memories. If Beamdog would have ensured to give me a gog key if bought from their website I would have bought it in an instant. But their lack of communication and not giving a f*ck about potential customers led me to buy the diamond edition at a discount. About 10 bucks and NWN2 complete was included too. It's a shame.
  • MonotremataMonotremata Member Posts: 78
    Actarus said:

I'm a GOG user, who participate in their forum, and the more active users are NOT friendly to Beamdog. When the game release I'm sure there will be a lot of bashing, but the majority will buy it and simply be happy with the game.

And judging from past release, people who own the original on GOG always have a small discount.

Ill probably buy it there when it comes out just because I bought all the rest there. I never got any discount for them but then again my originals are my own DVD/CDs... They gave me yet another copy of the original versions of BG, BGII and IWD when I bought them all as a bundle for like $20 a couple years ago. Bought Planescape for like $5 (and SoD for $6) no free original game though. Us Mac users wont be getting anything with NWN either, the Mac version wont run on an Intel Mac heh. They gave the Diamond Edition away for free to everybody years ago when I first signed up there. I wonder if they'll give a discount because I have that in my library hmmm...
    fetito666
    All my games are on GOG, I bought the Diamond edition there, and I will buy the EE once it's out.

I'm not sure which edition suit my needs, as I am a slow player for those kind of game
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    I'm waiting for the GoG edition as well, transitioning away from Steam as my main point of sale... for reasons I won't go into here.

I'm also hoping that Beamdog does an EE version of NWN2 - because NWN2 from GoG (or any other version) does not work properly on my last two PCs, even with the Client Extender that is supposed to fix the issues I'm seeing. Also, I wasn't able to get some mods running while the Client Extender was enabled either.. so it would be nice to have a stable, updated version of both NWNs that work properly on modern operating systems without needing to resort to arcane arts to get them working.
    Sssiksseilor
    With the sale over, I can hope we will see this game this week.
    edited October 2018
    That would be cool then I could finally complete the set hehe. That sucks about NWN2 on the PC. You cant get it anymore for the Mac, but thank whoever it still works even to this day. Still shows up for me to download in the Apple Store too. Bought it for $.99 when Apple's little distribution dealio was expiring and they were going to be taking it out of the store. :D Fired it up the other day and have no clue what I was doing where I left off in my save game. Probably been 10 years since Ive played it heh.

The thing I dig about GOG is 'future proofing'.. Say Steam goes away one day, there goes my Steam games because of the DRM. Say GOG goes away, no more library, but as long as Ive downloaded my backups I can still play them until the day the OS itself breaks them. Beamdog would've been the same as well, but like I said I got them all on sale and couldn't turn that down.. At least we get installable copies of the games to use later down the road. Who knows what will happen one day in the future when I pull out the old Xbox One to play it and realize half of my library I had is gone because they were all tied to the Microsoft store and I don't have the latest Xbox 10k Hyper Fighting Champion Edition to keep up??
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    You would then type "xbox emulator mac" into google...

TR
    This is great news indeed. The day has finaly come!
    JuliusBorisov
  • dudalbdudalb Member Posts: 7
    Actarus said:

According to last stream, they have a GOLD candidate to release, but they (GOG & Beamdog) are waitinf after the 10th anniversary.

I am not even sure the "more active" GOG forum users are hostile to Beamdog 'but there are a few users who are really,really, over the top in their hatred of Beamdog. They seemed obsessed by it. And "If don't like the product, don't buy it" just does not seem to work with them.
    Beamdog is not above criticism...I disliked their adding new charecters,encounters and quests to their early releases..that goes beyond upgrading and enhancing to rewriting and redesigning...and they should have included an option to turn off the new material. But Beamdog seems to have learned their lesson, and their more recent releases have not included gameplay elements not in the originals.
    I will be purchasing NWN EE when it goes on sale tomorrow,I just hope I can play all the NWN community modules I have without jumping through a lot of hoops.
    You have a point, and I think they learned from this. Just look how IWD and PST came out. Look what they did to NWN.

Me too will be buying tomorrow, replacing the Diamond that replaced the CD that my cousin gave me many years ago
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited October 2018
    Went live a few minutes ago. Saw the twitter announcement as it was posted. Only the base game and not the digital deluxe version so far though.

[correction]
    The DD is there but is not linked to from the page for the ordinary version and the news item about this release was 5 hours ago.

TR
    JuliusBorisov
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Dooooope.

Definitely grabbing the DD when I get home. Kudos!
    JuliusBorisov
    Got the Deluxe version. Price is very good, as I owned the Diamond.
    JuliusBorisov
    Hah theres already one comment on the games page bitching about how its a 'useless remake' and GOG needs to 'stop working with these guys'.. You like the original better? So keep playing it and shut up. You mad GOG replaced it? Tough, nobody guaranteed you would be able to buy NWN even 10 years ago so deal with what you got.
    bladeshriekmegamike15
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    That is the "most helpful" comment...
  • bladeshriekbladeshriek Member Posts: 16
    The GOG forums are a vitriolic cesspool right now. Only enter if you have solid saving throws.
    JuliusBorisovTresset
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks everyone for you support! We're feeling it, and every developer is very grateful!
  • jonesr65jonesr65 Member Posts: 66
    Yah, I'd like to leave some positive/truthful responses over there but I don't want someone to chew my hands off.
    bladeshriekmegamike15
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    edited October 2018
    Can people post negative reviews on gog.com even though they don't even own the game?

If this is true, I'll leave a positive comment.