Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights:EE achievement suggestions

I could not find another thread that aims to bundle/collect ideas for the Neverwinter Nights:EE achievement ideas from the community. So lets share some ideas and hope that they get added.
Here are mine:
1. Trent Lightly - Drop 100 Swords
2. Modula rasa - Use a mod
3. Baldurs Gate - Have a 6 different party members (Including yourself, pets and summons)
4. Baldurs Gate 2 - Kill 7 Dragons
4. Icewind Dale - Make 6 different characters.
5. Planescape Torment/Updated my Journal - Resurrect after dying back at the resurrection circle.

Comments

• gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    I don't have any specific ideas, but I do hope that each of the premium modules gets their own set of achievements too.
    Aron
  • TerrorBladesTerrorBlades Member Posts: 5

I don't have any specific ideas, but I do hope that each of the premium modules gets their own set of achievements too.

Maybe so, their are allot of games that add achievements to DLC's not many but achievements some.
    Their might be some story related once like getting Deekin. Would love that.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    It's kind of pointless for NWN because you create and share your own adventures. Should there be achievements for using the toolset or spending 10000, 20000, and 30000 hours on persistent worlds?

How about an achievement for making a module that gives you all achievements instantly?
    Clisair

It's kind of pointless for NWN because you create and share your own adventures. Should there be achievements for using the toolset or spending 10000, 20000, and 30000 hours on persistent worlds?

How about an achievement for making a module that gives you all achievements instantly?

Well you could probably just make a unique line of code just for the achievement for the campaigns and premium models. That's allot of hours to spend on persistent worlds, like 416 days to get the lowest one there.
    There is always to probability for people to cheat with achievements, its not really something that one can always be protected from. But yeah making stuff should definitely be a achievement its a communal game afterall, I know some games has even achievements for posting stuff on the Steam workshop.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    It's not that long some people have lived on NWN for much longer than that already. I'm just wondering what is an achievement if it's only for casual forms of play, i.e. playing the OC. It might not seem it means anything if the most fanatic players never trigger a single achievement, but I guess that could also be a commentary on the nature of achievements. I think it's fine if players can easily script an auto-achievement mod, it would be somewhat more accurate I guess.
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177

Well you could probably just make a unique line of code just for the achievement for the campaigns and premium models. That's allot of hours to spend on persistent worlds, like 416 days to get the lowest one there.
    Maaaaaan, I better put some coffee on.

It's not that long some people have lived on NWN for much longer than that already. I'm just wondering what is an achievement if it's only for casual forms of play, i.e. playing the OC. It might not seem it means anything if the most fanatic players never trigger a single achievement, but I guess that could also be a commentary on the nature of achievements. I think it's fine if players can easily script an auto-achievement mod, it would be somewhat more accurate I guess.

I think achievements have 3 different philosophies from what I can tell: "Braging rights","Interesting play" and "Road markers"
    Some achievements are meant to give players a hint for finding interesting stuff to do and some are for people who did stuff that one can brag about and some function to show progress.
    Sometimes ofc they combine into stuff like doing every quest in the area at a set difficulty.
    If nothing else when it comes to the auto-achievement mod/sending saves really does not harm anything, if someone wants to cheat them selfs out of a experience then go ahead. And in case someone wants to call some out they can see that a person go all their achievement the same day for example.
    And yes Achievements are not really important except for those moments when you use them for interesting play, in Crusader kings 2 for example they have achievement that allude to historical events and sometimes its about interesting/fun things to do. Something that one can do for Neverwinter Nights aswell:
    "Play as a Paladin or Cleric and clear out all enemies in Helms Hold" - Holy Diver!
    or
    "Defeat the Orc lair as a Half-orc" - Only the good half.
    GM_ODA said:

Maaaaaan, I better put some coffee on.
    Don't worry, I have a pot brewing. Milk, sugar or black?
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    I am excited to read about achievements for NWN:EE. I dont know what the chances are for this to come, if it will come at all? But i hope with all my heart it will come Achievements for at least the original campaign + both expansions. But maybe some for the other official modules aswell?

I have gotten this game, but havent played it hoping achievements will come. For me this gives me great joy with a game. Not to brag or anything, but as a "road mark" kind of thing.

I vote big YES for this to be added at least. I hope i have many who agree with me!
  • KhobarKastKhobarKast Member Posts: 2
    @Aron They already confirmed that they will come, and they also said not too long ago that they are working on them right now!
    -----
    Glad I found this thread, as I did the same thing in the Steam forums, but no one cared, unfortunately. So, here my suggestions from that thread:

1. Creative Appreciation - Finish a fan-made module

As the module building and community aspect is quite important, this would make a lot of people consider playing the non-original content. Of course, me not knowing much about the toolset, I don't know if there are actually the necessary flags already in place. One for identifying it as non-official content (like the OC, the expansions and your sold DLCs) and one flag that says it is finished, clearly.

2. No crutches - Play through the complete original campaign without a companion / henchman

Have never done that before, would motivate a lot of people to delve deeper into the rules, to find something that is able to deal with most difficulties.

3. Karmic Chameleon - During the course of one module, change your alignment from Lawful Good to Chaotic Evil or vice-versa

This would be during SoU or HotU, but I think it is quite a nice idea. Bonus points for someone who starts as a Paladin and makes it through as a fallen Paladin without class-change.

4. Bookworm - Read at least [x amount] of books, scrolls, notes etc. during the course of one module

I don't have a number of readable inventory items in my head for OC and expansions, but it should be reasonable, like 50 or something. Would be just a quick clicking for some people, but might encourage others to actually read about the great lore of Forgotten Realms.

5. "What is the worst combo?" - Finish the original campaign as a Gnomish Bard

Taking a little jab at Critical Role and Scanlan Shorthalt, the achievement title was uttered in a podcast before Sam Riegel picked his class. In the end, being the only arcanist in the group and a very focused player he became more or less the biggest life-saver of the whole group. I know, this is an achievement that is quite meta and specific, but I couldn't resist.

6. Welcome to Dungeons & Dragons - Die from your own fireball

Pretty self-explanatory.
    Aron