Skip to content

[mod] Verr'Sza BG2EE

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
edited March 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
Verr'Sza for BG2 is now available. Note that this is a very eary version and some parts of the mod may need some testing. You are using it on your own responsibility.

ABOUT THE MOD:

The mod brings back Verr'Sza, the rakshasa companion, to Baldur's Gate 2. It's a continuation of Baldur's Gate and Siege of Dragonspear NPC, written by the same author. However the mods was written to allow continuation of the partnership between the Child of Bhaal and Verr'Sza, it is possible to start a brand new relationship with Verr'Sza, instead of continuing BG1 content.

Verr'Sza is an evil malee ranger; a man who's not always much concerned about law of the men. He is practical and follows rules set by himself and his idea of how things should be done. Yet he is also interested in learning. He's not crude. He's not reckless, even though he's not an example of patience, he undestands some matters need different kind of actions and attitude.

Mod includes romance (for both male and female Bhaalspawns), which may differ slightly, depending if you're continuing your romance from BG1 or not. Note he will not start a romance with lawful good characters.

If you continue BG1:SoD romance, expect an additional companion, a character that appeared in the SoD content and who's name I will not provide to avoid spoiler... and to make you discover this yourself. The additiona character is a bard.

Note that due to NPCs attitude and language, content of the mod may be considered explicit. The mods was written with adult players in mind.

Special thanks to people who supported me greatly in this release as well as many others - especially @Artemius_I, SoulF and Vinci.

The mod should be installed before entering AR1201 (the first Windspear part of Firkraag's dungeon) - it's best to install it before starting the whole Windspear quest. Verr'Sza may be joined on the mentioned area. Check it well.

DOWNLOAD LINK
Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
ZaghoulSharGuidesMyHandRaduzielGusindamegamike15ThacoBellmemoryCaszidyMantis37LughChulainnhanhwisooJuliusBorisovKrypplingzAedanMirandelAllanon81

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Thanks for this! Can he be summoned through the Pocket Plane in a ToB-only playthrough?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Yes, but then you'll miss the romance and you won't get the additional NPC that joins if you continue BG1/SoD romance.
    Actually you may let me know how ToB works, because it's been less tested than SoA, hah.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Does this mod require the most recent version of BG2:EE to be installed? I try to install it but I keep getting an error message (I have a version of BG2:EE from before SoD's release installed).
    You mean you have v1.3 or something like that? Well, it won't work then. I use some new actions and triggers and perhaps opcodes that were released later, when IE games got the 2.0+ update.
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    I know in bg:ee he had crossmod banters. Looking over the readme I can't find a list. I would love to assist by testing this mod.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @RVNS

No crossmod at the moment because I’m a lazy bum. It’s on the to do list.
    As you may notice, Verr'BG2 is more than twice as big as BG1 part. It was supper difficult to control everything because of that. It's one of the reasons why I decided to wait with the crossmod talks. It's a 0.1 version so there's still time. Let's first check how the mod behaves without crossmod talks. They will come with time.
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    @Artemius_I Lazy is not what I would say at all. You and @LavaDelVortel Always bring me my favorite mods. Can't wait to give this a go. Should I report any bugs I find here or should I PM you?
    Dunno Perhaps here is fine, but maybe don't report them one by one. Just group them instead so we could avoid like 6 posts in a row from one users, all about bugs :) Group your reports and thoughts :) Thank you! :)
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @LavaDelVortel I’m currently playing Verr’Sza in BG1EE and, first, congratulations. I really like this npc; it’s right up there with Vynd and Isra for me (which are my favorite npc mods). His kit is fun, yet not op. I was wondering if his trap ability would be too much, but it’s not, because you can’t rest-abuse it. Real nice. I also really like your take on Chaotic Evil, because you didn’t write him Chaotic Stupid; he loves his killing, but he’s not reckless about it.

Also, I found a small bug : when I enter the area just south of Beregost, the reputation penalty associated with Verr’Sza disappear; I get my 2 points of rep back. It’s nothing big, because when I save/load, the penalty applies again. It might be because of my install, because I play with lots of mods, but I think I should mention it anyway.

So, for my question... Since I intend to take him in BG2EE and my character is romancing him, I’d like to know more about that other npc that will tag along with us, just to plan my party selection. Also, since I’m a jester myself, I’d like to know what type of bard we’re talking about. If I change that npc to, say, f/m/t, will I break something ?

Anyway, you can pm me or put this stuff in spoiler tag to keep things secret. Thanks a lot !
    Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I need some break as I was pushing myself too much with lots of projects. Anyway, Just reminded myself that I was suppose to answer your questions...

The new character is Phalh - his brother's kid you meet in Siege of Dragonspear if you decide to continue the romance in the DLC. Out there he is just a boy, but in BG2 he is more like a teen (yeah, I know, very little time has passed, but he's still not an adult in BG2 and... who know, perhaps rakshasas grow faster! Draconis got old quite fast, hah). He should know already how to take care of himself and should be equally useful as Haer'Dalis. Perhaps he is even a tiny bit better. He is a blade, too, so he should know how to fight well.

He should also be a big addition to Verr and provide some additional info about him.
    Arctodus
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Thanks !!
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Is this intended primarily as a romance mod, or is there still significant content if we don't pursue the romance?
    edited September 2018
    there will be less talks, but still you will experience some talks with you PC, banters with all NPC, encounters etc. No worries. But you won't be able to join the other NPC as he is part of the continued romance path.

So no, it's not just romance. There is more content there. There is a short "friendship" path. You will have to decide if you want a BG2EE-only path or to continue BG1EE/SoD story.
    redline
  • KrypplingzKrypplingz Member Posts: 11
    Been playing with Verr'Sza and the bard in BG2EE and been having a blast with them so far.

But I've got a stupid question.
    Got the random encounter with the two Ogre Mages and the Ogrillions. Talked to the Merchant and now I have no idea how to leave the area.
    When I put the cursor on the edge of the map I don't get the leave the area wheel, just the finger, move there and not available cursor. Don't see anywhere else to go and the merchant is no help. So is there something special I'm missing or have I stumbled on a bug?
    Maybe that's a bug. I will check it. Meanwhile, use C:MoveToArea("XXXXXX") where XXXXXX is the area code.
    https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/appendices/area_lists/bg2aref.htm
    Krypplingz
  • jmaeqjmaeq Member Posts: 91
    edited October 2018
    Verr'Sza is a refreshing new character to have in my playthrough, thanks for working your magic! :)

However, I did come across a bug...

After the encounter with saving the adventurer from the dark treants, Phalh continuously repeats this line, "...That was nice. Thank you for sharing your company." I was able to immediately exit the area so he wouldn't initiate the dialogue but if I initialize a PID with him, all he says is that line as well. Unfortunately, the encounter with the ogrillions, force him to initiate dialogue and once again, he repeats that line.
    Post edited by jmaeq on
  • fataljasminefataljasmine Member Posts: 17
    I have encountered a weird bug in the BG2EE romance. I have gotten to a certain point in the romance. where Verr’Sza keeps spamming the ‘(While you are walking...)’ over and over flirt. Is there some way of skipping over this?
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Small bug report. In my game Korgan's banters with him seem to be firing even though Verr isn't in the party yet. I do have various banter & tweak mods installed though.
    Hey! Got some files from @Artemius_I and also checked the map, fixed it too. So... here's the new version:
    December 2018 - version 0.2:
    -Dialogue fixes
    -Phalh's script fix
    -Area exit fix
    -WeiDU update
    CaszidyAedan
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    Hello, thanks so much for this mod and the BGEE version. Just wondering if this will also be made EET compatible, in particular for the EE Mod Setup Tool? :)
    I just uploaded v0.3 which includes this mod's first EET compatibility update by @AionZ - enjoy v0.3.
    AedanMadrict
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    @LavaDelVortel
    I keep getting
    "
    [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/verrbg2/scripts/L#2verr.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 59 column 1-37
    Near Text: )
    [ChangeStat] not found in ACTION.IDS
    ERROR: parsing [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/verrbg2/scripts/L#2verr.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: error compiling [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/verrbg2/scripts/L#2verr.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: compiling [verrbg2/scripts/L#2verr.baf]!
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Verr'Sza - the rakshasa NPC for BG2EE], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 355 files for [VERRBG2/VERRBG2.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 355 files for [VERRBG2/VERRBG2.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
    "

when I try to install him on BG2 D:

(it won't let me upload the debug file though >_<)
    @kimmuryiel

Are you trying to install on an outdated version of BG2EE...?
    edited January 2019
    @AionZ
    no, I don't think so....don't know how to check what version I'm using though >_< (it doesn't have an "update" button next to it in the Beamdog launcher though)

All my other mods install fine
    @kimmuryiel

Well the only other explanation is that you installed some other mod that screwed up your .ids files. Really old (read: badly made) mods are likely causes.
    @AionZ (sorry this took so long >_<)
    I do have quite a mod collection going back years....
    I have *deep breath*:
    banter pack, eilistraee's song, improved firkraag (just gets copied into a folder), innershade, oversight, reunion, sellswords, tales of the deep gardens, the white queen, unfinished business, wheels of prophecy, quest pack, wings, assassinations, bg2 tweaks, cd tweaks, dungeon be gone, finnjo's bg2 subrace mod, samurai kit, weimer's item upgrade, adrian, ajantis for bg2, bg2 dorn remaster, xmod banter pack, edwin romance + flirts, fade, foundling, gavin, haer'dalis romance, isra, kelsey, sheena, tsujatha, tyris flare (actually, she stopped installing too), xan, and yvette
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Hi, I just want to stop by and notify how great this mod is!
    I really enjoy interaction between Ver and hidden NPC and banters with other characters also. The 2 NPC mod is really great idea and I now uderstand how much space it gives the author to operate. Both characters are really great written and meshes with orginal game easily.

However I would also like to report small bugs:
    - Ver has innate ability to set traps, however when I set the trap with him and want to set another trap with him, game always says - you can't set more traps in this area - even thought with my own character (which is thief), I can immediatelly set another traps up to 7 traps in the area original game limit.
    - Ver with leveling should be able to cast more priest spells but when I chose priest spells table there is literally nothing - blank page and I can't chose any priest spell for him to memorize. He only have memorized: Dimensional doors, Larloch Minor Drain 2x, Blindness 2x and Mirror Image, but I can't change it or memorize it more with additional levels.

and finally little question regarding hidden NPC:
    I really love the little chit-chat/flirting between Phalh and Neera, but will this expand to something more, or did I already saw everything from this duo (last banter I saw regarding this was when Ver tells to Phalh, that he noticed how Phalh is looking at Neera and that Phalh probably like her)? I am asking this because I originaly didn't plan to keep Neera for the whole run, I just wanted to made her questline and than say good bye to her.
    Caszidy wrote: »
    - Ver has innate ability to set traps, however when I set the trap with him and want to set another trap with him, game always says - you can't set more traps in this area - even thought with my own character (which is thief), I can immediatelly set another traps up to 7 traps in the area original game limit.
    - Ver with leveling should be able to cast more priest spells but when I chose priest spells table there is literally nothing - blank page and I can't chose any priest spell for him to memorize. He only have memorized: Dimensional doors, Larloch Minor Drain 2x, Blindness 2x and Mirror Image, but I can't change it or memorize it more with additional levels.
    I'll look into the first issue. The second one is intended behavior. The Naztharune's kit description states they cannot cast normal priest spells.
    Caszidy
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Ok, I understand, but than it's weird why when leveling up there is notification "new priest spell x. level: 1"