Skip to content

Che55 b0ard

What strats do you use for beating the chess board in Durlag's Tower?

I tend to cheese it and shoot fireballs, etc. when the opponents are out of sight, hitting them with the area-effect.

But interested in more clever ways of doing it... and go...

Comments

• PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    It doesn't seem too cheesy to do it that way if you have a thief creep forwards and spot the opposition.
    OrlonKronsteen
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    Lots of lightning and fire protection, then nuke the lot of 'em.
    OrlonKronsteen
  • WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 183
    Same as you OP. It's just one of those "Fuck You" areas, so well, fuck it too.
    UnderstandMouseMagicOrlonKronsteenredline
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    edited October 2018
    Now there and low on spells, just kill the king right?

Maybe go in invisible and disarm all the traps? (Edit: not an option!)
    Post edited by Dordledum on
  • YazOYazO Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2018
    I did beat the thing first try… I was fully buffed from the previous fight--I think it was against the Fire Twins, and so my Fighter had over 100 Fire resistance and everything else. He just parked in the middle of the board and I tossed a few spells from my 2 mages, targeting the King with 2 ranged hasted bow users. It was over quick.
    OrlonKronsteen
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

I haven't played it without SCS for some time (with SCS they rush you the moment you arrive in the room).

But if I remember correctly, if one of the NPC moves forward a bit, they do attack. And then you have a very hard fight and have to stay in the narrow strip behind to avoid the lightening triggering. And as the mage throws confusion at you and holds, it's not fun.

So nuke them from space would be my advice...just to make sure.
    Aerakar[Deleted User]
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    I never really did figure out how that level works. Are you able to move your toons around like chess pieces? I seem to remember getting barbecued any time I tried to move at all, so I gave up on that strategy. Webs, fireballs, confusion, slow, silence, etc.... I try to blast 'em from afar. Greater Malison is really handy here, too. If SCS is installed, remove fear at the start is a must, as are defensive spells for your mages.
    AerakarDaevelon
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    @OlvynChuru now that is just sick and diabolical, I love it :)
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    Aerakar[Deleted User]