Skip to content

Android version: allow moving .obb file to SD card

I have all the Beamdog games on PC as well as Android. I just upgraded to a phone with an SD slot, and I'd like to move the .obb files to my 128GB SD card. This works for most games I've tried (so long as I reproduce the same path on the SD card, but not for Beamdog games -- the games think the data is missing and try to download the OBB file. Can you please update the games to allow storing the big data files on an SD card?

Comments

• GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
    I agree, the games are massive, and should be possible to move. I got 2 Baldur's Gate games, and hoping to buy PSTEE but won't if I can't even move OBB lol.

Also, in what games does moving OBB work? I do that, but often it doesn't recognise the OBB existing and still downloads on other games.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Thank you for your requests! I've filed them on Redmine,

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/32643
  • vonHatlenvonHatlen Member Posts: 2
    JuliusBorisov I saw the thread at Redmine and that it is fixed, which is great, but how do you go about moving them? The "move to SD" android feature still only copies some of the game files and not the obb, and I tried copying the files from the internal storage to the SD card manually, to no avail. Is there some trick or do we have to root and hack it?
    Tried this on IWDEE and BGEE so far. Further purchases will depend on this feature being available or not.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    After all the necessary testing, it turned out only moving the executable was possible (and not the gigs of data). So the fix for the ticket is that it's possible to move the executable.
  • vonHatlenvonHatlen Member Posts: 2
    Wow. Thanks :)