BCaesar and Ratatoskr's Multi-Mod:
1. All Things Mazzy: Friendship, romance, NPC conversations and more.
2. Keepable Clara (Human Hexxat) NPC: A mod to rescue Clara from Hexxat and have her join your party.
3. Darkside Anomen: An expansion for Evil Anomen
4. Minsc-Neera Romance
5. Flying Aerie
6. Dorn-HaerDalis Romance
7. For The Evil!
8. Other random stuff! Check the full list below.
Written, edited, & coded by BCaesar and Ratatoskr.
First version posted on these forums: 1.027, posted on March 27, 2017.
Latest update: Version 2.65. March 8th, 2021
Download location: This thread! (The mod is attached to this post).
Available Languages: English, Russian
We are releasing the mod in parts rather than trying to write and edit everything before coding so that there will be something playable if we ever disappear (instead of a grand idea ending up in the mod graveyard with so many others). And if we ever go AWOL for more than a year, this is up for grabs. Take it and run with it. Additionally, if you want to use part of this mod just ask us, the answer is probably yes.
The Mazzy romance & friendship portion of AllThingsMazzy is now complete, though we plan to do an overall edit for consistency. The rest is in various stages of completeness. Most dialogues and banters listed are coded for both SoA and ToB, meaning that if you do not see all of them in SoA it will pick up exactly where you left off in ToB.
**Version 2.65 has a Russian translation courtesy of p_zombie325.
Here is a summary of everything. Open the "spoiler" tabs to view more details about a particular project.Main Install:
1) All Things Mazzy: Romance, Friendship and More!
This mod, as the title states, includes a Mazzy romance and a friendship, a way for her to join the Order of the Radiant Heart, numerous discussions between Mazzy and other NPCs, and many new interjections. To get the full Mazzy experience, you should also install the For The Good component. Avoid this component if you want to be evil, as it gives many new chances for Mazzy to try to kill you.
A: Mazzy Friendship/Romance:
- Mazzy Initiated Friendship Talks at set times/locations during the game (SOA & TOB)
- Mazzy Romance: Quest to start the romance in SOA (starts after the Underdark) & TOB
- Some romance talks at set times during the game
- Additional talks with Mazzy's family.
- TOB wraith scene and friendship/romance epilogues.
- Recurring Mazzy friendship/romance talks where you can choose the topic. (SOA & TOB)
- 3 TOB talks that do not require the friendship or romance.
B. Interjections, comments and reactions:
-Interjections and reactions by Mazzy throughout the game.
C. Imoen and Mazzy
- A series of optional friendship/romance talks that will play if you take Mazzy to Spellhold. Several alternate talks depending on who CHARNAME decides to romance.
- Includes 1 talk between Imoen and Viconia
- Talk sequence will continue/start in TOB if not already done.
- Includes additional dialogues if you are romancing Imoen or allow Aerie-Imoen using the Imoen Romance Mod.
D. Korgan and Mazzy conversations: 5 total (1 is an existing BG2 ToB conversation that was modified and moved. Parts of this series also play in TOB)
- The first conversation takes place 10 days after both are in your party.
- the 2nd when you rest in an inn after both the 1st conversation and their normal in-game banter have occurred.
- The 3rd when they're both in your party and able to talk again.
- The 4th conversation takes place several days after that. After this, he won't leave at high rep.
- There is also a stand-alone conversation in the docks if you talk to any of the commoner women there.
E. Jan and Mazzy conversations: 1 total. (Also in TOB)
- Takes place 3 days after both are in your party, upon rest in a dungeon or outside.
F. Viconia and Mazzy:
- Mazzy comments and reacts when Viconia is at the stake.
- An entire series of optional friendship talks. About 18 additional conversations in all.
- A few additional talks if you are romancing either one of them.
- 3 additional TOB only talks where Mazzy attempts to redeem Viconia.
G. Edwin & Mazzy conversations: 6 total (Also in TOB)
- They all trigger after the first Mazzy/Edwin banter as game time passes. Two will only play if you have an active Edwin romance.
- Additions to the Maevar quest sequence with Edwin as well. Should be compatible with alternatives.
H. Jaheira & Mazzy: 2 conversations (Also in TOB)
- Another two conversations may play if you romance one or the other.
I. Keldorn & Mazzy: 3 conversations (SOA & TOB)
-He will also sponsor her to join the Order of the Radiant Heart. This spans most of the game.
J. Mazzy & Valygar: 4 talks building off their in-game banters.
- 2 are TOB only
K. Minsc & Mazzy: 1 talk.
L. Minsc, Jan, & Mazzy: 1 talk.
M. Two quests with the harlots at the Docks. Talk to a harlot w/ Mazzy in your party. Talk to her again if/when you've destroyed the Shadow Thieves.
Note: To get the full Mazzy experience you should also install "For The Good", mentioned below.
2. Keepable Clara NPC (Human Hexxat)
Exactly what it sounds like. We have reworked the end of the Hexxat intro quest so that you can kill Hexxat to keep Clara. She is a Neutral-Evil thief who can change her kit type at will. Although Clara starts out relatively weak, she levels up quickly and gains stats and abilities as she banters with other party NPCs. You can also start a new ToB game and summon Clara to join you.
Clara is almost complete (We've got another small quest + a quest expansion still in progress).
- Exactly what it sounds like. We have reworked the end of the Hexxat intro quest so that you can kill Hexxat to keep Clara.
- You do not need Mazzy in your party to trigger this option. Just murder Hexxat in Dragomir's tomb and make sure you pick up her sack afterward.
- She can be summoned in TOB as well and has a variety of epilogues.
- Clara banters/talks with every NPC. Most of the banters also improve Clara in some way. Any banters you don't see in SoA will play in ToB.
- She also has interjections throughout the game.
- An additional intricate scene if you kick her out of your party while at war with the shadow thieves, particularly if you have active romances.
- If you don't romance Anomen, Clara will do it for you. However, she has her own agenda and the romance goes down a very different path once he takes his test. Both SOA and TOB content, including a wraith scene. (optional)
- 8 Clara-Mazzy talks on philosophy (2 are optional and mutually exclusive)
- Clara now has an NPC quest involving Rose Bouquet that will kick in properly after Aran is dead & another quest exclusive to ForTheEvil (see below).
3. Darkside Anomen: An Expansion for Evil Anomen
This adds additional content to Anomen if he fails his test. This is basically complete, but as we test and play, we may add a few more interjections.
- The bulk of the content requires someone to romance Anomen, however if you don't want to romance him then Clara can do it for you, leading to the same dialogues and benefit. Once the romance is complete, you can remove one of them from your party without affecting the other. Works in both SoA and ToB.
- An alternate ending the CN romance if Anomen fails his test. Now you can help him with Cor without losing him forever. This includes new TOB epilogues and a minor SOA quest.
- Fix to assign Anomen appropriate sound files if he fails his test
- Anomen no longer objects to Dorn's first quest after he fails his test. This helps you actually keep him in an evil party. Includes some extra lines/CN options as well.
- A talk at the beginning of TOB that lets you choose his past.
- Fix for the Anomen romance if you break it by accident.
- Various interjections & fixes for evil Anomen.
4. Minsc-Neera-Boo Romance: A romance of miniature giant proportions. (Optional)
What none of you asked for, but you all secretly wanted. This is essentially finished, though we may add some more talks, interjections, and so forth as we feel like it. Now includes epilogues and a wraith scene too.
- Minsc, Neera, and Boo!: ~23 Talks (because BCaesar is an incorrigible matchmaker). Most will play in SoA or ToB. A few of them are ToB only, including their Wraith Scene.
- Neera-Aerie: 1 witch talk in SoA.
- This will start if both are in your party and you are not romancing Neera. If you do romance Neera but end the romance, it will start soon after.
5. Flying Aerie
This is a mod for Aerie to get her wings back. It is finished, though as usual we reserve the right to add more later. There are three paths toward getting her wings back: the regeneration route, the Edwin route, and the Spell-Store route. All three routes can start in SoA and can be pursued simultaneously. They all finish in ToB. Like almost everything we write, you can pick up in ToB where you left off in SoA, so there is no need to stay in SoA just to finish (or even start) that section of Flying Aerie.
- Viconia & Aerie: 5 conversations (SOA & TOB)
- Edwin & Aerie: 5 conversation (2 SOA & TOB, 3 TOB only)
- Jaheira & Aerie: 1 conversation (SOA&TOB)
- Adjusted TOB dialogues/epilogues to account for her wings
- 12 Aerie Talks (9 both SOA/TOB, 3 TOB only talks) as she tries to regain her wings. (Optional)
- 8 NPC talks related to Aerie's wings (SOA & TOB)
- 6 NPC/CN Talks on the Wizard Wings Path (SOA & TOB)
- 2 store talks where you can ask about Aerie's wings (SOA)
- Find the right wizard, get Aerie's wings (TOB only)
6. Dorn-Haer'Dalis Romance (SOA & TOB)
Another optional NPC romance, because evil people need love too. This romance will begin in either SOA or TOB (continuing into TOB if you start it earlier) and includes lots of snarky comments on all sides. Not to mention the joy of Haer'Dalis and his florid poetry.
- About 24 talks (some specific to SOA/TOB or mutually exclusive), including a wraith scene and an Aerie conflict.
- Also includes additions to Dorn's quest with romance interjections & options throughout, new TOB epilogues, & some changes to Dorn's leaving dialogue.
- You will get the most content if they are committed before Spellhold, but it is not required.
7. Miscellaneous Stuff
Mod Installation Part 2: For the Evil (optional)
1. Expanded Maevar Quest
- Both the Talos and Lathander Temples figure out that you stole from them for Mae'Var and you have the option of returning the necklace and statuette later.
- This triggers whether you have Mazzy or not, and will hopefully stop breaking the game now.
2. A fix in the Underdark so drow bands won't attack while you're disguised
3. A bugfix in the Copper Coronet so that you can actually get into the back with Lehtinan's permission. This allows you to side with the slavers or lie to infiltrate their operations.
4. Bugfix for Minsc actually rejoining your party after being charmed by Irenicus' dryads.
5. Additional drow massage options in Ust Natha.
6. If you're fighting the thieves and didn't do Mae'Var's quest, you can now kill the man at the front desk to unlock the doors to the guild.
7. Added a minor dialogue to wrap up Dorn's SOA quest
8. You can now sell the Cloak of Dragomir to Bodhi if you're working for her.
9. If Dorn gives up his patron, he can pledge service to an evil god at their temple to regain his awesome powers. Check your local evil temple for details.
10. An expansion for the Windspear Hills Quest to make the Order turn on you if you forget Garren Windspear's help. You can now fight your way to peace or victory if you're strong enough.
11. Re-added the Knights of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart to fight you if you attack the Order of the Radiant Heart (they exist in game, but the way they're coded most people will never see them).
Additional mod options that may be off-putting to some good players. We write our evil characters as fairly awful people in the main mod and this explores them more in depth. However, this is actually less disruptive than Hostile Mazzy to a normal game and we quite like how most of it turned out.
1. Korgan/Hexxat Friendship (SOA only). 100% Finished.
- A series of 7 optional banters that trigger if you keep both NPCs in your party, leading to an odd and somewhat creepy friendship. Several talks will only trigger on rests outside, so try mixing things up if they haven't talked in a while.
- The first one starts after the in-game Korgan-Hexxat banter.
2. Sarevok/Viconia Relationship (TOB only). 100% Finished.
- A series of about 5 romance talks following from their canon banters. The first will only trigger on rests in the pocket plane so keep that in mind.
- Another romance talk if CN was romancing Viconia.
- This will play if you are romancing Viconia. It will not play if you're romancing Sarevok using the Sarevok Romance Mod.
3. Viconia/Hexxat Something. 100% Finished.
- 4 optional conversations (SOA & TOB) that play after their first in-game banter and before their last one.
- If you have a banter accelerator enabled you'll probably need to travel/rest a lot to see them all (since their final in-game banter ends the "relationship").
4. Bodhi NPC (SOA & TOB). She's fully functional, but is bare-bones and still lacks most banters, dialogues, and epilogues.
-Now available in SOA if you worked for her in Chapter 3. All good party members are incompatible with her and will object to her being in your party. She is also the enemy of Drizzt and the Order of the Radiant Heart.
- Banters with Korgan, Clara, and Edwin
- Character sounds
- 2 Bodhi-Hexxat Talks
- Should be completely compatible with the Ascension Mod (the game will register and Ascension Bodhi as two different characters).
5. Bodhi-the-Elf NPC: At the end of SoA, should you direct Bodhi to accept Queen Ellesime's offer, Bodhi-the-Elf will ask to come with you. She is a Chaotic-Evil Elven monk. Good NPC's will again travel with her except for Mazzy, Anomen (if he's still with the Order), and Keldorn. Bodhi-the-Elf is a relatively quiet Easter-egg (much like the Wilson NPC was in BG2EE).
6. Viconia in Ust Natha:
- Expanded quests and dialogues for Viconia when she's in the city of the drow.
- Taken to its most evil conclusion, you can find yourself leading a demon and a small army of drow against the elves.
7. Viconia's Peace:
- A final quest for chapter 6/7 that builds off the Viconia-Clara banters. You must have defeated Bodhi and gotten the last Clara-Viconia NPC banter before this quest becomes available. We do not recommend starting this quest until you have finished everything you need to before the end-game... and that's all we're going to say about that.
8. Miscellaneous Evil Options For the Main Character
- An evil player option w/ the dryads in Irenicus' dungeon.Mod Installation Part 3: For the Good (optional)
- Minor evil options w/ Tiiro & Auvala, and Am Si.
- Additional courtesan options in the Bridge District & Brynnlaw
- A more evil option with the dryad in the Windspear Hills
- More immediate evil option with Adalon in Underdark
- If you have items that belonged to Drizzt's Party and the wizard Malchor Harpell tries to take them back, you can fight him instead of automatically giving up the items.
- You may sell the Dawn Ring to the Temple of Talos instead of returning it to the Temple of Lathander.
- You may fight the elves in chapter 6 instead of doing what they demand.
- If you kill the Silver Dragon in the Underdark, you can now get Cromwell to make her scales into armor (the scales and armor already existed in ToB:EE).
Additional mod options that might be annoying for a truly evil party. With these, Mazzy and other party members will no longer sit idly by while you do horrible things. This makes things more consistent with other good characters' reactions and we recommend installing it for the full Mazzy experience. However, if you plan to be evil and want Mazzy anyway, you should probably skip this part.
A. Hostile Mazzy: (Also in TOB)Mod Installation Part 4: "Do NOT allow duplicate TOB epilogues" component. (optional)
- Mazzy now correctly attacks you if your reputation gets too low (it was coded but seemed to be bugged).
- Other characters now choose sides (or stay out of it) if Mazzy and Player 1 fight. Every character should talk so if a canon one doesn't, it's a bug.
- None of the options in CDTweaks to keep your NPCs from leaving will stop this from triggering. This is coded differently than the canon ones.
- Mazzy will also attack if you do anything too evil during certain quests, or attack the temples of Lathander, Helm or the Radiant Heart.
B. Hexxat/Mazzy conflict (both SOA & TOB).
- This includes a conflict both when you first get Hexxat involving most of your good characters and a Mazzy specific conflict if they are both in your party later. (If the conversation ends with Mazzy taking a couple people vampire hunting, try letting things play out).
C. Additional Mazzy Interjections
- Often right before she tries to murder you.
If you install this component then this mod's epilogues will override the standard TOB epilogues and most other mod epilogues. If you do not install this, you will get multiple epilogues where applicable (meaning you will see the existing epilogues, either from the game or from another mod you have installed, and our epilogues). No matter what you do, you will always see our epilogues; they are unbreakable.
Please note that other mods may still overwrite the standard TOB epilogues regardless of this choice. Additionally, mods installed after this mod may cause duplicate epilogues since ours cannot be turned off the usual way.Compatibility:
AllThingsMazzy should be compatible with most other mods. We've worked hard to make it that way since Ratatoskr has a LOT of mods installed. However, we cannot guarantee that our content will mesh with all other mods in terms of NPC characterization/personality. We tend to write as though no other mods are installed since there's just too many to keep track of, and in some cases, we take existing NPC's in the opposite direction from what other mods chose to do.
In addition, we have tried to account for the following mods in our code, meaning that our rest scenes don't trigger concurrently and you may see different dialogue if you have those mods installed (for example, Imoen may have a different interjection if you have active romance):
-Friendships/Banters: Viconia Friendship, the IEP Banter Project (as of March 25th, 2017). The Mazzy Friendship shouldn't break our mod if you have both installed, but they don't mesh well thematically.
-NPC Romances: De'Arnise Romance, Edwin Romance, Haer'Dalis Romance, Imoen Romance, Keldorn Romance, Sarevok Romance, and the Yoshimo Romance. (Plus all canon romances) (Thematic compatibility varies)
-Miscellaneous Mods: Alternatives, Imoen4Ever, Alora NPC, the Wilson Chronicles
A couple notes about the Mazzy friendship/romance:
While some talks will trigger at specific points, this friendship/romance is primarily nonlinear. You can choose what you talk about and as long as you're not a total asshole or super evil, Mazzy will be your friend. You cannot break the friendship otherwise, though you can ask her to stop talking to you, and her tolerance for jokes will increase over time. There is a sense of humor beneath that stern exterior. If you break the friendship by accident, you will have one chance to get it back. Installation:
For the romance, there are no restrictions on race, gender, or class. As long as your charisma doesn't suck and you aren't illiterate, you will have a chance (male halflings will have the easiest time, but 12 CHA is the highest stat requirement). You must complete Mazzy's quest and bring her with you to rescue Imoen in order to begin her romance in Chapter 6.
Romancing others will not stop you from romancing Mazzy, though for most romances, you will have to make a choice if you are already committed. It will be very clear when that moment comes and Mazzy generally won't care if you commit to another romance afterwards. Once the romance is active, you will have additional choices for your talks and depending on your choices, it can get semi-explicit. We don't have sex scenes per se but Mazzy is happy to discuss such things as frankly as you wish. The romance can be activated in TOB and an active romance can be continued.
Once installed, you shouldn't need to restart your game, though you may have already missed some interjections.
We have put so much redundancy into our coding that you should be able to have a couple conversations, kick Mazzy out of your party, delete the mod, play half the game, get Mazzy back in your party, reinstall the mod, and have it pick up right where it left off. You can break things if you try, but we've tried to make it difficult.
When reinstalling a newer version of this mod you should always uninstall the older version, delete the folder, and then copy in the new folder containing the later version of All Things Mazzy.
This thread is primarily for questions, bug-reporting, and for telling us that we're horrible people who have ruined Baldur's Gate II and thus your life. We also welcome dialogue suggestions (either changes, additions or typos).