Skip to content

Backup Muscle: Rasaad or Voghiln

I'm currently working on my SOD playthrough with my New Party Challenge (see that board for details) and long story short I'm limited as to what choices I can make.
My Current Party;
1. Bork-Dwarven Barbarian
2. Safana-Thief
3. M'Khinn-Shaman
4. Corwin-Long Distance
5. Edwin-Mage

My only real choices (as I said I'm intitally limiting myself, see my New Party Challenge board for details)are Rasaad or Voghiln for backup muscle and I want to know which one is better.
  1. Backup Muscle: Rasaad or Voghiln8 votes
    1. Rasaad
      25.00%
    2. Voghiln
      75.00%
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I vote for Rassad simply because as a character, he is one of my favorites in terms of writing and personality. I haven't taken him all the way through SoD yet, so I don't know if he will hit that seet spot where Monks start being really good or not.
    ZaramMaldovarAerakar
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Voghiln gives you party-wide +2 to hit and damage. In terms of sheer numbers, Rasaad can't quite match that unless you give him a potion of giant strength. Rasaad will be better in the final battle because you're bound to have a potion for him (you'll still want Enchanted Weapon so he can use his fists on the final boss), but everywhere else, Voghiln's passive bonuses will speed things up more overall. Better still, the bard song should apply to your summons as well as the non-controllable allies in the bigger fights in the game like the fight at Dragonspear Castle itself.
    ZaramMaldovarThacoBellAerakar
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    At the very least I'll be recruiting Rasaad until I can get access to Voghiln. I forgot that I have to progress through the game to get him.

No Vampire Hunting or Repository of Undeath for the Drunken Bard I'm afraid.

We shall see who gets the permanent spot however. More voting! More advice!
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Well I've made my decision to keep Voghiln as opposed to Rasaad

Thanks for voting everyone and follow my New Party Challenge Thread
    JuliusBorisov