Skip to content

Dead lover. Will quests dry my tears?

So Bodhi killed Jaheira, and before I go and throw her body on a statue, I got to thinking. Might this be a chance to go and do some NPC quests with the NPCs that I earlier ignored? Since I got a 5 man group now, and Imoen and Valygar are under-leveled (Imoen cuz she was in a prison while I was doing every sidequest ever, and Valygar cuz I didn't pick him up til after Imoen), would now be a good time to do that? I don't want to have an under-leveled Jaheira either, so I was thinking maybe just one NPC's quests. I have left untouched the following NPCs:
Anomen
Jan
Viconia
Edwin
Korgan
Cernd
Haer'Dalis
Mazzy
Rasaad

Also, my party is all good-aligned. So any favorites among that list? I have Keldorn, so Viconia is probably not an option.

Also, I'm already level 19. Should I just knock this shit out and move on to ToB? I've never made it this far in my playthroughs.

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864

would now be a good time to do that? I don't want to have an under-leveled Jaheira either.

jaheira's level will not change whether you do 0 or all the npc quests as she is dead.
    my suggestion is to drop all your companions but imoen and valygar, or keep one moe companion if is needed for party balance, and do all the npc quests left. picking the npcs one by one so you are sure that both the under leveled imoen and valy get the most possible xp.
    in the end you will have the same party you have now, level wise, but with the imoen and valygar low level fixed and a over leveled charname.
    probably you have to trick with timers as some quests need time to develop.

RP wise you should avoid evil NPCs.

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    If you've already done "every sidequest ever" what will keep your group occupied while waiting for the quest timers to kick in at various stages? Of the ones that I know on your list they can be started pretty much straight away but the final parts can take a while to crop up.

Alternatively, you could take Imoen and Valygar on a trip to Watcher's Keep.
  • TraumaDramaTraumaDrama Member Posts: 56
    Anyone know of any NPC quests that don't need a timer?

Also I do like the Watcher's Keep idea, and had been doing that before (though with full party), but I kept get items that wouldn't be useful til ToB. Oh well.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    edited October 2018

Anyone know of any NPC quests that don't need a timer?

Also I do like the Watcher's Keep idea, and had been doing that before (though with full party), but I kept get items that wouldn't be useful til ToB. Oh well.

Anomen-Several timers, but very strong class combo, if you can deal with his insecure personality then he's one of the best.
    Jan-Timer before quest starts.
    Viconia-Evil
    Edwin-Evil-Lots of timers but can't deny he's the strongest mage if you roll as evil. May be issues completing quest if past Ch.3, he may even leave the CC.
    Korgan-Evil-No timer but i think you cannot do the quest (he may even leave the CC) after chaper 3 is finished.
    Cernd-No timer.
    Haer'Dalis-Freeing him is several quests worth, added challenge is how to kill Mekrath PLUS get the quest reward XP for handing in the mirror :wink:
    Mazzy-Timer before quest starts.
    Rasaad-No timers but challenging finale especially when lower level, should be fine for you.
    Korgan did in fact leave, halfway through the cemetery.
  • ShashakiroShashakiro Member Posts: 24
    edited October 2018
    Both Edwin and Korgan's quests are completable in Chapter 6, by the way. You can definitely do Korgan's if he doesn't join the party until Bodhi is dead.
    Bodhi is dead, but Korgan kept randomly leaving the party after a certain amount of time.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Bodhi is dead, but Korgan kept randomly leaving the party after a certain amount of time.

If you haven't done his quest yet, that's why. He has a timed persinal quest, and its pretty short too.
    I walked up to him, got the quest, went to the grayeyard, was headed through, and he left. How short is that timer, and what point do I have to get to for it to not go off? Because on one run we made it to the crypt, he realized it was gone, and then 10 seconds later split.
    It shouldn't be THAT quick. What was his dialogue when he left?
    I believe it was something like "You've proven to be not worth my time, so for now I'll say so long with a smile." Which it first had me like, awwwwwwwww. That's sweet. But he never came back.
    Odd. The whole thing worked just fine for me today.

Maybe your rep was too high? Though that didn’t cause me problems doing his quest, but maybe I was lucky.
    I mean my rep is 20, but I thought the same.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Montresor's npc guide at Sorceror's Place has this to say about Korgan:

"Behaviour that causes him to leave the party: Leaves the party if you refuse to do his personal quests. Also leaves permanently if the party's reputation becomes 19 or better."
    If you have any evil character and your rep rises above 18, they will immediately leave.
    edited October 2018
    I did Korgan's quest with rep 20 the entire time, and he didn't leave. Neither did Edwin(a). That isn't inconsistent with what's been said here, as there was no change to my rep in either case (so my rep did not "rise above 18" or "become 19 or better"), but it doesn't explain the different behavior if rep is why Korgan left for TraumaDrama but not me.

(I knew about evil characters leaving, and was prepared to reload and Slayer-transform if needed, but neither character tried to leave)