Skip to content

Short stories and Story Seeds

mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
Every RPG player is in some way or another a story teller. And you know what? I want to hear your stories.

This thread is dedicated to short stories written by the forum members. Try not to make them too long. 500 words or so should be enough ?

Also in this thread forum members may suggest story seeds. Story seeds are general situations that other forum members will use as a guideline to their stories. For instance:
“What if the first communication we receive from aliens is: Shut up or they will listen!”

The stories are not limited by the fantasy genre. Feel free to write sci-fi, horror, mystery, whatever suits your taste, but remember the stories themselves are still subject to the forum rules.

Forum members are free to write their stories based on other user stories or placed in the same world created by other forum members unless the original author explicitly says his story is not to be used. The idea is to allow other authors to expand on your ideas.

And as a first contribution, a short dialogue. Feel free to expand on the idea. Notice it has no names or descriptions as it is meant to be a seed for other stories. Have fun! ?

“Forever young, who wants to be forever young, do you really want to live forever, forever and ever…. So young lady what will it be? What’s your answer?”

The man in front of me seemed a normal young male in his early 20s. He was anything but it. I had seen more than enough proof he was what he claimed to be.

“What is it with that old song?”

“It’s not that old. And I like it… Seems so… appropriate.”

“Well what if I say no?”

“Then I leave through that door, you’ll never see me or anybody like me again. We don’t make this offer twice. And, of course, if you try to tell someone they’ll just think you’re crazy.”

“But couldn’t I do this on my own? Couldn’t I? You said I have it in me.”

“Now don’t get me wrong. Some don’t need any help or have any choice, it just happens to them. But you, you need someone like me to wake it up. Otherwise you’ll just go on as everyone else and meet the same end.”

“If I say yes and then… what? You do some voodoo on me? Some crazy ritual?”

“No magic involved my young friend, I just trigger your ability and when it’s over changing you, we make a trip so that I may introduce you to the others. So, what will it be?”

I once more think of the implications of what he was offering me. I try to imagine what it will be like after it’s done. But deep inside I knew “no” was not the answer.

“I accept.”

For the first time since we first met I see a sad expression on his face.

“Ok. Give me your hands… it will be quick. You’ll faint when it reaches your brain so it’s better to lie down somewhere after it starts.”

I extend my hands to him and instantly feel the power flowing, a heat wave expanding from my hands and penetrating every single cell of my body, slowly expanding to cover me. I can feel it changing myself, every single cell, making me as immortal as he is. The last thing I hear before passing out is him singing once more.
JuliusBorisovLadyRhianGusindalolien

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Was it the beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning?
    mlnevese[Deleted User]