Skip to content

Neera fails constantly

Hey everyone,
I've been playing BGEE and decided to get Neera. I've completed everything up to thief maze then before ending it, I am now at Durlag's.
However, at some point Neera started fizzling spells. HARD. She's fizzling almost every spell. Maybe she successfully casts 1 or 2 spells per day. I heard about a collar bug but it seems to be in BG2EE and cure disease didn't work anyway.

She has no active effects on her. She wears The Amplifier (extra 2nd level spell), Bracers to the Death (AC6), Traveler's Robe, Ring of Princes +1, Relair's Mistake and Adoy's Belt. She hasn't changed them in Durlag's though.

I think it started, or at least I noticed it at the room with greater wyverns and stone heroes. In fact, it happened with monster summoning and I thought maybe somehow the game counts the stone heroes as summons and the monster limit is reached or something. But it's affecting more than summons. I get "Spell Failed: Casting Failure"

Any idea?

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    Are you certain she's not been under some effect? There are various surges that can impose spell failure and they may not be obvious on the character record. You could try using ctrl-R on her to remove any effects just in case.
  • themaelstormthemaelstorm Member Posts: 5
    I mean, I rested for days and I don't see anything on her. But next time I play, maybe I should go to a church and see if any removal is applicable on her. Maybe there is a curse that doesn't show or something.

If that doesn't work, I'll check how that ctrl+R works and try that : (
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Try to use EEKeeper to see if she is under the effect of something strange.

If nothing else works, you can also use the CluaConsole to spawn a new Neera, gives her all the spells, the experience and the items she had previously, then delete the faulty one.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @themaelstorm This might be a stupid question, but its usually a good idea to cover all the bases. Are you trying to cast the spells directly, or through Nahal's Reckless Dweomer?
  • themaelstormthemaelstorm Member Posts: 5
    An update in case someone has the same: Enabling console and ctrl+R fixed it!