Skip to content

Tyris Flare MOD dialog invalid

DeeKayNLDeeKayNL Member Posts: 110
Hey,

I have a problem with my Tyris Flare mod. (not only that one but the skip chateau Irenicus and the extra containers mod too). Every dialog gives me a invalid (number) instead or the dialog. Also the containers give an invalid instead of the normal discription. Probably to do with the dialog.ltk but i dont know how to fix it.

Please help!

Thanks in advance

With Regard,

DeeKay

Comments

• DeeKayNLDeeKayNL Member Posts: 110
    Should I reinstall everything?
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    And you play on PC or Android version of the game? Because what you described sounds like common android mod problem with dialog file.
    You should check this thread https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/43990/how-to-install-mods-on-android/p12
    I play in PC (Windows 10). After some research its probably because i installed the mod in the wrong order? So yesterday I uninstalled everything. Then i installed everyting again in the correct order. I havent had te time to check if it works now. Tonight i will check again.
    Problem solved. I guess you cant install Tyris after SCS.
    Caszidy
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    scs in general is meant to be installed last like all tweak mods.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    But installing an NPC mod after SCS wouldn't lead to this behavior. More often, it's one of the following:
    -the mod was installed to a language other than the one the game is played in,
    -it is SoD from Steam or GOG and neither modmerge nor DLC Merger run before modding the game,
    -or a patch update wiped the game clean while playing with an old save.
    Maybe the language thing. Although can't remember seeing the options. Probably selected the wrong thing without noticing. Can't image the other options. Nothing from option 2 sounds familiar. And option 3 seems unlikely. Haven't seen an update. Just started the run a few days ago.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    sod should not be effecting it as it's a bg 2 only mod.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    The game language the mods will be installed to is stored in the "weidu.conf" file which is created after the first time you install a mod (and chose the game language). Deleting this file will give the game language choice anew when installing the next mod. (In case this helps.)
    When you wrote "Problem solved", did you get all mods you want to run or did you decide to uninstall the Tyris Flare mod?
    No I got all mods to run properly. I deleted everything. Reinstalled the game. Then in stalled the mods in the proper order. Everything works now!
    I did need to patch scs before configuring. I also neened to place like 10 spells in the override folder before I could finish the scs configuration.