Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Wild Surge Issue 12 - Giants

typo_tillytypo_tilly Member Posts: 5,702

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zBc6Ri3n76zkINLOncWz-boz73V_vOgB/view

Giants look down upon us all.

In this issue,
Yaga-Shura is featured on the cover and we look at his story inside. Then, a history of the giants and the giants' Ordning pantheon, followed by a custom giant setting piece in The Ruins of Mehrihnmar, a review of the first two of three Godzilla anime movies, and a critique of Attacker's Giants of Canaan metal album. Also included are two game reviews: Giants: Citizen Kabuto, with an accompanying album review, and Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.

Finally, Anduin ends Corpse's Corner with a farewell to his longtime fremesis and missed forum member, Shandyr.

Contributors:
@Anduin, @ashafetov, @deltago, @Fandraxx, @Rik_Kirtaniya, @typo_tilly

Special Thanks:
@Shandyr

Want more Surge? Support us through Patreon, Join us on Discord, follow us on Twitter, and visit us at WildSurge.ca.

Post edited by typo_tilly on
Rik_KirtaniyaNonnahswriterdeltagoAnduinashafetovJuliusBorisovThacoBellKamigoroshiStefanOAerakarGusinda

Comments

• typo_tillytypo_tilly Member Posts: 5,702
    edited October 2018
    That is one beautiful cover, despite the scenario and, well, Yaga-Shura's angry mug coming towards ya. ^_^ Huh. I wonder if those are carrion birds over the battlefield. Oh, and Andrii drew a version of the cover with an archer. You can see it on the table of contents. :)

Reading Corpse's Corner made me sad again. Anduin was as touching as he could be. -_-

Rik_KirtaniyaAnduinThacoBellAerakar
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,741

"Oh, look! The tiny ones have written about us! Hey, do you have a bigger print available?"

typo_tillyAnduinashafetovThacoBell
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,876
    ^ I bet he can beautifully belly dance.

Bit of a shame that Pathfinder: Kingmaker wasn't included in the issue. Lots of Cyclop Ruins throughout the game (plus sexy undead cyclop advicer).

typo_tillydeltagoashafetovlolien
  • typo_tillytypo_tilly Member Posts: 5,702
    Oh, I forgot about cyclops! I thought about ogres and other giant-kin, but we just went with giants for this issue. :) I definitely want to look at giant-kin in a future issue!

We'd also like to write reviews, or at least first impressions articles, of recent games in each issue. I'm not sure what games we'll include for the next issue, which will be on loot. I think Pathfinder: Kingmaker came up in discussion. If anyone would like to write a review for it (by the end of November), let us know here or send me or @deltago a message. Pathfinder is a game I'm really looking forward to. I just won't have enough game time to dedicate to it in November.

ashafetov