Skip to content

getting the original movies in enhanced edition

13»

Comments

• NyteshadeNyteshade Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018
    Does this replace ALL of the current movies with the old versions? When I watch (for instance) the bandit camp movie from OPTIONS > MOVIES - it shows me the current "cartoony" version. Personally I'd rather restore as many of the original movies as possible. Grainy 3d animation is better than cartoony 2d.
    Post edited by Nyteshade on
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    Nyteshade said:

Does this replace ALL of the current movies with the old versions? When I watch (for instance) the bandit camp movie from OPTIONS > MOVIES - it shows me the current "cartoony" version. Personally I'd rather restore as many of the original movies as possible. Grainy 3d animation is better than cartoony 2d.

There are two install options:
    • Replace all movies
    • Add missing movies
    Before installing ANY WeiDU mod on a SoD game (except directly from Beamdog?), you MUST install either the modmerge tool or DLC Merger first.
  • Lazy_OrangLazy_Orang Member Posts: 2
    Hello.
    I'm new here - played around with Baldur's Gate a bit when I was a kid but never properly played it through. I'm getting the Enhanced Edition over the holidays, though, so I'm hoping to be able to play it through, but I keep hearing how much better the old cinematics were. I searched online to see if I could find a mod to swap them out, and I found this, but none of the links are working for me. Could someone help me here? I'd like to try to have the best experience possible on my first run. :)
    Thanks in advance.
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172

Hello.
    I'm new here - played around with Baldur's Gate a bit when I was a kid but never properly played it through. I'm getting the Enhanced Edition over the holidays, though, so I'm hoping to be able to play it through, but I keep hearing how much better the old cinematics were. I searched online to see if I could find a mod to swap them out, and I found this, but none of the links are working for me. Could someone help me here? I'd like to try to have the best experience possible on my first run. :)
    Thanks in advance.

BGEE Classic Movies is hosted on GitHub.
    Readme

• Lazy_OrangLazy_Orang Member Posts: 2
    Sam_ said:

Hello.
    Thanks in advance.

BGEE Classic Movies is hosted on GitHub.
    Readme

Thanks, chap! :) Most helpful.