Skip to content

Art Resources from Lionheart

2»

Comments

• MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    @zupsky that game looks like it would fit in with the style of BG1. I'll have to track down a copy since it doesn't seem to be on gog.com. For now Lionheart is filling everything I've been looking for in map art. But Gorasul does seem to have some very useful maps.

---

On a sidenote I've spent 6 hours so far ripping model graphics and reached 900, just 3000 more to go. I think I'll have it all done by the end of the month. Then we can start discussing the layout of the maps.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I never got that far in Lionheart. Looks like they had some nice looking areas in the game.
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    Great work @Mordeus. Looking forward to the end result. Keep it up.
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    Does anyone know, how can I contact with @Mordeus to share the Lionhearts maps?
    Miridor
  • MiridorMiridor Member Posts: 90
    edited January 2017
    Did you ever get a hold of Mordeus @Saigon1983 ?

I know nothing about coding and modding, but imagine if one had access to all the maps and areas from BG, IWD, Planescape, Lionheart, and Pillars of Eternity!
    Then my dream of some day being able to build a Mystara campaign with the Infinity Engine would move an inch closer :-)
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I've tried to get in contact with @Mordeus about another one of their projects. I was unsuccessful, unfortunately
  • AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    Super unfortunate that this looks to have been abandoned, though I don't blame @Mordeus since the endeavor seemed waaaay too big for one person. I love his idea of repurposing Lionheart's assets into a ToB expansion. Would have been interested in working with him on this but sadly I only came into modding a few years too late.

Maybe after I learn a bit more about area modding I might try and reopen this project.
    ButtercheeseCrevsDaak
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    g-reat! tob expansion sounds great, do you have any ideas for a storyline?
    Grammarsalad
    edited May 2017
    Yup! So far I have a general outline of what I'd want to add (large city hub and extended first act like BG2's second chapter, extended Illasera confrontation, and a plotline surrounding the Twisted Rune) but I want to actually practice making areas and get more familiar with scripting before I commit to anything. Once I actually have something to show that would generate interest I'll probably look into recruiting. Unless I get bored/overwhelmed and drop it XD
    GrammarsaladEekanImp
  • VarlothenVarlothen Member Posts: 8
    All the power to you. Expansion projects like this are always an amazing thing.
    Grammarsalad
  • MiridorMiridor Member Posts: 90
    @AWizardDidIt

So how's it coming along? :-)
    edited January 2018
    Oh boy this

Uhh well tbh I had made several areas and scripted some NPC stuff... then my hard drive failed out and I lost everything I had been working on and like an idiot I didn't have backups saved. It really took the wind out of my sails to start over again.

Maybe some day I'll look into it again but reasons like this were kind of why I didn't commit to anything anyway. I have a dream of an actually fleshed out ToB that's a worthy conclusion of the story but I think unless there were a lot of modders that were interested in building something similar it will remain just a dream :p
    GrammarsaladMiridor
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    @PaulaMigrate if i remember correctly there was a pack with all lionheart area maps. If you don't know about that, try searching for them.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    What impresses me is how modders can take the atmosphere and feel of such a map and make it part of a completely different story. I've no idea about the game the map is from but I played through the ToB extension that uses it and it feels like it was made for each other. It's the *League of Foreign Trade* in Thay's Bezantur and an area full of danger and *illegal* activities, well, with the power of that League it's not illegal in that place, they make their own law and they trade everything there.
    The ship with the striped masts in the harbor belongs to Saemon Havarian, the old scoundrel.
    tbone1GrammarsaladKuselBleriot
  • Zeirag2004Zeirag2004 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I have ''Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader'' saved on my PC. I haven't played it for years, however I saw this thread and I wanna ask something that has been bugging me for a long time. Every map in the game is covered by a ''fog of war'' which dissapears when the player character walks to a new portion of the area. Being a RPG, ''Lionheart'' has a Perception attribute which when upgraded, increases the field of vision allowing more of the fog of war to dissapear and thus more of the area to be ''cleared''. However, several maps are designed in such a way that even with maxed out Perception (10/10) I cannot see everything which leaves small or even huge ''black spots'' remaining (the Pyranees mountain pass area is a bad offender). You can see these maps on Gamebanshee and even there several of them have these ''black spots''. It is really annoying and I want to remove them from my game (whenever I enter an area, I want it to be 100 % visible). Unfortnately, nothing I tried works- for example, I used hacks and mods to increase my Perception attribute over 10 however apparently the field of vision cannot be affected further than that. Please help me and tell me how I can and what I must do to remove all the fog of war from every map in ''Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader''. Thank you. Best of luck and wishes to everyone.
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    This topic might be interesting if you haven't already seen it.
  • Zeirag2004Zeirag2004 Member Posts: 2
    Greetings, I read your topic and tried your method, but it failed. Problem is that only a handful (<10%) of the maps' ZAX files have the "Activity=CAIPushFogOfWar" line (for example, the ''Slaver Pits'' area has it, and it works). When I tried to copy-paste this line in the other maps' files, the game glitched and/or crashed. Second map I entered story-wise (''Barcelona Gate District''), the game refused to auto-safe like normally, the entire area was black, I couldn't go anywhere or even do anything ,and no actions/dialog were triggered. After a few minutes the game broke and I had to exit it. Your thread mostly didn't help. :( I saw somewhere a Winrar file containing images of all the game's maps with the entire black ''fog-of-war'' removed, which is amazing and good. However, I can't do this with my game which makes me sad, because I wanna have a 100% completed game with all of the maps devoid of the whole fog-of-war. Thanks. :)