Skip to content

I was bored so I ...

Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
... decided to kill Dreppin's cow Nessie (just after he had healed her). Boy did he get mad. So did everyone in Candlekeep. That game didn't last long.

Your turn. What have you done when you got bored playing BG?

Comments

• PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Killed Gorion first... in yo' face, Sarevok!
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    Bored??!! Never!!

...I usually turn it off when I have enough:)
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Sometimes I save the game and then let my mages go on a fireball spree.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Charm every animal and person in a map section and have a big party in the middle of the map - then have them all kill each other, then kill my party, then cast a Skull Trap and kill myself. LOL.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I was bored, so I... Played The Old Republic.

Too soon?
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited October 2012
    Summoned a Dragon in BG1 tutu, just to see if 7th level party could deal with it ... we could not!
    Then I ctrl+q the dragon and had it kill everyone in candlekeep or Baldur's Gate =D
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Alt=Tabbed out of BG and played MineSweeper...
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Jaxsbudgie I have described that exact process to my office people and I will tell you that they did not understand at all.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Coriander said:

@Jaxsbudgie I have described that exact process to my office people and I will tell you that they did not understand at all.

You did explain it wasn't real life, right?

• MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    Option to go wild and make sick experiments is a sign of a good game. And of course is a part of BG.

And yes, I used to go into Fireball spree around the Sword Coast from time to time, until the whole army of Flaming Fist highest officers finally get me.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Forced a male Sim to get abducted and impregnated by Alien probe. :)
  • beerflavourbeerflavour Member Posts: 117
    edited October 2012
    Once I started a new game which put me in Candlekeep. I modified the savegame so that the character had 25 in every stat and was level 20. Took a bit of experimenting (especially to unlock spell slots for that level). Since it was a cleric multiclass there were quite some spells available to experiment with. Animate dead alot and going on rampaging through candlekeep. But some NPCs are tougher than expected and almost impossible to defeat.
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    The few times I get bored, I make a separate save and then proceed to attack Cowled Wizards. In Fallout: New Vegas I ignored the main missions and made my own by destroying every NCR Ranger Station, ha.
    Sat behind my mech army defense in starcraft, sick of using hellions to destroy his economy and started mass nuking him instead.

Come to think of it, I a significant amount of sitting behind my mech armies in SC2 and just destroying their worker lines instead while they come to me. Although usually its not with nukes =(
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    edited October 2012

Sat behind my mech army defense in starcraft, sick of using hellions to destroy his economy and started mass nuking him instead.

Come to think of it, I a significant amount of sitting behind my mech armies in SC2 and just destroying their worker lines instead while they come to me. Although usually its not with nukes =(

@Dragonspear: I cannot say that I enjoy the storyline, but I love SC1 and SC2. Competitively valid or not, I am always happy when I have bunkers filled with marines, backed by ghosts, siege tanks, missile turrets, and patrolling vikings by my entrance. I've always had a thing for bunkers. *shrug*

edited October 2012
    @anduine

I never played SC1, by the time I started to appreciate RTS (oh say, about a year and a half ago) graphically I was already screwed. That and a friend took my original SC1 disk and I'm too cheap to buy it.

That said, personally I dunno, I used to enjoy the marine but between banelings, psi storm, colossus, siege tanks, archons etc, I just prefer Mech. Give me Hellion, Tank, Thor, Viking, Banshee into Raven, Battlecruiser late game.

I mean, I still play bio against protoss (hurry up HotS), but its definitely my weakest matchup and I think its in large part because I know longer enjoy the nuances of bio or marine/tank play. I prefer the slow, patient mech crawl.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629

Put everyone in a room, remove all exits (but keep one window so they can look out to freedom), put in a fireplace and watch them all burn to death. Then, outside, put one in the swimming pool and take away the only ladder, delete as much of the swimming pool as possible so they're restricted to one square foot of swimming pool of which if planned correctly should be directly in front of aforementioned window. They will eventually drown.

Yaaaay Simssssss

Gotta agree with those people in your office. I don't get how that is supposed to be 'fun'.
  • Gun19Gun19 Member Posts: 48
    I like to play CHARNAME vs rest of party when I'm bored. CHARNAME usually wins :-)
  • gustonguston Member Posts: 70
    edited October 2012
    Once I hunted down every Imperial Guard in Oblivion. They kept trying to arrest me for random petty crimes like accidentally taking a wooden bowl from a store counter. I finally snapped when one guard tried to arrest me for "stealing" alchemical equipment from some evil necromancers. Dude followed me into a secret underground lair, past a bunch of necromancers and deadra not to help protect the city but to give me a fine! Obviously I killed him and everyone of his friends. Hunted them all down to the man. Some with my bow, some with a blade in the back.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Borderlands 1 via LAN with my friends and BL2 single player when home.

O and work...... always work.
  • jpierce55jpierce55 Member Posts: 86
    I used to slowly kill and heal Aerie! "oh it hurts so much"
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited October 2012
    I was so bored, I started playing MacAngband again. And that is old school Nintendo Hard (for those who know what NINTENDO HARD means). You get one life. If you die, there is no coming back. And it's just you alone in a dungeon. I like to play a Dunedain Fighter. No magic, Just choppy, choppy, hacky, slashy, now you're dead-y goodness.
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    I seldom got bored playing BG & sons.
    One time I wanted to try something different, I killed Gorion right in Cnadlekeep at the beginning, while he was standing on the steps of the Library. The game ended just there.
    Another time, playing IWD2, I had just found Nichodemus the ArchMage. Since this guy refused to talk to me, I just force started the fight and killed him in a few seconds. The game told me I had killed a critical character and could not continue. I stood there like a statue...
  • griffianogriffiano Member Posts: 26
    I was bored so................... I had a chat with Noober...........................LOL Only joking!! I smashed my mace in his annoying f**king face
  • FigrutFigrut Member Posts: 109
    @LadyRhian ever give ADOM "Ancient Domains of Mystery" a try?
  • FigrutFigrut Member Posts: 109
    Skully bombed all the flammy fists, then rp'ed out the rest of the game in their clothes.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited October 2012
    I decided to see how long my party could survive in the center of Waukeen's Promenade after killing everyone in sight. It lasted surprisingly long, but my whole party bailed on me, so it was just my PC running around shooting at cowled wizards and such. I tried it again later with a party of six evil characters and slaughtered all resistance.

Later, I used cheats to spawn an army of 2,400 paladins in the Umar Hills because I was bored and wanted to try something new and was feeling annoyed with paladins. I also spawned several copies of Abazigal and about 50 priests of Oghma in other parts of the same level. I fought them all with a party of six evil and neutral characters. It was truly epic and lasted for 7 hours real time. I eventually won, but unfortunately I didn't get to fight the Abazigal copies because it turned out that the paladins killed them before I could get there.

One time I imported my 3rd playthrough BG2 PC into BG Tutu and had him cast imprisonment on everyone in the game that I didn't like, but didn't really want dead. I thought that giving them a few thousand years in a magical prison to think about how they could have done things differently was a better punishment than death.