Skip to content

Are there shops in BGEE where one can "recharge" wands "for free"?

Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
What I basically mean is shops where I can sell wands and then steal them back. In case of BG2, I recharge my wands at the Shadow Thieves' Headquarters with that Black Market Thief. Wonder if some place like that is in BGEE as well.

Can anybody help?

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    There is none. Not even mod added one.
    Rik_KirtaniyaJuliusBorisovKuselverlaine
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited February 2018

There is none. Not even mod added one.

Oh no!! :/

Guess, I'll have to buy them back when I've collected enough money... or maybe I'll sell and steal other items to obtain the required amount of money. B)

@PaulaMigrate, is there any place for the latter option (sell and steal other items repeatedly)?
    Post edited by Rik_Kirtaniya on
  • ThanderThander Member Posts: 6
    According to: http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Lily
    Black Lily, the Thieves Guild merchant, will buy stolen items in BG:EE only (not vanilla game). I'm not sure if you can steal from her though or if she will buy wands. Do some testing.
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    In 2.0, the shop in Nashkel charges wands and can be stolen from. They don't take fenced goods though, so can be done only once with legitimate loot. One of each fully charged wand should be enough to take you through the entire game easily though. Probably SOD as well.
    JuliusBorisovAerakarGrond0
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

In 2.0, the shop in Nashkel charges wands and can be stolen from. They don't take fenced goods though, so can be done only once with legitimate loot. One of each fully charged wand should be enough to take you through the entire game easily though. Probably SOD as well.

is this a mod? because im pretty sure in my game my nashkiel store will not buy wands, although im in the ulcaster ruins, so i will have to test and see if the wand of fireballs is sellable there

Now that you mention it, I do have Tweaks Anthology on my game. So it could be that, can't remember all the components.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    yeah, i checked last night, and the storekeep does not buy wands with an unmodded game
    StummvonBordwehr
    allright, thanks for checking. I apologize for misinforming the OP. I do recommend installing Tweaks Anthology however. It's great.
    StummvonBordwehrsarevok57
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    Nashkel Carnival perhaps?
  • stu-kstu-k Member Posts: 30
    I sold a wand of magic missles at High Hedge then bought it back with 100 charges on it. Expensive but its my first attack against spell casters to cause spell casting failure. it turns a lot of fights into gravy.
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AerakarPraetorArchonite