Skip to content

Candlekeep Peoples Liberation Front

How many times have I played and never noticed that Monty Python reference....
I just found it today while starting a new play through with no party.
ThacoBelltbone1

Comments

• AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178
    So many hilarious references hidden in BG1... Sadly if people are still playing in 20 years most references will be lost on that generation.
    ThacoBell
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    Wait what? Where is this reference?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Lammas said:

Wait what? Where is this reference?

Journal entry for the rat quest in Candlekeep.
    Lammas
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    That was a Monty Python reference?
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    I don't think it is a Monty Python reference, or if it is they got the name slightly wrong. Life of Brian featured groups called the Judean Peoples' Front and their arch rivals the Peoples' Front Of Judea. Also the Judean Popular Peoples Front which only had one member. I don't think there were any variations with Liberation Front in the name.

It may just be a reference to the multitude of revolutionary groups around the world that have had Peoples' Liberation Front in their name.

ChroniclerThacoBellGrond0
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    That’s ok. I just found the hotel next to the BG Thieves Guild last week. Blew me away.
    tbone1
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291

That’s ok. I just found the hotel next to the BG Thieves Guild last week. Blew me away.

Elfsong Tavern?
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited November 2018
    Loldrup said:

Elfsong Tavern?
    There's a tavern right next to the thieves guild, not across the street like the Elfsong, but right adjacent to it. It has a blue roof, the door is out of line of sight and can only be found by hovering with your mouse over the roof. Inside there's a second story with a pool biljart and two roulette tables.

And it's Candlekeep People's Revolutionary Front. Get your names straight or the CPRF will get to you!
    ThacoBellGrond0Tresset
  • WgnMnWgnMn Member Posts: 3
    @Pingwin @Son_of_Imoen
    Looks like it was just my head that made up half of that. Thank you both for the corrections.