Skip to content

November 16 Livestream Recap

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
During today’s livestream Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Producer Luke Rideout shared the latest news on the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, NWN:EE Android Beta, and Infinity Engine Enhanced Editions. They discussed the latest changes on the Roadmap Trello for NWN:EE and provided an update on the upcoming 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

Check out the recap.

Comments

• TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    More Love
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    ThacoBell said:

Trent mentioned wanting to write new content, rather than tweaking old. What better way to act on this than adding a brand new questline to BG2 EE, resolving the SoulTaker plot thread that was created and left hanging!

#resolvesoultaker

Trent seems to only focus on NWN so by new content I think he means new content for NWM and sadly not for BG(1|2):EE.
  • fortysevenfortyseven Member Posts: 96
    Does anyone know so far which direction the 2.6 patch is taking is it just to deal with some bugs missed in 2.5 or does it have some more overarching theme like improving the interface or adding externalisations for modding etc.?
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 69
    I think it's good to do something new in new engine and plan for the future.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Good to hear he's planning on making new content, that's really what I was hoping for with NWN:EE. So much potential in that regard. I'd buy a dozen modules if they made them.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited July 2019
    @TrentOster,

First, I would like to thank you for reading and answering my question on the November 16 Livestream. Second, I would like to apologize if my question regarding the expansion of the NWN:EE content gave you the wrong idea. I wasn't referring to having the developers devote time and resources to revising old content, so much as I was asking if it were possible for end users to donate funds toward expanding the new NWN:EE content you create, in addition to purchasing it after it's released for sale. I understand that you want to drop the curator hat; the stories of the old content have been told. That ship has long sailed, and like Gibbs on NCIS, you want to build a new ship.

I must confess that in all the time I have owned NWN, both Classic and EE, I have never played through the Shadows of Undrentide or Hordes of the Underdark expansions. I always find myself restarting the Wailing Death campaign for whatever reason, because the completionist; the obsessive compulsive; and the perfectionist in me wants to make sure I have played through every possible quest scenario there is available before moving on to the next big adventure. I realize this has held me back in certain ways, and like you, I want to be more philosophical about it. Although, I fear that once I finally reach the point where my character is involved with Ensseric's quest, the fact I won't be able to fulfill that quest obligation will eat away at me. That is a personal issue I'll have to deal with, but I will cross that bridge when I get there.

In the meantime, I want to focus on the future of NWN:EE and the direction in which this game is being taken. You spoke of the new renderer and all the new graphics content being developed. Well, I have an idea for you: What better way to put all that shiny new content on display than in a brand new expansion or premium module, using the city of Neverwinter as a backdrop? Inspired by the Temple of Tyr: Never's Tomb quest, the story takes place during the city's infancy. Its founder, Halueth Never, is leading the people of Neverwinter in its defense against the Illusk Barbarians threatening to invade and pillage the Jewel of the North. The role of the player could be that of a protagonist adventuring on quests to gain allies and resources to aid and fortify the city's defenses. Familiar faces such as Nasher Alagondar, Ophala Chelderstorn, and even possibly a very young Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande could make guest appearances. Miaslaznia Fairblade could be a possible adventuring companion or quest NPC. Again, it's just an idea.

I just want you to know, Mr. Oster, that no matter what happens, you and everyone else @Beamdog have my full support. I have faith that whatever decision you make regarding this game will be the right one. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.

Carl Wells, aka Prince_Raymond
    Nevervember 19, 2018
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813
    Playing through the OC of NWN feels like such a chore to me, SotU and HotU are so much better in... everything. Even Aribeth is suddenly interesting.