Skip to content

Character Creation Issues & Selecting/Deselecting Spells

SeerSeer Member Posts: 6
edited November 2018 in Android Beta of NWN:EE
Hey there!

I'll start this post by saying what a great beta experience it has been so far. I've been playing on a Samsung s9 and gameplay has been excellent. I initially had some issues with navigating menus due to screen presses not registering (graphics were a -little- too small). I upped the resolution scale to 1.9 and that seems to have fixed most of my issues. I also had some FPS issues, so I've switched my graphics settings to low and everything is smooth and clean.

However, there are two issues with gameplay that first come to mind.

The first issue involves character creation.
- When I select hair or skin tones, they appear random. As in, I will select a green hair colour for example, but instead a completely different colour will be chosen. I can't seem to find much consistency with this.

The second issue involves selecting/deselecting spells.
- When I select a spell, for example Barkskin, but then decide I don't want to cast it, there doesn't seem to be an option to revert that action (unless I've derped and missed something). As a consequence I am unable to interact with anything else including game menus until I complete the cast. I found a work around which involves initiating the cast, and then moving my character to cancel it.

Apart from those two issues, everything seems fine!

Cheers
Post edited by Seer on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Thanks for the feedback, @Seer. The first issue is known and the developers are working on it.

Would you be able to report the second issue via our Service Desk? Thanks again.
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Howdy!

Julius's response above is entirely correct!

As a stop-gap, I'll add that depending on your device, the "back" button can sometimes be used to cancel an action / spell / cutscene. (On the device I'm using, it looks like an arrow looping around 180 degrees and pointing backwards)

• SeerSeer Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the replies!

I'll submit the second issue via the Service Desk now. I looked for a back button and unfortunately there is none.

Here is a screen shot of my game so you can see. I've chosen to cast virtue, but have no way of cancelling before initiating the cast. I can't interact with anything else on my screen other than my character or my animal companion.

There is no back button during casting either.

Thanks anyway!
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @Seer I think from the description that they meant the back button on your phone and not a button as part of the game.

TR
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    On my tablet, you have to swipe up from the bottom edge to reveal the normal Android back button, which looks like a triangle pointing left. Other devices may vary.
    Gotcha. I tried that out. It's a little awkward on a Samsung s 9 because you need to swipe to bring it up, but it works!
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited November 2018
    Have you tried taping the spell icon in the action que upper left? In pc if you click on it as you casting that cancels the spell.
    Yeah it works when casting now but not beforehand. I still need to swipe on my device to bring up the back button to undo the spell selection. But that's all good, thanks for the replies.