Skip to content

fighter/thief, swashbuckler, or other?

2»

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I think the elf bonus is going to make the first few levels much easier, but there is much to be said for that save bonus, and dwarves aren't specialized sneaks, being more mechanical is an asset. Half-orc can make early game pretty easy too, but since 18 str becomes 20, they aren't really superior to dwarves in any way by the time the game is getting hard(ish). I suppose if you're soloing a half-orc has an easier fight with the Battle Horrors? You can reasonably bypass that fight though I think.
    Aerakar
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited November 2018
    Shadow dancer. Backstabbing with a slice of cheese, preferably red leicester. Or tilsit. Maybe caerphilly. Bel paese? Red windsor?
    ThacoBellAerakar
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

Swashbucklers are overrated. They are forever stuck with 1APR

They get WW as an HLA and while that won't give them as low a THAC0 as a F/T, it's good enough to make short work of the later game.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

S/B can take you through the game easily. Two pips in katana, pick up CF, traps, what's not to like?

However, I find dualing to fighter at level 10 gives you that extra interest.

It might just be me (probably), but I just don't enjoy playing with a charname that takes a backseat. I want my charname finding traps/unlocking doors/laying traps/stealing ect. and then later being able to fight anything.
    StummvonBordwehrDaevelonDordledumAerakar