Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited November 2018

Another Champion of Bane was one-shotted by an ankheg while only at level one. I thought that you couldn't be one-shotted at level one, or have things changed? At least I wasn't far into the game. The ankheg was at death's door and if it had died my champion would have levelled up.

The problem with ankhegs is that their ranged attacks can deal missile and acid damage, so I'm afraid you're character was "two-shotted".

It would probably have been safer to get those first few levels elsewhere (Beregost and Nashkel and the surrounding areas).
    Thanks for the reply. However I had already worked that out for myself. I thought that with blur, mirror image and smite of dread he might be strong enough. I was wrong, but not far wrong. I tried it again with two swords instead of sword and shield and was successful.

I am now running another one who reached level 4 and has now started recruiting so am hopeful that this run will be a bit longer. He is now rep 20 and about to go shopping. Will post later.

@aldain Congrats. Well done.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    Grond0BlackravenCrevsDaak
    @aldain Congrats. Well done.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Borco said:

aldain said:

Wondering why Khalid isn't taking massive ranged damage, I look around, and it turns out Zhalimar ran out onto the roof when a Skeleton Warrior got up close and personal. Maybe enemies shouldn't change zones when running away? On his own, even Zhalimar can do little, and the last of Sarevok's acolytes fall.

Fun fact: I've finally been able to check the screenshots on my computer and, honestly, I had no idea it was possible to get to the roof of the Iron Throne HQ.
    You can also rest up there without any interfering guards disturbing your slumbers :p.
    BorcoStummvonBordwehrsemiticgoddessCrevsDaak
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    @Grond0 I've always wanted to set up a tent and build a campfire on the top of the Empire State Building or so :)
    Grond0CrevsDaak
    Borco said:

aldain said:

Wondering why Khalid isn't taking massive ranged damage, I look around, and it turns out Zhalimar ran out onto the roof when a Skeleton Warrior got up close and personal. Maybe enemies shouldn't change zones when running away? On his own, even Zhalimar can do little, and the last of Sarevok's acolytes fall.

Fun fact: I've finally been able to check the screenshots on my computer and, honestly, I had no idea it was possible to get to the roof of the Iron Throne HQ.
    I've used that as a place to sleep. :D I'm not sure whether or not it was a mod that enabled that though.
    @Borco Why not use potions for dealing with the basilisks at Durlag's? If you have oil of speed two potions of mirrored eyes are sufficient.
    StummvonBordwehrBlackravenCrevsDaak
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    edited November 2018
    @Wise_Grimwald I agree, absolutely. However, Oils of Speed are rare (I normally only get the ones from Imoen and Montaron until I reach Baldur's Gate, although I'm aware there are more available) and I also tend to use Potions of Mirrored Eyes only as a 'panic button' in case of basilisk ambush or unexpected Chromatic Orb.
    Blackraven
    edited November 2018
    @Borco Just used the same tactic in my game. Got him to fight Zargal the strongest one there is, and of course won. Bassilus and the Aerial servant are able to clear the entire area. However they didn't as I ensured that a ghast held Bassilus so that he was easy to kill. Sadly the ghast killed him so lost out on the experience. :/
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    StummvonBordwehrBlackraven
    edited November 2018
    Neverused said:

Ugh. Just a quick and final update: I managed to get to the Iron Throne top floor in my poverty run, but chose to fight fairly rather than the upstairs-downstairs method. A Confusion on everyone that could possibly dispel it spelled our doom...

Hard luck. Better intelligence next time. :D

Even if you don't play upstairs/downstairs it would always be wise to leave a dispeller downstairs who could come upstairs just to dispell etc. It is the sort of thing that any party leader would arrange, knowing the score as you do, it is not power gaming but role playing.
    StummvonBordwehrBlackravenAerakarCrevsDaak