Skip to content

Diseased Miner in Cloakwood Mines Level 1

Hello,

There is a miner in Cloakwood Mines level 1 which says,

I tried casting Cure Disase on him, though spell says "Disease Cured" i think its a generic response. Nothing changed after this, dialog is the same.

Maybe a small feature can be added for saving this poor guy ? :smile: If anyone in the party have cure disease, or maybe a potion can be offered. It would be a shame to kill someone when curing disease is so easy for player's party ( magic, potions etc) ...
BlackravenStummvonBordwehrZaghoul

Comments

• ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    That is, if it actually is a disease. The text says that he THINKS he has "some sort of " disease. And he is a miner and not a doctor. Perhaps he accidentally ate some poisonous mushrooms, perhaps he suffers from a curse, perhaps an alien is trying to escape from his chest?
    Daevelon
  • alithegreatalithegreat Member Posts: 24
    Of course he tells us what he thinks but a party with druids/clerics (high medicine skills) shouldn't say "ok we kill you" if they have some options to try ;)

Some better options for a good party can be a nice touch, thanks.
  • KvotheRM8KvotheRM8 Member Posts: 54
    That's so depressing that it's funny....I have issues.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    The Cure Disease spell just always says that when it is cast.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Quite likely he's under-fed, over-worked, with his lungs full of rock dust. I don't know that there's any spell that can help with that sort of thing. He just needs a better job.
    Balrog99DJKajuruStummvonBordwehr
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605

Quite likely he's under-fed, over-worked, with his lungs full of rock dust. I don't know that there's any spell that can help with that sort of thing. He just needs a better job.

Well, actually Heal spell should work:
    "The very potent Heal spell enables the priest to wipe away disease and injury in the creature who receives the benefits of the spell. It completely cures all disease and blindness in the recipient and heals all points of damage suffered due to wounds or injury. It also dispels a Feeblemind spell and cures those mental disorders caused by spells or injury to the brain. Naturally, the effects can be negated by later wounds, injuries, and diseases."

And i've just realized that Heal spell should cure the head injury of Minsc as well :o
    StummvonBordwehralithegreat
    Daevelon said:

Well, actually Heal spell should work:
    "The very potent Heal spell enables the priest to wipe away disease and injury in the creature who receives the benefits of the spell. It completely cures all disease and blindness in the recipient and heals all points of damage suffered due to wounds or injury. It also dispels a Feeblemind spell and cures those mental disorders caused by spells or injury to the brain. Naturally, the effects can be negated by later wounds, injuries, and diseases."

And i've just realized that Heal spell should cure the head injury of Minsc as well :o
    I disagree. There's nothing in there that says it can be used as a substitute for food or rest. Maybe if you're interpreting it very generous it might remove foreign particulates from the lungs but even that's a stretch.
    ThacoBell
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605

I disagree. There's nothing in there that says it can be used as a substitute for food or rest. Maybe if you're interpreting it very generous it might remove foreign particulates from the lungs but even that's a stretch.

Well, for resting i actually think it works, in BG2 with Heal Spell you can cure Yakman from his madness, caused by not resting for days. In 3.5 edition it cures the status Exhausted as well.
    For food i agree
    Chronicler
    Daevelon said:

Well, for resting i actually think it works, in BG2 with Heal Spell you can cure Yakman from his madness, caused by not resting for days. In 3.5 edition it cures the status Exhausted as well.
    For food i agree
    Hm... How exactly food works for our party is largely left up to the imagination, but we're presumably eating somehow.

While at this point in the journey we wouldn't be high enough level to access that particular spell, a heal spell and a sandwich might at least alleviate his pain a bit.
    Daevelon
    http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Samuel

Or hell, if we're being a bit more creative, there was that one quest where we carry a wounded man from south of Nashkel all the way to the Friendly Arm Inn just to get him the help he needs.

This emaciated slave would probably weigh less. There's no reason we couldn't bring him to a more qualified professional.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

Or hell, if we're being a bit more creative, there was that one quest where we carry a wounded man from south of Nashkel all the way to the Friendly Arm Inn just to get him the help he needs.

This emaciated slave would probably weigh less. There's no reason we couldn't bring him to a more qualified professional.

Considering that you actually save all the slaves and then they're on their own , it makes sense that theyd help each other and might even seek spiritual aid by themselves.
    ThacoBell
    DJKajuru said:

Considering that you actually save all the slaves and then they're on their own , it makes sense that theyd help each other and might even seek spiritual aid by themselves.
    Maybe. We're given the option to evacuate the mine before we flood it, but we never go into too much detail of what exactly happens to the miners afterwards.

It was a pretty treacherous journey to get there. Don't know what the odds are that a bunch of emaciated unarmed slaves are gonna make the journey unharmed. Much less the one particular slave that by the sounds of it is at death's door already.

And let's say they make it to the city. What happens to them then? Do they all just get jobs as accountants? Now they're fed, sheltered, rested, happily ever after?

Like, don't get me wrong, they're better off than before, but it doesn't sound like the hard times are over for them quite yet.
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    All the more reason to go for the Neutral Evil party next time. One more corpse for the tally.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

I tried casting Cure Disase on him, though spell says "Disease Cured" i think its a generic response. Nothing changed after this, dialog is the same.

Could be a mental disease?