Skip to content

Mac: NWNEE crashes when loading quicksave, and when transitioning between areas. Ideas?

Has anyone found any fix to this, gotten any responses from Beamdog?
I just bought the EE for my Macbook from Steam with a bundle, and am hugely disappointed with this problem. Unplayable.

I already reported it through the support site with all the necessary files.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

I already removed custom portraits (downloaded via Steam) and also tried turning down sounds like someone else mentioned, did not change anything.

Playing on:
Macbook from 2013
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 MB

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hi, @Horrigan . We're grateful for you using the bug-tracker. Each troubleshooting issue requires all the system info and may vary from a user to a user, depending on their hardware and software.

While the majority of Intel-related crashes was fixed, there're still issues remaining, which will be tracked back and fixed. But that requires such reports as yours.
  • HorriganHorrigan Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2018
    @JuliusBorisov Thanks for the reply Julius, good to know you are still working on these.

Do all the future patches automatically go on Steam as well, so it will download them via Steam?

BTW, I have been trying to play it a little to pinpoint more of the crash causes, but no luck. Seems so random mostly.

But I have noticed in the OC that using the Stone of Recall is close to 99% crash rate. Sometimes it works if I use it at an outdoors space, but from inside a dungeon etc. 100% crash rate. I would theorize that it has something to do with Hall of Justice where it takes you, it seems to crash the most even when moving inside there to one of the areas inside (like where Fenthick is).

Also sometimes previously enterable areas become un-enterable suddenly. Before I was able to go into the Trade of Blades (where you get henchmen) fine, but now trying to enter that building 100% crash rate.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Please share these details at support.baldursgate.com - they must be very useful for the developers.

Any future stable patch will be released on Beamdog, GOG and Steam. Beamdog and Steam also let you opt in the Development Branch to try beta patches (before the stable patch is released).
    @JuliusBorisov
    Should I make a new report on the support page for those, or edit it into my previous one? I was wondering if the files will get all mixed up with previous ones, if there are too many of them in one report.
    If it's for the crashes, and you think crashes are Intel-related, then it's better to have everything in one report.
    @JuliusBorisov Ok. I have now added a couple of other reports to my "case" by editing. https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/39398

How long does it on average take for your team to respond to the files / problem reports on page?