Skip to content

NWNEE Digital Deluxe no longer supported??

grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
Hello;
I logged into Beamdog Client tonight and got this message:

(I hope that came through!!)

Anyway, the long and short of it is, that the game I bought, has been discontinued and no longer will be supported! This is a surprise to say the least! I seem to recall paying extra for the Digital Deluxe edition when it came out. It does seem to not be supported though as the new update that just came out is not there for me to use. WTH!!!!!

Is this for real?!?? And why can't I find anything on the Blog about this?? Why is there no posting anywhere that I can find on the forum about this??? Near as I can tell, I have to rename my folder so that I can keep updating my game, but I've gone backwards???

I'm lost, and not happy about this at all!!

Grom

Comments

• tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87
    Please read the part on the launcher where it states all the additional content has been added to your account and that to keep getting updates, switch over to Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition from the drop down arrow next to "Digital Deluxe" and also download each individual DLC part.

All of the stuff in the Deluxe edition has been rereleased as DLC that can be bought individually and your account should have automatically been provisioned with having already bought each DLC already due to Deluxe Edition, if it's not actually on your account send a message to support to get it sorted.

The part about renaming the folder is to save you time and harddrive space downloading it all again in a new location.

JuliusBorisov
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    edited November 2018
    Bullocks! It still doesn't make any sense. Why was there not an email to account holders? Why were clear instructions given? Do I have to live on Steam in order to get bloody news? Not happy being told that something I bought 6 months is no longer being supported. That's a really bad way of saying what you guys are actually attempting to do. Furthermore, there is nothing in the drop down menu next to "Digital Deluxe" other than "Darkness over Daggerford" and "Digital Deluxe Development."

There's "English", but not the same thing as "Enhanced Edition" which Beamdog clearly defines in their ill-gotten message.

And then one has to change the number on their folder? This is getting to look like amateur hour. Changing the number is not hard, but really? So I change the number, and then what? Do I have to reinstall everything? Is there an update waiting? Because when I changed the number nothing happened and it asked if I wanted to install the English Edition? What? I already have it installed! What is this treachery?

Is there even an update? I'm tired of this presumption that everybody is computer savvy and should be 10 steps ahead of everyone else. What happened to just good common sense and customer support?
    Post edited by Grizzled_Dwarflord on
    grom56
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @grom56 http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/10/october-05-livestream-recap.html

Beamdog.com now supports bundles! Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe is being broken up into individual DLCs and will be rebundled. All owners of the current Digital Deluxe will be provisioned with the individual DLCs.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/10/october-19-livestream-recap.html

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe on Beamdog.com has been split into individual DLCs. All owners of the the Digital Deluxe were provisioned with the appropriate DLCs. If you still don’t own them, and planning on purchasing, you can still get a -10% bundle discount if you buy the base game and all the DLCs at once!

You can find all the keys on your account (for the game and its DLC which in the past were bundled into the DD) when you log onto Beamdog.com.
  • grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    First off: I agree with Grizzled up there, what's wrong with being clear with your info?? I looked for the Enhanced Edition using that drop down arrow. Nothing new there, no listing for "EE" there, just my DD and all the Mods and DLC I'd downloaded before. Again: NO ENHANCED EDITION listed! So you can just step down from your high horse tfox, I may not be the sharpest pen in the box, but I did read the message and followed as much of it as was understandable.

Second: Julius, at no point does your recaps mention that DD is going to be discontinued. It mentions being "broken up" and rebundled. Now this may have been thought to have been clear that DD was done, but sadly it wasn't clear at all. Unless maybe you were at all the talks about what it would mean. I wasn't, of course. Saying that my game has all the "appropriate" DLC means nothing to me, I'm never sure what a DLC even is most times. How hard was it to say something like oh I don't know: "we will be discontinuing DD in the near future and will post more info about this on the forums."??? And while I think of it, why make us rely on the livestreams?? I can never really watch those, and only sometimes can I read them, but I DO check the forums often! Why nothing posted as a heads up on the forums??

And lastly: I renamed my folder from 00838 to 00785. Once I did, looks like I might have gotten an update, but my client still shows me as being an owner of Digital Deluxe. Nothing changed in the dropdown at all.... So, does this mean I am going to have to rename the folder each time there is an update??? Or will I just have this DD name stuck to my game and it won't bother anything going forward???? As I said I'm a bit lost here, and would like maybe a little bit of handholding and questions answered, not just someone telling me to read the stuff I posted for you to see... Or to find recaps that I have problems seeing. As Grizzled said, not all of us went to MiT and know this stuff inside and out, we buy a game, and hope that the folks that make the game treat us right, but also hope we can just get on with the playing and not have to take advanced computer classes to keep up....

Thank you for you time.

Grom
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    As I understand it, once you renamed your folder, you won't need to do that again.
    That's more of an understanding then I have for sure @JuliusBorisov I hope your right.

But here's another issue that has cropped up on our PW: Users that went down to plain EE from DD got updated fine it seems. Me and the PW lead DM went the path of renaming the folder. We did not get updated. Now the PW is out of wack with most of the players. My client shows me as running DD still and the info message is now gone:

I guess we do need to move over to plain EE to be able to keep using our PW. And it seems that to downgrade to EE we have to choose "English"??? I would have thought that whole silliness would have been fixed by now???

I must admit, I'm slow to make this change, I don't what the fall-out is going to be.... I'll wait for my lead DM to make the change (if he does!) so I don't lose the ability to play my game.

I admit, I had been thinking of picking up a few other enhanced editions: Icewind Dale; Baldur's Gate I & II, but I'm backing off that thought now.

Can we please get someone to answer questions and tell us what needs to be done???
    If you do "Options->Verify Game" it will check to make sure your local copy is up to date(and skip downloading the files that were there from copying the DD over)
    Thanks @JuliusBorisov. I guess that's the best we can hope for, I'm really not at all sure how "verify Game" will keep me in line with my PW or load updates as they come down the line, since my client shows me as a DD user still?? Still, thanks for trying to help.

I guess I was hoping that Beamdog would give more then guesses and insults in way of support.
    You said that "users that went down to plain EE from DD got updated fine". "Verify Game" will keep you in line with your PW or load updates because it will check to make sure your local copy is up to date.
    Ah, that I can follow, thanks Julius. Should this be done everytime I load up the client? Or is once enough?? Would it be easier to just name the folder back to 00839 and figure out how to move to plain EE?? If so, I'll try to get my lead DM to do so, then follow suit.

Thanks again Julius for sticking with me on this.... this stuff just drives me wacky and I'm one of those folks that needs a roadmap laid out to follow... I do envy folks like tfox who understands all the bits and pieces....
    I think you should do that only once, to make sure you're on the latest version (which is 78.8186). Going forward, you'll just have to update the game when a new patch is out.
    Hmmm... checked my version and it read 8181. Now I'm wondering what the heck that 10 gig download was for??? You see why I'm unsure about all this... nothing seems to match up with what folks are saying. Ah well, life in the fast lane I guess. I'll just wait to change my version until my PW changes as well.

Still would be rather nice if someone from Beamdog support would step in and answer all the questions and doubts about this move. Too much to ask for???
    edited November 2018
    This is not working. I checked the English version in the drop down. I renamed the folder to 785, but I never received a prompt to update. So I hit verify game. It gave me a message about missing/changed files and would I like to restore. So I hit restore, and now all of my premium modules are gone. I'm sure other things went bye-bye too. What the crap?

When I try to install each one through the Beamdog Client, each one wants me to create a separate folder with a specific number, and each file needs to be done this way. Something clearly isn't right. Is it really so hard to post a step-by-step list of instructions on how to navigate these changes?

We'll send out a newsletter to explain the procedure.

In the meantime, how does the dropdown menu look for you?

What happens if you choose a premium module from the dropdown?

What is your Beamdog Client version number? (the latest is 2.1.10)

If you can't see DLC which were a part of the DD in the dropdown, please send a message to our support - support@beamdog.com
    @JuliusBorisov I checked my dropdown and it looks the same as yours:

I also checked one of the premium modules listed, it wanted the DLC applied so I clicked it and it flashed for a second then I see this:

I checked my Client version and it's at 2.1.10

I also checked what "English" does for me, and it asks for an install when I click it. However with the issues that Grizz is having doing so, I really don't want to do this.

I have a thought though and would really like it if someone from beamdog support could check me on this: Looking at what @Grizzled_Dwarflord did and the steps he took, I'm wondering if by clicking "English" maybe the folder should be left alone at 00839??? Also if the move to EE is taken via "English" do you need to verify??? Are you verifying the wrong folder???

Also how does a newsletter work? Are you talking about sending out e-mails?? Or a post here somewhere?? A short blip on the beamblog??? How does one get a newsletter from you???? I know, there I go being a fool again, but, I'm still at a loss on how to watch a podcast.

Any and all help from support would be a blessing!

Thank you;
    Grom

To sign up for our newsletter, enter your email here: https://www.beamdog.com/NewsletterSignup

You will receive the email, yes.

I've been passing all of your and @Grizzled_Dwarflord 's questions to the team creating that newsletter.
    grom56
    Ok, thanks @JuliusBorisov I think I got that done, I had to relog-in but it said my account was updated. I'll try to find some place under my account that lets me know if I'm signed up or not.

And thank you for passing along both of ours issues.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited November 2018

What is your Beamdog Client version number? (the latest is 2.1.10)

If you can't see DLC which were a part of the DD in the dropdown, please send a message to our support - support@beamdog.com

@JuliusBorisov , Yes, I have 2.1.10. Yes, I can see all of those DLC's in the dropdown. My issue is, it wants to install each one into a different directory. Why? Why can't all of it be housed in one folder? It's asking to create a new folder with a new number for every DLC. Is that right? Even the message is confusing. Please tell me this is not how it's supposed to be.

Observe:

Late Edit: I finally figured it out. I was attempting to install it in a bogus directory, or at least, one that looked eerily similar to the true directory. Once I figured this out, everything went in smooth as french silk pie.

Thanks for putting up with my daftness. However, I do have one question: How do I get all of the new tileset renovations and new shields/weapon looks that everyone flaunts on Steam? Shouldn't those be released by Beamdog to the folks who purchased and supported Beamdog?
    Post edited by Grizzled_Dwarflord on
    grom56
    edited November 2018
    I've wondered the same thing Grizz about all the fancy stuff only going to steam. Seems I was told that all that fancy stuff "IS" in the beamdog updates as well. Hard to tell, because, if ya don't know what it is, how do you know if it's missing?? Ah well, need a bit of faith I guess.

And an "update" on my issues: I was able to finally get my game downgraded to EE from DD and get all DLC loaded up. My game version is now at 8186 and I'm good to go. Here's hoping this is the last time beamdog makes us guess our way though an update or rebrand of our game!
    JuliusBorisov
    Oh, interesting. What was that thing that solved it for you, @grom56 (as @Grizzled_Dwarflord shared his solution above)

Late Edit: I finally figured it out. I was attempting to install it in a bogus directory, or at least, one that looked eerily similar to the true directory. Once I figured this out, everything went in smooth as french silk pie.

I do have one question: How do I get all of the new tileset renovations and new shields/weapon looks that everyone flaunts on Steam? Shouldn't those be released by Beamdog to the folks who purchased and supported Beamdog?

We're still figuring out how to better upload them onto our site. But you can use the files from the NWVault: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/model/beamdog-enhanced-workshop-items
    @JuliusBorisov I tried to verify my game, and had errors, so I removed the new 785 folder, then took "English" from my dropdown list and had it install the game anew as EE. I still have an issue or two outstanding such as this:

I really don't want to restore the game to it's original start, mainly because I no longer am sure what that is!! However, the game plays for now, and all DLC was installed so I'm set for now.

The new update has broken something for us PW users, but I'm going to report that over in the support area. (something I should have done with this thread, but fazed out on at the time!)
    I felt the same way when I had that message, Grom. I rolled the dice and hit restore.

Meanwhile, is it safe for me to remove/delete the 00839 folder? I don't need two versions on my hard drive. I don't want to break anything....
    grom56
    Grizz, I can't make up my mind if it's ok or not. I think it is as that folder might point to the DD version?? Maybe, but I noticed that I not only have a folder for 785 & 839, but folders for 846; 847; 848; 849; 850 & 851 as well. All of them except 785 and 839 were made on the same day 11/22/18, so I'm guessing that those folders point to the DLC mods I just installed again.

This makes me think that it won't hurt to remove 839, nor hurt to leave it alone. Maybe once Beamdog sends out that newsletter we will have more info. Who knows, With both of us working our way through this swamp and reaching the other side, they may feel a newsletter is no longer needed. Ah well, so it goes.

What happened to you and your game when you hit restore Grizz?? I'd kind of like to lose this annoying bit and just move on playing.
  • KaosWarMonkKaosWarMonk Member Posts: 40
    Having to move from Deluxe Edition via the BD client was indeed a bit of a strange process. If it helps anyone here it is...

I renamed my 008401 folder to 00785 as instructed (I agree with GDL - the client should handle this). Installed the "English" version of NWN (that really should be called something more appropriate). And then agreed to it doing the verification/restore process. This then did the verification of the install and finally downloaded an update of about 90Mb.

As I'd seen previously the verification process/update removes any addition files from the install directories (I use SweetFX).

I then had to download DoD and all the premium modules again for them to show up as installed in the BD client.

Whilst this did add the necessary files to the 00785 directory it also created a number of additional folders under my Beamdog directory each containing the DLC files on their own. This amounts to ~7Gb of data outside the NWN install folder that as far as I can tell aren't used - the same files exist under 00785. I've moved these extra folders to a holding location, can we get confirmation they can be deleted?

Whilst all the above isn't particularly rocket science I can see it being very confusing for people who don't look at this type of thing everyday. BD should have done a much better job at letting the client handle all this or at the least provided much clearer instructions. I only found out the Deluxe Ed was being deprecated from a post from Grom on the PW forum. Room for improvement Beamdog.
    JuliusBorisov
    Thanks for the info @KaosWarMonk Looks pretty much what I finally did to get mine up and running. However I didn't do the verify (I think) of the game. Could this be why I get this creepy message to restore my files to the start??? And if I do this verify or restore does that mean I'll have to download and install all my Mods and DLC a third time????? And if so, what does that mean for my "in house" files over on my PW??? Are they all trashed????

Oh and as an aside to @JuliusBorisov : I looked at all that fancy stuff you linked to that are only for steam users, way back in Aug. at that time they were not working, there has been no update to them since, so I can only think that they still are only for those folks who didn't support Beamdog….. Life in the big city man.....

I so look forward to that newsletter one day...…

Grom
  • jmrjmr Member Posts: 7
    I renamed the folder from 00839 to 00785 as instructed, but the Beamdog Client still thinks the Digital Deluxe version is installed (as well as the standard version) and wants to repair it by re-downloading all its files. If I tell it to uninstall the Digital Deluxe, it fails with this message: "An internal error has occurred. If you notice repeated issues, please contact Beamdog support."
    TressetJuliusBorisov
    @jmr this was what I noticed as well. My account didn't change from Digital Deluxe to "English" which is what beamdog calls the enhanced edition for some odd reason. I downloaded the game anew (didn't have to rebuy it at least!) then had to reinstall all the mods I had installed, not too bad just pick each from the dropdown list and verify the DLC. Then I had issues with the files being wrong because game was DD and looking for EE, so had to verify the game under the "Options" dropdown list. Finally everything looks good.

Sounds like your trouble is you tried to "Uninstall" DD... don't do that. For some unknown reason Beamdog wants us to have two or more copies of the game on our systems. I'm sure it all will be explained in the newsletter they plan to send out one day....
    We hear you, thanks for the feedback.
    grom56
  • RestoRangerRestoRanger Member Posts: 5
    What's the current solution to this?
    No change @RestoRanger you have to sorta muddle your own way through the mess... Both me and the others in this thread seem to have found our way past it now. Follow our path if your feeling a bit lost still. Looking like beamdog has decided to NOT issue a newsletter with help for users on this problem.