Skip to content

Is there a damage bonus if you attack an enemy from behind?

ihcobihcob Member Posts: 12
As the question suggests - is there a damage bonus if you put, for example, a second mele fighter behind an enemy as opposed to in front when attacking them? Like your thief, for example? Cheers.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Nope. But attacking from stealth will do bonus damage (as well as hit chance).
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited November 2018
    ThacoBell said:

I was aware that there is only -4 thac0 bonus while attacking from stealth, and not a damage bonus (for non-thieves). Of course thieves have the backstab multiplier when they are hiding or just invisible.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Daevelon said:

ThacoBell said:

I was aware that there is only -4 thac0 bonus while attacking from stealth, and not a damage bonus (for non-thieves). Of course thieves have the backstab multiplier when they are hiding or just invisible.
    That's what I said?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,313
    I think the clarification was that the bonus damage for backstabs is only given for thieves - not other classes attacking from stealth or invisibility. All classes though benefit from the THAC0 bonus.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Stalkers (ranger kit) also get backstab bonus..
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    Everybody has it right. The only thing I can add is that even if they can see through invisibility, if you are in stealth or invisible and hit from the rear, unless they are also immune to backstab they will take any backstab multiplier.