Skip to content

Finally completed my first full saga SCS + Ascension playthrough since 2006! (all warrior party)

It's been 12 years in the making, but I have finally done it (again). :)

When i first got BG1 and later BG2+ToB in my teens around the year 2000, i played a lot. Really a LOT.
I ran characters from BG1 to halfway through SoA. Ran from BG2 to ToB, but somehow never managed to complete a full saga run until years later in 2006 (with a solo sorcerer no less).

Then i took a break, vowing myself to return someday and do a full party run through the saga with SCS and Ascension installed (i missed the character interaction and roleplay elements). I became a dad and got a full time job so this never came to be.... until 2012 when BGEE was released.

I fiddled around with the game a bit but never really got quite to finish even the first part due to restartitis. :)
I did not really touch the game much aside from a few a futile attempts for a few years.

Last summer, i decided to do it... roleplaying, minimal reload, SCS + Ascension playthrough included the never played before Siege of Dragonspear.

It's been quite a journey (about 3 months of play time), but 20 minutes ago my dwarven barbarian finally planted his axe inside Mellisan gut for good and ascended the Throne of Bhaal.

I guess there is no real point to this thread other then proclaim my love for these games and how they changed my life. :smiley:

I enjoyed the new NPCs, i enjoyed SoD (it felt more like IWD then BG at times but considering the setting, it didn't feel out of place). The new areas were well done, and the content was enjoyable.

I romanced Dorn throughout the saga (Sarevok, Dorn and Korgan were in my party) and perhaps the only downside to the EE's was the lack of content for Dorn in ToB and SoD (they did nothing knew with him in SoD and i was surprised the whole Ur-Gothoz storyline just vanished in ToB).

But just wanna say, thank you thank you Beamdog for delivering me a nostalgic yet refreshing gaming experience.
That's all, rant over. :D

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Congrats!
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that you've had a good time playing the games we all know and love.

Why not post a screenshot of your Bhaalspawn to commemorate the event?
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Well done! SCS is no joke, and I can only imagine Ascension makes it all the harder. I tip my hat to you.

Most importantly, I'm glad the game is bringing you joy. :)